Regarding This Server

Discuss anything and everything about PkHonor.
Nil to trill
One Hit Wonder

Regarding This Server

Post by Nil to trill » Mon Apr 08, 2024 2:18 am

I love PKhonor I've played across several accounts for thousands of hours and I've come to learn a few things. That even through my enjoyment of the server its incredibly difficult to look past some issues and continue to play the server. I feel like almost all players are complacent with these very issues. 1. There is no access into the wildy. and before you go and say well its the wild! of course you're gonna die. No other server has this issue quite like this server does. It's all run by 1 clan chat, and its not like you can hop to a different world or something but they have alts and accounts at every wild level and combat level to pk. I dont have a solution to this problem but there is events that only they get access to. Almost like these events are tailored specifically for that cc to pad their pockets and never end up broke even if they go stake all day and get cleaned they can go kill revs for a few hours undisturbed and make it all back. I think its a conflict of interest for a dev and mods to be in said clan. The High Risk High Reward of the wildy is nullified because there is no reward at all unless youre a part of this clan. Not to mention the ticks for pking on this server are completely different from other servers/the real game. So you cant just join as a new player and expect to go be good as good at pking as you are elsewhere you have to get used to weirdness that it is. 2. The toxicity from this same clan spills over into all other aspects of the game. Whether staking, pvming, or even using yell, they always have remarks. The server can not grow or prosper like this. I've decided to stop my series out of distaste for the current state of this server. Already prepared for the negative responses to this post so bring them on.

Iron adam
Event Coordinator

Re: Regarding This Server

Post by Iron adam » Mon Apr 08, 2024 2:25 am

Nil to trill wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 2:18 am Almost like these events are tailored specifically for that cc to pad their pockets and never end up broke even if they go stake all day and get cleaned they can go kill revs for a few hours undisturbed and make it all back. I think its a conflict of interest for a dev and mods to be in said clan.
For the record, I am the one who decides on events and rewards. I try not to do too many wildy events because like you said, only 1 clan actually gets to participate.

Otherwise I think you are right on about everything. The current state of pkhonor and the role of the wilderness in it needs to change.

I addressed some of the main issues surrounding the wilderness on my post here: viewtopic.php?t=87424
Iron adam wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 7:20 pm
  • Address the wilderness situation. A single clan should not be able to completely ruin the gameplay for the rest of the server. We need either more wilderness heights or to stop forcing players into the wilderness for mid/endgame content. The wilderness should be high risk/ high reward, without being a requirement. Example: Preserve should not be locked behind Scorpia. This essentially means all HCIM can not get a max cape unless they pay for wilderness protection. Preserve should be obtainable from another source outside of the wilderness. Scorpia can still be the best drop rate for it.

Chlor
Premium Donator

Post by Chlor » Mon Apr 08, 2024 2:26 am

Rule 10 is a complete joke.

Even while going for comp people in roddy have refused to fight me because they know it will help with completion. Whenever I did teleport to targets in their cc, they will off you on the target account and try to fight you on randoms thus nullifying the ability to complete an achievement.

This is to continue the need to pay for the service to be boosted by their cc members. All while moderators loyal to their cc attempt to police people such as myself legitimately fighting whoever else they can find claiming that you are boosting.

If rampant corruption is going to be this prevalent, at least update the rules to not reflect reality so ironically.

Will be ok2
Premium Donator

Post by Will be ok2 » Mon Apr 08, 2024 3:06 am

i personally think the server faces a lot larger issues right now, i agree mainly with Adam's take on it.

Devils advocate now, the wilderness isn't a safe spot, it shouldn't be a walk in the park for anyone, of course a pvp cc will have the upper hand esp on such a small community server, however, that doesn't mean they get to decide on who's allowed in there or not. I've personally done alot of pvm within the wilderness as of recently without getting pk'd. I also placed within the top 10 for the WW event a week or two agoe. (got pk'd prob 50x but still put in effort to get it done)

Yes there should be change, but no it's not game breaking or ruining IMO.

