The Future of PkHonor

Discuss anything and everything about PkHonor.
Kingmikka
Premium Donator

Re: The Future of PkHonor

Post by Kingmikka » Wed Mar 13, 2024 10:14 pm

What about group ironman mode? I belive the community have been wanting this for YEARS.

Patel
Advisor

Post by Patel » Thu Mar 14, 2024 5:17 am

Brant wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:47 pm
Patel wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 1:34 am
Iron podge wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 9:23 pm

I've been saying this shit since I started playing. The entire Nex update was needless as FUCK. I'm sure reading that as a coder who sunk massive amounts of time, it is frustrating, but true. To me there were literally hundreds of other updates that could've been more beneficial. Instead a boss that was already implemented and WORKED had to be 100% perfected. It's an RSPS- nobody cares. Sometimes goofy bugs, or differences from the live game are what give a RSPS its appeal.

I've played 1,200 hours on my iron and have only voted on it MAYBE twice because of the no iron rewards :lol:

Also at this point I cba to read the rest because it seems to get into some specific details and staff shit that I don't care about. I'm very close to moving on from this server and not looking back. I'm super casual on here and I'm not going to spend time reaching end-game on something that is going to be dead in 6mo.

Last couple times I've ventured to the game I've had the temptation to nuke my account because it's always the fun, final moments for my RSPS adventures. I've never returned to a server I've ended an account on.
A lil zooted right now, apologies if my post doesn't make sense.

I've felt this for a long time as well. There are many other osrs analogues out there and we don't need to be like them. It became clear in the 2010s that we were losing out on pace of development when it came to osrs features. Playing catch-up makes the to-do list entirely dependent on what jagex puts out, instead of inviting creativity and choice from devs.

We have a strong base community and once had a pretty unique identity. What if we leaned into the "rs2/osrs hybrid" thing more?
Say less brother, Summoning is on its way
It is time

Iron adam
Event Coordinator

Post by Iron adam » Thu Mar 14, 2024 6:54 pm

Patel wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 5:17 am
Patel wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 1:34 am

A lil zooted right now, apologies if my post doesn't make sense.

I've felt this for a long time as well. There are many other osrs analogues out there and we don't need to be like them. It became clear in the 2010s that we were losing out on pace of development when it came to osrs features. Playing catch-up makes the to-do list entirely dependent on what jagex puts out, instead of inviting creativity and choice from devs.

We have a strong base community and once had a pretty unique identity. What if we leaned into the "rs2/osrs hybrid" thing more?
It is time
:clown: :clown: :clown:

Kingmikka wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 10:14 pm What about group ironman mode? I belive the community have been wanting this for YEARS.
While I do think GIM would be a good addition, it is not even close to the most pressing issue that needs to be addressed. Especially considering that only a small percentage of our playerbase would play GIM longterm.

Kingmikka
Premium Donator

Post by Kingmikka » Fri Mar 15, 2024 6:17 pm

Iron adam wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 6:54 pm
Patel wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 5:17 am

It is time
:clown: :clown: :clown:

Kingmikka wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 10:14 pm What about group ironman mode? I belive the community have been wanting this for YEARS.
While I do think GIM would be a good addition, it is not even close to the most pressing issue that needs to be addressed. Especially considering that only a small percentage of our playerbase would play GIM longterm.
I guess we will never know... RIP

Isaac
Honor Player

Post by Isaac » Sat Mar 16, 2024 12:58 am

I agree with new content that's unique to PkHonor, the custom RSPS.

Don't care at all for OSRS, go play that if you want the bosses, gear etc.

PkHonor's unique content and twist on things was always the stand-out feature for me before we got hijacked by a wave of OSRS-replica chads.

Iraq
Premium Donator

Post by Iraq » Sat Mar 16, 2024 2:46 am

shut it down

The underdog
Premium Donator

Post by The underdog » Mon Mar 25, 2024 1:01 am

The underdog wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 12:13 am You forgot the "or else we riot" part in this story.

Edit: the riot is scheduled march 30th as an all day event
5 days people, get the pitchforks ready :thumbsup:
#Justice4Church
#DemoteRyanHeResigned
#capes2presets2k18

Jumping bug
Honor Player

Post by Jumping bug » Mon Apr 01, 2024 1:47 am

100% agree with all Adam said.

"The 50x limit on items in the grand exchange should be removed and replaced with a warning that requires extra confirmation prior to placing an offer. This avoids the issue of locking people out of buying items for a certain price."

Would happily donate for an implementation like this.