Rare item Christmas sale

All of PkHonor's news will be posted here.
Dds4theko
Premium Donator
Posts: 159
Joined: Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:50 am

Re: Rare item Christmas sale

Post by Dds4theko » Tue Dec 24, 2019 6:36 am

Lieven wrote:
Mon Dec 23, 2019 1:52 pm
Dds4theko wrote:
Mon Dec 23, 2019 1:02 pm
so everyone who worked hard to buy those rares before you decided to release them is just supposed to take the 1t+ lose of value on there rares eh.
No need to prevent hundreds of different players from getting a legends cape just because there's a few wankers who refuse to sell them.

Legends cape is/was an investment. Doesn't mean it's a risk free investment lmfao. It's so funny how some people expect to only see profits on those big items. Mike and Rapsey wont make them worthless but that doesn't mean they're only gonna go up in prices.
The only people who are really upset over this own a legends cape (or were close to finally buying one at an unreasonable price) and are somehow always part of the vocal minority holding back progress out of fear of not being as rich compared to everyone else. Shame on you.
you are correct i would not expect my bank to be cut in half after years of having a few capes without any news then the aprons came out and it was impossible to sell any rare for a decent price and now i know why because they are valuing legends at like 450b in don creds b4 release.

Fungamer
Nuisance
Posts: 9928
Joined: Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:44 pm

Re: Rare item Christmas sale

Post by Fungamer » Tue Dec 24, 2019 7:53 am

Dds4theko wrote:
Tue Dec 24, 2019 6:36 am
Lieven wrote:
Mon Dec 23, 2019 1:52 pm
Dds4theko wrote:
Mon Dec 23, 2019 1:02 pm
so everyone who worked hard to buy those rares before you decided to release them is just supposed to take the 1t+ lose of value on there rares eh.
No need to prevent hundreds of different players from getting a legends cape just because there's a few wankers who refuse to sell them.

Legends cape is/was an investment. Doesn't mean it's a risk free investment lmfao. It's so funny how some people expect to only see profits on those big items. Mike and Rapsey wont make them worthless but that doesn't mean they're only gonna go up in prices.
The only people who are really upset over this own a legends cape (or were close to finally buying one at an unreasonable price) and are somehow always part of the vocal minority holding back progress out of fear of not being as rich compared to everyone else. Shame on you.
you are correct i would not expect my bank to be cut in half after years of having a few capes without any news then the aprons came out and it was impossible to sell any rare for a decent price and now i know why because they are valuing legends at like 450b in don creds b4 release.
Thats what you get for sitting on rares and refusing to trade them for reasonable prices. Maybe if you and the other cape owners traded them more often, Rapsey would've seen they're in circulation and the community wouldn't want a larger supply of them to begin with.

This is good for the eco. We don't need ridiculously priced items and if legends crashes with a couple hundred bil then so be it. It's also good for the community, since no one was able to obtain them. This is also good for the server in general. Unless you want PKH to be hosted in a 12 year old kids backyard in India, hosting and maintaining the server costs money.

I get why you'd be pissed, you lost a few hundred bills. The explanation is there as to why it happened. You can either accept it and move on, or you can be a pain in the ass for most people and whine about it even though nothing will change.

It's not as if you're now unable to play the game decently lmao. You likely have enough wealth left to get 3 more ench comp accounts and a couple of deaths. You can buy any rare, any fashionscape item and any armour set and weapons. You can probably even afford to get an account serviced from lvl 3 to 46b xp.
What are you missing out on, aside from a bigger number being displayed when you do ::wealth? Or is it the real world value dropping that's really upsetting you? =)

FYI there were talks about legends being released on this thread. It's a public forum where anyone can read it. Should serve as enough warning beforehand. Not my, or anyone elses problem you were bad at playing your own "wallstreet-PKH-investment-hedgefund" game :P
I am currently being tortured physically, mentally and spiritually by Rapsey. I face this abuse so you do not have to receive it. I am dying inside for your sins.

Taylor gang
Premium Donator
Posts: 72
Joined: Sun Jun 02, 2019 1:33 am

Re: Rare item Christmas sale

Post by Taylor gang » Tue Dec 24, 2019 3:22 pm

Looks likes Lieven is trying to suck nuts for mod once again. Regardless of my opinion or your opinion Lieven you don’t care because you could never afford items like this. I don’t think it’s right to fuck over the people who have played your game for the longest times. That’s just my opinion. Release NEW rares that people are interested in.. don’t want minimal new rares in game make it unlimited amount to be bought.. regardless they will still be getting their money. People are more interested in a new items in game than ones that already are.. in my opinion it should have been polled as to where we release these items or one brand new item for 100k credits.

