Boss kills per hour for droprate and morph ring reassessment

Discuss anything and everything about PkHonor.
Thearlygamer
Premium Donator

Re: Boss kills per hour for droprate and morph ring reassessment

Post by Thearlygamer » Sun Jan 23, 2022 2:41 am

I would think the general feel for a boss kill should avg between 30 secs to a minute. I personally loath doing Hydra when a kill takes 2min+ (with bp and chaos comp prior to update) and on OSRS it's such a long kill others hate it too, add that it's 30 kills per hr and you need to avg 500+ kills for a drop it's just too grindy for a RSPS and I don't know the avg kill time after this update but I'm sure someone can find out. If we want certain weapons or attack styles to stand out then we need to test these on different bosses and adjust accordingly, but as I said anything past 1min (maybe a 1min 30sec) would be too long of a kill and just make players think "I can be doing this on OSRS instead".

example: we want stab to be used against corp, make other methods take 5mins+ to kill it (if able to kill it at all), while stab avgs 1min - 1min 30secs.

I don't think tbow should be used over bp everywhere, but we can't make bp useless since it's a starter item vs a tbow is end game. If it takes a min 30 to kill hydra with bp make tbow take 40 secs, small buff, but noticable and won't make hydra grind want to rip your eyes out.

Also while we're trying to get closer to OSRS, can we finally redo the trident so it's a viable weapon for early game players? The cost to use it is so outrages it's basically junk. The cost honestly should be such a minor inconvenience that it's negligble and the only real thing players will need is the zulrah scales for its toxic version.
Being the best player on PkHonor is hard, I just make it look easy

Will be ok2
Premium Donator

Re: Boss kills per hour for droprate and morph ring reassessment

Post by Will be ok2 » Sun Jan 23, 2022 3:12 am

I summarized some things on here.

viewtopic.php?f=73&t=83975