Ironmen

Discuss anything and everything about PkHonor.
Empty
Honor Player

Re: Ironmen

Post by Empty » Thu Oct 27, 2022 11:28 pm

Tapdough wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 11:26 pm Contact the supers and they will advice you further if you wish to make such donation

Not saying it will happen but worth a try :thumbsup: :prayge:
No custom donations for the past like 10 years or so.

Tapdough
Novice

Post by Tapdough » Thu Oct 27, 2022 11:30 pm

Empty wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 11:28 pm
Tapdough wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 11:26 pm Contact the supers and they will advice you further if you wish to make such donation

Not saying it will happen but worth a try :thumbsup: :prayge:
No custom donations for the past like 10 years or so.
I remember about 7 years ago there was a couple

Could of been bro was just lucky at dragons and got good loot :kekw:

Sorazery
Premium Donator

Post by Sorazery » Thu Oct 27, 2022 11:45 pm

Empty wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 11:23 pm
Tapdough wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 11:18 pm First thing that came to mind was a donation

Sure it takes away the whole point of an Iron account but hey, Donations keep the server running
Even if it was a donation, sure that's fine then.
BUT allow everyone else to donate for the exact same thing too then, am i right?
Ironman gamemode is a competition between players soloing an account to be the best in the game, or atleast how i see it and enjoy the gamemode.
therefore I don't find it fair.
no competition am #1

Tapdough
Novice

Post by Tapdough » Thu Oct 27, 2022 11:47 pm

Sorazery wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 11:45 pm
Empty wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 11:23 pm
Tapdough wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 11:18 pm First thing that came to mind was a donation

Sure it takes away the whole point of an Iron account but hey, Donations keep the server running
Even if it was a donation, sure that's fine then.
BUT allow everyone else to donate for the exact same thing too then, am i right?
Ironman gamemode is a competition between players soloing an account to be the best in the game, or atleast how i see it and enjoy the gamemode.
therefore I don't find it fair.
no competition am #1
Money talks

Juntow
Premium Donator

Post by Juntow » Thu Oct 27, 2022 11:48 pm

Sorazery wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 11:45 pm
no competition am #1
let em know
PkHonor's #1 Role Player and Servicer

[Verified] Fast, Efficient, Trusted Services endorsed by former and current PkHonor Staff members (Legally Binding).
⬇ ⬇ ⬇

Rapsey
Sysadmin

Post by Rapsey » Thu Oct 27, 2022 11:55 pm

Yes, I gave someone a bunch of caskets (masters and elites).

Why? Because we're close friends and something terrible happened to him. I can't go into detail because it's not my place to share other people's personal matters. Suffice it to say we're not talking about regular misfortune but the kind of thing you wouldn't wish on anyone. This was something I could do that would cheer him up just a little bit so that's why I did it.

I didn't see any harm in it seeing as it doesn't affect the eco or anyone else, but I must admit I forgot about the rankings. I will adjust those as soon as I am able to.
Why do specific players feel privileged for these kinds of gifts?
Who says anyone felt entitled to this? He didn't ask for it. He didn't even know I was going to do it.
Why isn't every single ironman getting the same amount of elites for free/the lootation of those?
Why should they? If you want to make the case that I shouldn't be allowed to give one player a gift you can try to do so, but I can't promise I will be very receptive to that kind of reasoning.
Secondly, an explanation would be fine in my professional opinion.
These were gifted by an owner which is obviously what they wanted to do and are capable of doing, but atleast provide the community with a reason?
We need way more transparency, if this is something that someone thought the community wouldn't find out, but the spam of 3 magic stones in my game chat? No way that gets past me without me being hesitant about it.
I wasn't trying to keep this a secret, frankly I don't care if people know. If you are suggesting that I should have made some kind of public announcement about giving someone a gift, I disagree. You don't owe anyone transparency about giving someone a gift either. Of course I understand that people have questions and I don't mind explaining in so far as I can.

I also understand that it's different because he's an ironman but what consequences does it really have, aside from making other people jealous?
Lastly. I'm just a regular player "going against" an owner of this RSPS.
There will surely be some consequences which I'm not afraid to face. (I'M A BRAVE MAN KEKW)
What are you talking about? When have there ever been consequences to someone respectfully voicing their opinion?

Fungamer
Developer

Post by Fungamer » Thu Oct 27, 2022 11:57 pm

Rapsey never fucks up with these things, that's what Mike does by giving irons torva back after they lost it to a PKer because both of them removed wildy ditch. :omegalul: Man has a solid reason too. Just an oopsie.

Hope the guy in question is (going to be) alright. :prayge:
Last edited by Fungamer on Thu Oct 27, 2022 11:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mvpranger
Premium Donator

Post by Mvpranger » Thu Oct 27, 2022 11:57 pm

Fungamer
Developer

Post by Fungamer » Thu Oct 27, 2022 11:58 pm

Mvpranger wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 11:57 pm Image
:kekw: :kekw: :kekw:

Tapdough
Novice

Post by Tapdough » Thu Oct 27, 2022 11:59 pm

Rapsey wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 11:55 pm Yes, I gave someone a bunch of caskets (masters and elites).

Why? Because we're close friends and something terrible happened to him. I can't go into detail because it's not my place to share other people's personal matters. Suffice it to say we're not talking about regular misfortune but the kind of thing you wouldn't wish on anyone. This was something I could do that would cheer him up just a little bit so that's why I did it.

I didn't see any harm in it seeing as it doesn't affect the eco or anyone else, but I must admit I forgot about the rankings. I will adjust those as soon as I am able to.
Why do specific players feel privileged for these kinds of gifts?
Who says anyone felt entitled to this? He didn't ask for it. He didn't even know I was going to do it.
Why isn't every single ironman getting the same amount of elites for free/the lootation of those?
Why should they? If you want to make the case that I shouldn't be allowed to give one player a gift you can try to do so, but I can't promise I will be very receptive to that kind of reasoning.
Secondly, an explanation would be fine in my professional opinion.
These were gifted by an owner which is obviously what they wanted to do and are capable of doing, but atleast provide the community with a reason?
We need way more transparency, if this is something that someone thought the community wouldn't find out, but the spam of 3 magic stones in my game chat? No way that gets past me without me being hesitant about it.
I wasn't trying to keep this a secret, frankly I don't care if people know. If you are suggesting that I should have made some kind of public announcement about giving someone a gift, I disagree. You don't owe anyone transparency about giving someone a gift either. Of course I understand that people have questions and I don't mind explaining in so far as I can.

I also understand that it's different because he's an ironman but what consequences does it really have, aside from making other people jealous?
Lastly. I'm just a regular player "going against" an owner of this RSPS.
There will surely be some consequences which I'm not afraid to face. (I'M A BRAVE MAN KEKW)
What are you talking about? When have there ever been consequences to someone respectfully voicing their opinion?
I don't think Rapsey should explain himself - Its his game, Does what he wants

If you feel bad or feel left out then make your own game and do what you want

Don't hate