Fungamer
Nuisance
Posts: 9928
Joined: Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:44 pm

Re: Rare item Christmas sale

Post by Fungamer » Tue Dec 24, 2019 4:03 pm

Taylor gang wrote:
Tue Dec 24, 2019 3:22 pm
Looks likes Lieven is trying to suck nuts for mod once again. Regardless of my opinion or your opinion Lieven you don’t care because you could never afford items like this. I don’t think it’s right to fuck over the people who have played your game for the longest times. That’s just my opinion. Release NEW rares that people are interested in.. don’t want minimal new rares in game make it unlimited amount to be bought.. regardless they will still be getting their money. People are more interested in a new items in game than ones that already are.. in my opinion it should have been polled as to where we release these items or one brand new item for 100k credits.
I'd be surprised if I got mod by not being active ingame and calling idiots out on their BS

New rares are good. Releasing current rares in limited batches is good too. Why not both?
I am currently being tortured physically, mentally and spiritually by Rapsey. I face this abuse so you do not have to receive it. I am dying inside for your sins.

Taylor gang
Premium Donator
Posts: 72
Joined: Sun Jun 02, 2019 1:33 am

Re: Rare item Christmas sale

Post by Taylor gang » Tue Dec 24, 2019 4:16 pm

My only thing is it’s not only a few 100b cole alone lost over 4-5t on the legends/grain/wooden release. Lol for someone who’s never staked and only pvm/marched that’s a huge amount to lose. Especially when Rapsey talked about the status quo and keeping the peace...

User avatar
Iron adam
Honor Player
Posts: 9622
Joined: Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:07 am
Location: Monys
Contact:

Re: Rare item Christmas sale

Post by Iron adam » Tue Dec 24, 2019 4:19 pm

eat the rich
I fucking love Thoby..

#OSRSPathing2020

User avatar
Rapsey
Sysadmin
Posts: 4503
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:00 am
Location: Belgium

Re: Rare item Christmas sale

Post by Rapsey » Tue Dec 24, 2019 6:34 pm

I think this loss of wealth is both exaggerated and premature.

What you're really saying is: if I were to sell my legends today, at the worst possible moment to sell one, I would get way less than if I had sold it 2 weeks ago (arguably the best time to sell one). Yes, obviously that's true. As long as the sale is ongoing you can't merch them. No one will pay you more if they can buy it cheaper in the store. But after sitting on it for so long, why on eatth would you choose this moment to sell it?

Just wait until the sale has ended. Remember grains? We sold 10 of those for 45K credits each during May, and in July they were already being traded for 750-900B. I can't guarantee the same will happen for legends but I don't think you can judge the impact on prices until after the sale has ended. Right now there's a hard limit to how much you can ask since the store is still selling a few. When those are gone, everyone who bought a new legends will want to make a hefty profit on it so if they sell it they will ask way more than it cost in the shore.

The other thing is that an asking price is not the same as the value of the item.

These rares in general (and legends in particular) are the one thing no one ever wants to sell. It's the perfect golden egg to sit on. Nothing in the game makes your wealth go up except for these things. The only reason you'd ever want to sell one is if you really needed the money, and even then you'd probably try every other way to get that money before selling the golden egg you might never be able to get back. So the people who have them don't want to sell, but they do want the value to keep going up (that's the whole point) so they just keep increasing their asking price to stay well above what people are prepared to offer them.

So when people are offering you 1T for your legends, you can just say you won't sell for less than 3T. Fast-forward a year or two. Now people are used to the idea that they're gonna have to pay 3T just to get one, which means they are also starting to think of the item as being worth 3T. After all no one is selling for less so if I buy one I should be able to ask 3T+ if I want to sell it again. Cool. So then you say: actually now I want 5T. And on and on it goes. You can keep raising the bar like that without a single legends ever changing hands or anyone ever paying that amount of money for it. You can do that because none of the other legends cape owners want to sell theirs either. There's no competition, no one to stop you from jacking up the prices by selling cheaper than you. They all just want the same thing you do: for its value to go up while keeping those capes safe inside their banks.

If you're mad at us for not letting that continue forever, fair enough. I think it's actually better for the game to get these things circulating again and have proper price dynamics than to have 5-10 people colluding never to sell but keep raising the asking price and with it their collective bank value.

One final point of irony is that you have us to thank for creating this wonderful situation where no one sells and so everyone can keep raising prices (because no one is undercutting them). Over the past few years we have removed ~100 legends capes from the game through bans. We could've (and probably should've) reintroduced them right away to keep the amount of legends in the game steady. But we didn't, and that's why we're now in a situation where a handful of players can simply dictate the value of their own banks.

If we hadn't done anything I wouldn't be surprised if the "asking price" for a legends cape was 100T in 10 years. (read: actually it's not for sale and if you offer me 100T that just means I can ask even more and be even richer just by asking more)

On the bright side, now that we're selling these (however rarely) we have a vested interest in making sure they remain a great investment. So while you may not be able to double it's value every 1-2 years anymore you can still be fairly confident they will continue to go up.

