This cache update has brought a lot of changes in NPC ID's and obect ID's, as well as some parts of the world map since the last time we did this kind of major cache update. Therefore, we are organizing a bughunter contest on our testserver to ensure there will be no bugs when we release the new cache on the live server.
To participate, simply download our portable testclient and test as many of our current features as possible to see if anything has stopped working because of the new cache. If you find any bugs (that are otherwise not a bug on the live server), please report it as a reply on this topic. Make sure to include your game username in one of your bug reports so I know where to add the credits at the end of the contest. The most important things to look for are objects (PoH furniture, rocks, trees, banks, just to name some), NPC's (wrong spawns, wrong drops, ...) and noclipping checks that might have broken.
Please note that this new cache brings no actual changes to the game yet. It's simply a necessary preparation so that we can start adding the raids, skilling pets and all the other amazing new content that you have all been wanting to have in PkHonor.
A couple of things to test (so you have an idea what to look for): Some useful commands on the testserver: The contest will be ongoing until 22 April 2019, unless new bugs are still being reported close to the deadline, in which case we may extend it.
Bughunter contest over in:
Bughunter contest rules & guidelines
- Whenever you encounter an in-game bug, make a post about it as a reply to this thread. Please try to be as specific as possible so we can reproduce the bug
- Make sure you include your in-game username in one of your bug reports, so I know where to add the credits (if you never state your in-game name in any reports, you will be excluded from the contest)
- The first person to report a bug gets the points for it
- Known bugs or bugs that are also present in the live production server do not result in any points
- Please report one bug per post to prevent people from cheating by editing their old posts. This means double posting in this thread is allowed.
- When two or more people work together to find a bug (or someone finds a bug and asks another to report it), they all get the full amount of points for it
- You get points based on the severity of the bug:
- 1 point for minor bugs, visual glitches & unintended pvm safespots
- 2 points for relatively minor bugs, things that don't work or wrong ID's (for example an NPC having the wrong ID or being spawned in the wrong place)
- 3 points for general bugs
- 4 points for major bugs
- 5 points for game-breaking bugs
- 10 points for dupes or massive exploits
Current bughunter report: