client wont run after update

Having a problem on the server? Post it here.
Eastereggs

client wont run after update

Post by Eastereggs » Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:35 pm

https://ibb.co/RYMz992
wont open for the life of me. deleted the folder. tried to down load the zip client and cant get that to open. there's nowhere to click to open it after extracting it. so i don't know anymore. help please.

Markymark
Premium Donator

Re: client wont run after update

Post by Markymark » Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:48 pm

I think this is a client issue, C 2 God had a client issue that caused him to login in and out instantly over and over. All along it was a client error, Raj sends you the code and you copy and paste to your client. This is a different problem though, but it might be enough to work?

Eastereggs

Post by Eastereggs » Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:50 pm

hope so because i can't get anything to work

Raj
Developer

Post by Raj » Sun Apr 14, 2024 11:05 pm

Can you try running it from the command line and post the output here

Eastereggs

Post by Eastereggs » Sun Apr 14, 2024 11:12 pm

i tried running it from the folder - got same result. then tried to run it as administrator and got this result https://ibb.co/VCZLtDD - i have already downloaded and installed java again.

Eastereggs

Post by Eastereggs » Sun Apr 14, 2024 11:19 pm

not sure if this helps but i got this picture as the client loads up https://ibb.co/sg35qYY it's never said that before. the client also acts like it loads then comes to that screen where it tells me things to do to fix the problem. not sure if that info helps at all either.

Raj
Developer

Post by Raj » Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:36 am

We got flagged as a false positive by Microsoft, either because we created a thread to load prices in the main client class, or because I used 69420 as junk data at the end of a file. Whichever thing it was, it seems to be fixed, but redownload your client, and let me know if it is.

Mike
Programmer

Post by Mike » Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:41 am

It looks like Microsoft is using Artificial Intelligence these days looking for certain patterns to detect and remove viruses that are not yet known by their developers. Good in theory, but in practice it means it turns up a lot of false positives as well. Today, our client has become victim of one of these false positives. I tested the client against VirusTotal (https://www.virustotal.com), which told me that every single Antivirus considered our client safe, except for Microsoft.

Thankfully, changing around a few lines of code stopped Microsoft from flagging it as a potential threat and is no longer removing the files as of now. If you rerun the installer, everything should now hopefully run fine.

Just to be clear: our client does not contain, nor has it ever contained, any kind of malware, spyware, trojan or virus. If you ever doubt about the safety of our client, feel free to run it against any kind of freely available online virusscanners. Both Rapsey and myself, whom both of us have a degree in computer science with a specialization in system administration, put a very high priority on safety and security.
The biggest downside of our strict safety protocols is that our developers do not currently have the power they need to release updates on their own, but the upside is that we have been free of any kind of malware for as long as we have existed (which sadly can't be said of several of our competitors).

Eastereggs

Post by Eastereggs » Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:47 am

so now im getting a new error which is this https://ibb.co/nj43CGt i deleted the file 2 times and downloaded it and installed it. also restarted my computer. also its me aragorn2rule - i def trust this server the most as ive never been hacked or had my info leaked. <3 love u guys for that

Mike
Programmer

Post by Mike » Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:52 am

Darn. Can you try to run the file "Play PkHonor (with black screen).bat" and posting a screenshot of the output? You'll find it in C:\Users\yourusername\Documents\My Games\PkHonor.