Dying @ Zulrah

Let yourself be heard in our official polls!

What should happen with lost items when dying at Zulrah?

Drop on the island with a high timeout (like 20 minutes)
5
5%
Drop near the boat (where the priestess is found on OSRS) with a high timeout (like 20 mins)
56
62%
Add the priestess just like it is in OSRS, who holds onto all lost items until you die another time (takes time to code)
30
33%
 
Total votes: 91

User avatar
Jonas
Head Wiki Editor
Posts: 4897
Joined: Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:50 pm
Location: Lithuania.

Re: Dying @ Zulrah

Post by Jonas » Tue May 09, 2017 8:51 pm

R3v k1ller wrote:
Rapsey wrote:I think it's worth pointing out that this solution is still somewhat prone to abuse. In essence it's just the Priestess with a 20 minute timer, so it's a bank you can use for 20 minutes. It's not much but that might be enough for UIM players to offload some valuables while they go do something dangerous, like a clue in the Wilderness. This could easily be countered further by reducing the timer to ~5 minutes and/or making the loot disappear if you die again.
I like the idea of 5 min timer, what somebody posted earlier it sounds like getting to Zulrah takes about 60 seconds. Plenty of time to get stuff back in 5 mins. 20 minutes means there's no risk to this unless you dc. Any pvm should have some risk imo.
20 minutes means there's no risk you say unless you dc, so you think 5 mins would be better lol? That's more of a reason to keep it at 20 to counter dcing issues.
Image

R3v k1ller
Premium Donator
Posts: 392
Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:38 pm

Re: Dying @ Zulrah

Post by R3v k1ller » Tue May 09, 2017 8:57 pm

Jonas wrote:
R3v k1ller wrote:
Rapsey wrote:I think it's worth pointing out that this solution is still somewhat prone to abuse. In essence it's just the Priestess with a 20 minute timer, so it's a bank you can use for 20 minutes. It's not much but that might be enough for UIM players to offload some valuables while they go do something dangerous, like a clue in the Wilderness. This could easily be countered further by reducing the timer to ~5 minutes and/or making the loot disappear if you die again.
I like the idea of 5 min timer, what somebody posted earlier it sounds like getting to Zulrah takes about 60 seconds. Plenty of time to get stuff back in 5 mins. 20 minutes means there's no risk to this unless you dc. Any pvm should have some risk imo.
20 minutes means there's no risk you say unless you dc, so you think 5 mins would be better lol? That's more of a reason to keep it at 20 to counter dcing issues.
Then let's just keep items on death..the point of losing items is because there should be some risk. If nobody could lose items ever..the game would get boring.
Image

User avatar
Iron adam
Honor Player
Posts: 8797
Joined: Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:07 am
Location: Middle Earth

Re: Dying @ Zulrah

Post by Iron adam » Tue May 09, 2017 9:03 pm

R3v k1ller wrote:Then let's just keep items on death..the point of losing items is because there should be some risk. If nobody could lose items ever..the game would get boring.
This is a good point. Also eliminates any issues with UIM's using it to bank.

User avatar
Treehugger
Premium Donator
Posts: 4387
Joined: Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:56 pm

Re: Dying @ Zulrah

Post by Treehugger » Tue May 09, 2017 10:02 pm

Adamthalion wrote:
R3v k1ller wrote:Then let's just keep items on death..the point of losing items is because there should be some risk. If nobody could lose items ever..the game would get boring.
This is a good point. Also eliminates any issues with UIM's using it to bank.
Seriously don't know why no one said that earlier. Just make it a 'safe' boss. That terminology might trigger a few people, but that's essentially how it is on osrs.
Last edited by Treehugger on Tue May 09, 2017 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image
Image

User avatar
Jonas
Head Wiki Editor
Posts: 4897
Joined: Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:50 pm
Location: Lithuania.

Re: Dying @ Zulrah

Post by Jonas » Tue May 09, 2017 10:05 pm

R3v k1ller wrote: Then let's just keep items on death..the point of losing items is because there should be some risk. If nobody could lose items ever..the game would get boring.
Mb, nvm, didn't think it through, made that statement spontaneously.
Image

User avatar
Andres
Developer
Posts: 4809
Joined: Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:23 pm
Location: Belgium

Re: Dying @ Zulrah

Post by Andres » Tue May 09, 2017 10:36 pm

Tbh : you're a noob if you die @ Zulrah, but that's just my opinion tho.
:badjokeeel:
Image

User avatar
Iron bubble
Premium Donator
Posts: 1169
Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2015 5:12 am
Location: Nowhere

Re: Dying @ Zulrah

Post by Iron bubble » Tue May 09, 2017 10:59 pm

Andres wrote:Tbh : you're a noob if you die @ Zulrah, but that's just my opinion tho.
:badjokeeel:
Are you making it that easy
Image
Roasted by King Roald...

Sir Bubbles

Iron bubble

Not motti
Addict
Posts: 3833
Joined: Sun May 11, 2014 4:14 pm
Location: not here

Re: Dying @ Zulrah

Post by Not motti » Tue May 09, 2017 11:04 pm

Exact the same as osrs, or harder
Image

User avatar
Treehugger
Premium Donator
Posts: 4387
Joined: Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:56 pm

Re: Dying @ Zulrah

Post by Treehugger » Wed May 10, 2017 12:16 am

Fat goat wrote:Exact the same as osrs, or harder
^
Make it accurate af because we have op gear. If you fuck up on prayers you deserve to die
Image
Image

User avatar
Iron adam
Honor Player
Posts: 8797
Joined: Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:07 am
Location: Middle Earth

Re: Dying @ Zulrah

Post by Iron adam » Wed May 10, 2017 12:51 am

James wrote:
Fat goat wrote:Exact the same as osrs, or harder
^
Make it accurate af because we have op gear. If you fuck up on prayers you deserve to die
I can already hear the yells. mage phase hitting 40 40 40 range

Locked