Akuizm
Premium Donator

Post by Akuizm » Mon Apr 08, 2024 4:10 am

it's honestly just a skill issue. I've been out of roddy cc for over a year and haven't had any trouble doing wildy stuff. There's so many ways around to doing wildy stuff. I would give u my strats but they would just fix it. The best advice i would give is to just add all of their mains to see when they are online. Most of them don't pk alone so if there's only a couple of them online the wildy will most likely be free. TURN OFF BH. Can't give any more advice than that tho. Also if you can't beat em then join em.
There really is no fix for it since there is only 1 pk cc and they accept most. I left because it got boring pking pvmers. There was no more wars. Most of the wars i started was just using bait accs for rivaling pk ccs. :prayge:

Lykos
Premium Donator

Post by Lykos » Mon Apr 08, 2024 4:32 am

Wrote a lot at first but deleted it, no point in arguing or reaching any reasoning with the same people who wanted to argue that bug abuse in the wild should not be punishable because "the wild has no rules so we should get away with anything"

Just implement some sort of rule for spawn camping and back-to-back killing and move on. Internal cooldown of 30 minutes or something for those who don't have BH on.
THE DISCONTINUED-DRIVEN RUNESCAPE PRIVATE SERVER

Rest In Peace Lieven

The underdog
Premium Donator

Post by The underdog » Mon Apr 08, 2024 5:49 pm

Iron adam wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 2:25 am For the record, I am the one who decides on events and rewards. I try not to do too many wildy events because like you said, only 1 clan actually gets to participate.
Event coordinator bringing down opposing clan on purpose?

Rigged by rigours fr
#Justice4Church
#DemoteRyanHeResigned
#capes2presets2k18

Dismayed
Premium Donator

Post by Dismayed » Mon Apr 08, 2024 6:31 pm

Yawn.... Which time is this? 5-6 at least? Probably more since I've been a part of this server. I've been on both of sides of it as I've only been in RoddyCC for about a year now.

This is one of the most painful and taxing threads to read every time they come out. The same kids who yell all day that the wilderness is free and our CC is trash etc etc. But, when you're farmed and killed its time to cry on the forums that wilderness needs to be reformed and we're so toxic because you died and wanted to bitch about it.

Zero point to blame one clan, because there is no competition and if there was, surely things would be different. We don't control who decides to fight back and who doesn't. The Wilderness is a PVP zone, so those who enjoy PVP will do just that and utilize the ability to PVP. The notion that all we do is aim to fight PVMers and ruin their time playing is also dumb, because I can recall clearly @Will be ok2 dying last week at chins trying to protect his HCIM. Everyone dies, not just PVMers.

Clearly, the bitching and moaning every 3-4 months is just exhausting. I can't agree with moving some of the drops as well. If you want to grind a HCIM, surely there is required risks you must take to achieve that. As most of the bosses are easy anyways, wheres the risk in a HCIM if you never have to step into harms way.

Time to nut up and move on with this same deadbeat argument about PKers lol. I see other people make it just fine, you can too. Also, we don't nearly have the most members and definitely don't accept everyone. PVM Kings is twice our size, it's about will and effort fellas. Something you clearly do not possess.

Have a great day, you can PM @Nazuths for a new box of fucking tissues.

Lykos
Premium Donator

Post by Lykos » Mon Apr 08, 2024 8:21 pm

Dismayed wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 6:31 pm Yawn....
Dismayed wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 6:31 pm Which time is this? 5-6 at least?
Dismayed wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 6:31 pm same kids
Dismayed wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 6:31 pm bitching and moaning
Dismayed wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 6:31 pm Time to nut up and move on
Dismayed wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 6:31 pm you can PM @Nazuths for a new box of fucking tissues.
THE DISCONTINUED-DRIVEN RUNESCAPE PRIVATE SERVER

Rest In Peace Lieven

Elon musky
Premium Donator

Post by Elon musky » Mon Apr 08, 2024 8:30 pm

I understand your frustration. Just want to point out a few important things to you.

1. Although you are using the right means to express your opinion and frustrations, one of the servers biggest flaws in growth is that the forums discussions do not correctly represent the thoughts of the players. This is a place where the loudest mouths get heard. Therefore if you want to see some changes, you have to help convince those who play the game without using the forums to bring the discussion outside of the server, and onto the forums. Because we have tried to convince the development team to bring these forums discussions to the client via polling booths but it doesn’t seem high on the priority list.

2. I agree that there needs to be less wilderness content to progress. But again, the loudest voices don’t support less wilderness alternative content for progression, because they won’t have people to kill anymore. Adam makes a great point that the wilderness should be separated better from main stream progression.

It seems to be the case that every HCIM that has completed the wilderness diariesand achieved the completionist cape have either been a member of the Pk clan, or they were serviced by the clan. The loudest voices will say something like “It’s because everyone sucks and we are the best”, but I tend to think it has more to do with the improper power balance between PVM gear/PvP gear and mechanics that exist on this server, that don’t exist in the actual game or similar servers.

To be clear, this isn’t a clan problem. This is a development planning problem, and it is low on their priority list.