Goodbye Roddy

Discuss anything and everything about PkHonor.
Grizzly mint
Premium Donator

Re: Goodbye Roddy

Post by Grizzly mint » Wed Apr 10, 2024 9:52 am

RIP buddy, you will be missed.

Jonas
Fanatic

Post by Jonas » Wed Apr 10, 2024 10:01 am

It is always surreal when a person on PKH passes away. Rest in peace, I didn't know you, but reading the thread showed me that you were a legend. And legends never die. Condolences to the family.

Nazuths
Developer

Post by Nazuths » Wed Apr 10, 2024 10:16 am

It's a really tough reality to accept, Roddy, my buddy, my partner in crime, the one who would spam my PMs with either the new car he's going to buy, or the fact he just won 5B staking, but also the one who would PM me asking how I'm doing, what's going on, how things went, how others are doing, asking if he can do anything for me. The person who brought together a bunch of PkHonorians into a clan, which turned into family.

I got to know you in 2020, we argued, as you so much loved to do with Staff members. It didn't take too long for us to have a good conversation and get to know each other better. You showed me the person behind the yells, which would regularly get you in trouble. You have no idea how often I've defended your character, to prove to people that what they see, and who you are, were not the same, they just had to get to know you better! And many of them did, and many of them can attest to what I'm saying is true. There really was no harm to the person you were, you cared a lot for the people you loved. You were engaged with the people you cared for, you brought energy and enthusiasm to the people around you. And you were selfless to the core. Facilitating other people with laughs and making sure everyone was okay, is what made you feel good.

I'm gonna fucking miss you constantly bugging me. I'm gonna fucking miss the outrageous things you used to say. I'm gonna fucking miss all the crazy, unbelievable stories, that turned out to be true. But most importantly, I'm gonna fucking miss your love, and care that you had for the cc, your friends and especially me. You truly were one of my besties. My homie. It is unfathomable that you're no longer with us. All the things we've been through over the course of 4 years. It's been a pleasure to have called you my friend.

A lot has been said about who you were as a person, and there's a lot more to be said, words will never be able to fully encompass the uniqueness of your character. There's a million anecdotes to be told, and we will, we will appreciate and reminisce all the good things, funny things, inappropriate things you've brought to us.

I'm glad you've lived your life the way you had. Not a day went by where you wouldn't do whatever the fuck you so much pleased doing.

The struggles are now over and I hope you're in a better place now, and your mind is at peace, I will forever remember you and cherish the moments we shared.

My love goes out to all the people who have got to know the same Roddy I have, to his family and close friends.

I love you lil Rodson. <3

Thierryu1
Premium Donator

Post by Thierryu1 » Wed Apr 10, 2024 10:46 am

I never liked the guy but this is still truly sad news.
Rest in peace man.

Mike
Programmer

Post by Mike » Wed Apr 10, 2024 1:08 pm

I can't say I ever knew him personally, but it's sad to see yet another valued member of our community go. I wish all the luck and strength to the loved ones he left behind.

Akuizm
Premium Donator

Post by Akuizm » Wed Apr 10, 2024 1:13 pm

Dear, Brendan (aka Roddy) (aka Dragmetohell) (aka all your lost hcim to dust devils)

My first impressions of you weren't that great tbh. You always starting shit on yell or telling naked people in wildy to "sit". I thought you we're really weird or it just had to be satire. Upon joining your cc I learned that you just got off on making people mad and I always thought that was funny af. You were really just a nice guy who had fun banter even with people you didn't know. I'll always remember that one night you and I were the only ones in cc and revs was flooded. So you and I in vc and on multiple accounts cleared out so many people. It was probably the most fun I had pking because we were at such a disadvantage. I'll never forget you bugging me damn near every day about watching your favorite show Suits. When I finally caved and binged watched the whole thing you were so happy. I'll never forget the times I would log and get a pm from a HCIM I've never heard of saying "Hey, it's Roddy. This is my new HCIM". I'll miss making fun of all your dead hardcores. Who am I going to bully about their 100s of dead hardcores now? I love how when I would take long breaks from the game we could talk like no time has passed. Even when I left your cc you would message me whats up or ask how I was doing. You even asked me to come back and that there would always be a spot for me. I will always appreciate the way you kept in contact with me when others didn't, it means more to me than anything.

