Regarding This Server

Discuss anything and everything about PkHonor.
Chlor
Premium Donator

Re: Regarding This Server

Post by Chlor » Mon Apr 08, 2024 11:13 pm

Dismayed wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 6:31 pm We don't control who decides to fight back and who doesn't.
okay.png

To be clear, I'm not upset about people not being able to PvM freely in wild. If that were the case I would have been crying months ago while doing PvM wildy achievs. The issue I have is that in order to accomplish PvP achievements you must tailor fights in order for it to even be possible, without it being considered bOoStInG. Take the ranged achievement for example, do we really think the ranged meta in PKH is strong enough that you can get a kill purely with ranged fighting in the 126 CB Bracket? No Venge, no recoil, purely hoping for a max hit B2B with a dark bow or hand cannon. All while your opponent can triple eat and use whatever gear? Not happening. Thus you must get somebody to fight you in similar gear / style which is insanely time consuming, and is just interpreted as BoOsTiNg. How about poison damage? You can simply drink a potion to prevent your opponent from fulfilling this achievement.

There aren't enough people in the wilderness that actually want to fight in a way that will allow you to accomplish these goals, and they will actively try to make sure you don't achieve them. This is because they want you to pay money for them to service cheat it into existence on your account because of how impossible it is to accomplish legitimately. I think the best solution would be to completely rework PvP achievs into something more realistic instead of novel bologna. How about 200 kills? Why limit it to bounty hunter? Not all of them are bad but some are straight up unrealistic unless you are lucky enough to find a helpless pvmer who doesn't know how to eat food. Oh right, that's gonna get you in trouble for boosting...

Maybe this is just my own anecdote because someone I had muted for years is now a mod and wants to shit on my parade because of both disliking me, and my activities being a conflict of interest with their cc.

Following comp I plan on building wealth for the sole purpose of pking as my main activity (as I've done in the past.) Ultimately I look forward to providing diversity in the wilderness scene so that we get less posts like this because of organized wars / events being way more fun than brainless dummy training on PvMers. If the request for "competition" is merely a facade, we'll find out soon.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Nazuths
Developer

Post by Nazuths » Tue Apr 09, 2024 12:24 am

Chlor wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 11:13 pm This is because they want you to pay money for them to service cheat it into existence on your account because of how impossible it is to accomplish legitimately.
I think this take is extremely wild, I've done 10s of PvP Diaries for people, surely if the achievements are not to be accomplished legitimately, I'd have to have created it into existence 10s of times too, yet there is no record of me ever boosting. Unless there's a conspiracy that I would be unable to get flagged for boosting, I think this statement is far from true.

Not commenting on the rest of this thread, it's the same discussion that's been had multiple times in the past, refer to previous threads on this topic for more insights

- PkPlayer Nazuths

Wir3d
Honor Player

Post by Wir3d » Tue Apr 09, 2024 12:35 am

Nazuths wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 12:24 am *YAWN*
Ofc you gonna say that, you are part of the problem with your pk cc. You bully people into getting serviced and pk anyone that steps into wildy.

I am tired of his tyranny and I am personally going to step up and stop this bullying. If anyone else is interested in making a cc to rival that of his, feel free to pm me and we can get started. Its time to bring change to this server and it starts with exposing his cc of all the corruptions he has done in the past! ITS OUR TIME NOW TO STAND UP!
An Iron Noob wrote:This server would be way more successful, have greater player retention, and better, more positive vibes if it weren't for Nazuths and roddycc.

Nil to trill
One Hit Wonder

Post by Nil to trill » Tue Apr 09, 2024 1:19 am

I think this take is extremely wild, I've done 10s of PvP Diaries for people, surely if the achievements are not to be accomplished legitimately, I'd have to have created it into existence 10s of times too
Thats kind of exactly what hes talking about. you got paid to do it for protection from your cc. i dont understand what there was to miss about it. It SHOULDN'T be like that. and thats the issue.

Dismayed
Premium Donator

Post by Dismayed » Tue Apr 09, 2024 2:25 am

Chlor wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 11:13 pm
Dismayed wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 6:31 pm We don't control who decides to fight back and who doesn't.

okay.png

To be clear, I'm not upset about people not being able to PvM freely in wild. If that were the case I would have been crying months ago while doing PvM wildy achievs. The issue I have is that in order to accomplish PvP achievements you must tailor fights in order for it to even be possible, without it being considered bOoStInG. Take the ranged achievement for example, do we really think the ranged meta in PKH is strong enough that you can get a kill purely with ranged fighting in the 126 CB Bracket? No Venge, no recoil, purely hoping for a max hit B2B with a dark bow or hand cannon. All while your opponent can triple eat and use whatever gear? Not happening. Thus you must get somebody to fight you in similar gear / style which is insanely time consuming, and is just interpreted as BoOsTiNg. How about poison damage? You can simply drink a potion to prevent your opponent from fulfilling this achievement.