User avatar
Iron adam
Honor Player
Posts: 9622
Joined: Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:07 am
Location: Monys
Contact:

Re: Rare item Christmas sale

Post by Iron adam » Tue Dec 24, 2019 6:41 pm

Has a single legends cape even been sold from player to player within the past 2 years? I have never actually seen someone that actually bought one in this 1t+ price range
I fucking love Thoby..

#OSRSPathing2020

Pvm porn
Moderator
Posts: 609
Joined: Sun Dec 30, 2018 2:50 am

Re: Rare item Christmas sale

Post by Pvm porn » Tue Dec 24, 2019 6:47 pm

Iron adam wrote:
Tue Dec 24, 2019 6:41 pm
Has a single legends cape even been sold from player to player within the past 2 years? I have never actually seen someone that actually bought one in this 1t+ price range
Pretty sure one of those 6-month-trillionaire stakers paid a ridiculous price for one (that very well could be incorrect but I’m pretty sure), at the very least I know that was the case for a grain sold a while back, which kind of just feeds into Rapsey’s point
Image

Taylor gang
Premium Donator
Posts: 72
Joined: Sun Jun 02, 2019 1:33 am

Re: Rare item Christmas sale

Post by Taylor gang » Tue Dec 24, 2019 6:52 pm

Rapsey wrote:
Tue Dec 24, 2019 6:34 pm
I think this loss of wealth is both exaggerated and premature.

What you're really saying is: if I were to sell my legends today, at the worst possible moment to sell one, I would get way less than if I had sold it 2 weeks ago (arguably the best time to sell one). Yes, obviously that's true. As long as the sale is ongoing you can't merch them. No one will pay you more if they can buy it cheaper in the store. But after sitting on it for so long, why on eatth would you choose this moment to sell it?

Just wait until the sale has ended. Remember grains? We sold 10 of those for 45K credits each during May, and in July they were already being traded for 750-900B. I can't guarantee the same will happen for legends but I don't think you can judge the impact on prices until after the sale has ended. Right now there's a hard limit to how much you can ask since the store is still selling a few. When those are gone, everyone who bought a new legends will want to make a hefty profit on it so if they sell it they will ask way more than it cost in the shore.

The other thing is that an asking price is not the same as the value of the item.

These rares in general (and legends in particular) are the one thing no one ever wants to sell. It's the perfect golden egg to sit on. Nothing in the game makes your wealth go up except for these things. The only reason you'd ever want to sell one is if you really needed the money, and even then you'd probably try every other way to get that money before selling the golden egg you might never be able to get back. So the people who have them don't want to sell, but they do want the value to keep going up (that's the whole point) so they just keep increasing their asking price to stay well above what people are prepared to offer them.

So when people are offering you 1T for your legends, you can just say you won't sell for less than 3T. Fast-forward a year or two. Now people are used to the idea that they're gonna have to pay 3T just to get one, which means they are also starting to think of the item as being worth 3T. After all no one is selling for less so if I buy one I should be able to ask 3T+ if I want to sell it again. Cool. So then you say: actually now I want 5T. And on and on it goes. You can keep raising the bar like that without a single legends ever changing hands or anyone ever paying that amount of money for it. You can do that because none of the other legends cape owners want to sell theirs either. There's no competition, no one to stop you from jacking up the prices by selling cheaper than you. They all just want the same thing you do: for its value to go up while keeping those capes safe inside their banks.

If you're mad at us for not letting that continue forever, fair enough. I think it's actually better for the game to get these things circulating again and have proper price dynamics than to have 5-10 people colluding never to sell but keep raising the asking price and with it their collective bank value.

One final point of irony is that you have us to thank for creating this wonderful situation where no one sells and so everyone can keep raising prices (because no one is undercutting them). Over the past few years we have removed ~100 legends capes from the game through bans. We could've (and probably should've) reintroduced them right away to keep the amount of legends in the game steady. But we didn't, and that's why we're now in a situation where a handful of players can simply dictate the value of their own banks.

If we hadn't done anything I wouldn't be surprised if the "asking price" for a legends cape was 100T in 10 years. (read: actually it's not for sale and if you offer me 100T that just means I can ask even more and be even richer just by asking more)

On the bright side, now that we're selling these (however rarely) we have a vested interest in making sure they remain a great investment. So while you may not be able to double it's value every 1-2 years anymore you can still be fairly confident they will continue to go up.
The concept of it is putting them in the shop valued at 650b on contrary of the 3-5t price tag they are at. Yes they will most likely remain around 1t. But it’s still a loss when he has 3 of them.

Post Reply