You had a heart of gold. One of the nicest people on this game. I'll miss talking to you and all the crazy nights we had. I hope you're in a better place. Pkhonor truly lost a good one. There will never be another one like you. Lost but never forgotten. Your legacy and all you've done will not go unnoted.

Your friend, Aku

Monys
Forum Addict

Post by Monys » Wed Apr 10, 2024 3:24 pm

One of the most unique individuals I have ever had the pleasure to meet.

Rest in Peace, brother

Remember to ::vote for "Mony" ingame

Proud member of PkHonor

Longbone2k17
Premium Donator

Post by Longbone2k17 » Wed Apr 10, 2024 5:32 pm

had a lot of fun shit talking w roddy. another local legend gone to soon.

Hunkofman
Senior Moderator

Post by Hunkofman » Wed Apr 10, 2024 6:23 pm

Nazuths wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 10:16 am It's a really tough reality to accept, Roddy, my buddy, my partner in crime, the one who would spam my PMs with either the new car he's going to buy, or the fact he just won 5B staking, but also the one who would PM me asking how I'm doing, what's going on, how things went, how others are doing, asking if he can do anything for me. The person who brought together a bunch of PkHonorians into a clan, which turned into family.

I got to know you in 2020, we argued, as you so much loved to do with Staff members. It didn't take too long for us to have a good conversation and get to know each other better. You showed me the person behind the yells, which would regularly get you in trouble. You have no idea how often I've defended your character, to prove to people that what they see, and who you are, were not the same, they just had to get to know you better! And many of them did, and many of them can attest to what I'm saying is true. There really was no harm to the person you were, you cared a lot for the people you loved. You were engaged with the people you cared for, you brought energy and enthusiasm to the people around you. And you were selfless to the core. Facilitating other people with laughs and making sure everyone was okay, is what made you feel good.

I'm gonna fucking miss you constantly bugging me. I'm gonna fucking miss the outrageous things you used to say. I'm gonna fucking miss all the crazy, unbelievable stories, that turned out to be true. But most importantly, I'm gonna fucking miss your love, and care that you had for the cc, your friends and especially me. You truly were one of my besties. My homie. It is unfathomable that you're no longer with us. All the things we've been through over the course of 4 years. It's been a pleasure to have called you my friend.

A lot has been said about who you were as a person, and there's a lot more to be said, words will never be able to fully encompass the uniqueness of your character. There's a million anecdotes to be told, and we will, we will appreciate and reminisce all the good things, funny things, inappropriate things you've brought to us.

I'm glad you've lived your life the way you had. Not a day went by where you wouldn't do whatever the fuck you so much pleased doing.

The struggles are now over and I hope you're in a better place now, and your mind is at peace, I will forever remember you and cherish the moments we shared.

My love goes out to all the people who have got to know the same Roddy I have, to his family and close friends.

Couldn’t have said this any better brother.

Hc kassa

Post by Hc kassa » Wed Apr 10, 2024 6:34 pm

Hunkofman wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 6:23 pm
Nazuths wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 10:16 am It's a really tough reality to accept, Roddy, my buddy, my partner in crime, the one who would spam my PMs with either the new car he's going to buy, or the fact he just won 5B staking, but also the one who would PM me asking how I'm doing, what's going on, how things went, how others are doing, asking if he can do anything for me. The person who brought together a bunch of PkHonorians into a clan, which turned into family.

Couldn’t have said this any better brother.
I agree on that.

Rip Roddy, you will never be forgotten.