There aren't enough people in the wilderness that actually want to fight in a way that will allow you to accomplish these goals, and they will actively try to make sure you don't achieve them. This is because they want you to pay money for them to service cheat it into existence on your account because of how impossible it is to accomplish legitimately. I think the best solution would be to completely rework PvP achievs into something more realistic instead of novel bologna. How about 200 kills? Why limit it to bounty hunter? Not all of them are bad but some are straight up unrealistic unless you are lucky enough to find a helpless pvmer who doesn't know how to eat food. Oh right, that's gonna get you in trouble for boosting...

Maybe this is just my own anecdote because someone I had muted for years is now a mod and wants to shit on my parade because of both disliking me, and my activities being a conflict of interest with their cc.

Following comp I plan on building wealth for the sole purpose of pking as my main activity (as I've done in the past.) Ultimately I look forward to providing diversity in the wilderness scene so that we get less posts like this because of organized wars / events being way more fun than brainless dummy training on PvMers. If the request for "competition" is merely a facade, we'll find out soon.
My God, wipe your tears Chlor. Yes, I said we could let you sit out here and not let you boost PK Achievments when you're 3 iteming trying to get damage done. What is the point in that. That goes hand and hand with "BoOsTiNG". GL on that clan buddy. Looking forward to seeing you back out there kiddo. Till then :copium:

Dont goof
Premium Donator

Post by Dont goof » Tue Apr 09, 2024 2:31 am

Thank you for your thread. #roddycc is #1 and will always be. We have begged and begged for every clan to come together to overthrow us and they won't. Instead of killing barrows 24/7 why don't you and others practice nh pking and try to overthrow us? There are many numbers in other clans and you could all come together to try and prosper over the most feared clan to ever walk pk honor.

Markymark
Premium Donator

Post by Markymark » Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:27 pm

Very surprising to see owners and staff striving for clanning and teaming, forming groups to benefit them, and extortion happen around them and be brainwashed into thinking everything is an intended "Feature" or allowed to be in play "Because of the difficulty and skill it takes" when certain things quite obviously break the game down to core functionality.

Staying out of wildy, you cany get comp. Once you get comp, all you need is comp. Since you cant get there on hardcores, you stay out pvming. You go to corp, get elysian in 10 minutes. Go to bandos and arma, get that wothin a day. Now youre doing raids, imagine getting a t bow like Famia first kill. Now imagine youre an ironmen. You have "Beat the game". Now you skill, get 2b everything, have all the gear, but still cant get comp. You go into wildy to be extorted, multilogged, and teamed on, whilst they defend their actions saying "Im pking" Or "Theres no one to pk". That doesnt give people the right to abuse and extort the way they do.

Only a matter of time until claims like these are heard. 20 posts about this stuff, still bothing has been done. I hope eventually some action will be taken, as well as some punishments that abuse certain features. Removing "Rotten apples" from the community is what Hamade called it? And whilst he did just that, the server had never seen better days. The server was more communicative, we always had new people coming in, there were more clans, and best of all, PVP WAS ALIVE.

Too bad now we have bird brains calling shots because theres no one in command currently, those bird brains tend to brainwash those whom have no idea what discussions are concerning, or the true harm the game is experiencing.

But just like the Mike situation, I guess Im just talking out of my ass. Crazy how comfirmation must come from Mike himself otherwise claims arent true. And boy I hope when he finally does get involved again, he does exactly what Hamade did. Remove everyone that tries to run him and his server.

Patel
Advisor

Post by Patel » Tue Apr 09, 2024 8:22 pm

It feels like I've seen this thread before. If it's not Roddy cc, it's been one of many other clans throughout PkHonor's history. Once the wilderness died (~2013) it basically became monopolized by clans, and once warring died it was normal for one clan to stick out from the rest. Roddy is just the most recent iteration of this process. Knowledgeable players can get around this, players that are well connected can get around this. But not everyone, and certainly not new players. If you're here seeking Wilderness thrills, you leave once you find that it's basically devoid of life besides big CCs and established players, unless you join the clan, or unless you're into PvM and Skilling.

I've seen so many discussions on this topic that I've forgotten my own position on the matter. I think you're right that people are complacent with the state of the wilderness, but no one knows what to do. Do we just subsidize the shit out of basic/mid level pvp gear so that players have a fighting chance in the wilderness without much personal loss? Do we make even more heights accessible to players to replace the lack of worlds? Do we reprimand/nerf whichever CC happens to be 'on top' at that time? It's unclear what we should or why we should do it. After some time it won't be Roddy CC anymore, and we will repeat this discussion with whoever takes their place.

IMO some benevolent-yet-hardworking player has to come along and make a clan that solely exists to allow players to keep the wilderness as a true free for all. Otherwise indeed, it will be run by whoever can organize the most players as it has been for a long time. But wilderness activities are inherently ego-driven and we punish people for being too rowdy, so there's a culture problem we have to address as well, and see how enforcement of rules can navigate this complicated space.

The underdog
Premium Donator

Post by The underdog » Tue Apr 09, 2024 10:05 pm

Markymark wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:27 pm Very surprising to see owners and staff striving for clanning and teaming, forming groups to benefit them, and extortion happen around them and be brainwashed into thinking everything is an intended "Feature" or allowed to be in play "Because of the difficulty and skill it takes" when certain things quite obviously break the game down to core functionality.

Staying out of wildy, you cany get comp. Once you get comp, all you need is comp. Since you cant get there on hardcores, you stay out pvming. You go to corp, get elysian in 10 minutes. Go to bandos and arma, get that wothin a day. Now youre doing raids, imagine getting a t bow like Famia first kill. Now imagine youre an ironmen. You have "Beat the game". Now you skill, get 2b everything, have all the gear, but still cant get comp. You go into wildy to be extorted, multilogged, and teamed on, whilst they defend their actions saying "Im pking" Or "Theres no one to pk". That doesnt give people the right to abuse and extort the way they do.

Only a matter of time until claims like these are heard. 20 posts about this stuff, still bothing has been done. I hope eventually some action will be taken, as well as some punishments that abuse certain features. Removing "Rotten apples" from the community is what Hamade called it? And whilst he did just that, the server had never seen better days. The server was more communicative, we always had new people coming in, there were more clans, and best of all, PVP WAS ALIVE.

Too bad now we have bird brains calling shots because theres no one in command currently, those bird brains tend to brainwash those whom have no idea what discussions are concerning, or the true harm the game is experiencing.

But just like the Mike situation, I guess Im just talking out of my ass. Crazy how comfirmation must come from Mike himself otherwise claims arent true. And boy I hope when he finally does get involved again, he does exactly what Hamade did. Remove everyone that tries to run him and his server.
Damn, can't react clown emoji on pc.

Markymarkclownlungs :copium:
#Justice4Church
#DemoteRyanHeResigned
#capes2presets2k18

Markymark
Premium Donator

Post by Markymark » Tue Apr 09, 2024 10:33 pm

The underdog wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 10:05 pm
Markymark wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:27 pm Very surprising to see owners and staff striving for clanning and teaming, forming groups to benefit them, and extortion happen around them and be brainwashed into thinking everything is an intended "Feature" or allowed to be in play "Because of the difficulty and skill it takes" when certain things quite obviously break the game down to core functionality.

Damn, can't react clown emoji on pc.

Markymarkclownlungs :copium:
If we want to consistantly talk about clowns, a clown consistently ruins the game, and complains on why the server is "Dying" and wondering why no new people join, or even bother staying to tolerate some of your guys behavior. A clown consistantly lingers around a place where he's banned just to stir up drama. A clown is always the center of attention....Oh wait...the clown is.... :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

But what Patel said, I can agree it is difficult to control, Punishments for playing the game shouldn't be issued, But things like new heights to replace the lack of worlds does sound like a potential fix. Judging we have to type the command out, such as ::height 1 ::height 2 ::height 3 (I think 3 heights is fair due to multi-loggers, and then even if multi-loggers exist, they first have to scout to find someone on a specific height, and if gone un-noticed then they deserve the kill. But at the same time the pvmers will have more than enough time to start booking it for safety.

Determining teleports would be a thing to consider, such as the 2 minute limiter on ::home, we should have a 10-30 second limiter hopping to a different height. Timer gets ruined upon combat like ::home, I think this may be a potentially good addition, and I dont think it would take time to implement as heights already exist, we just have to see if honors get bugged on different heights to give players or irons an advantage of abusing honor pvming in wildy.

Making the basic items more powerful to compete with multi-loggers wouldnt last too long, as if we do so, then 1v1s would be basically broken with defense, and weapons wouldnt be doing what theyre designed to do.

Theres a lot of things that can be done, but no one bothers to come up or agree on fixes, mainly because the people whom defend these types of things, are the people abusing such mechanics, or are in clans or groups that abuse these types of things. The thing is, I dont understand why groups are segregated the way they are on a server where theres not so many people. Sure, you have 3, 4 main clans, but each clan has their own groups within them, and everyone pushes away from the rest. We should be working together in trying to help the server instead of running it to the ground. Mike might not be here, we might not be getting updates, but we are also the cause and effect for the future. Even if updates come, who will it benefit? Me? You? The people already comped? What about the new and returning players? Dont they deserve a shot at fairness?

These types of topics seem like a mental disease, those whom are mentally ill, dont understand their illness, but other people can clearly see it. Some people dont know what they do is wrong, and try justifying it anyway they can, whilst others see the clear problem with their actions. I wouldn't put anything past anyone at this point, from everyone I met in PkHonor. You have people severely autistic, and you have people that are well maintained and have self control. If we want balance from the community, it will never be one sided, because of all the conflicts that exist. We have to think from a neutral "Normal" standpoint, and I feel by some, I cant depend on that standpoint, or atleast from the people that are actively on forums yet shouldn't be anywhere near.