Dear Mike.

Discuss anything and everything about PkHonor.
Will be ok2
Premium Donator

Dear Mike.

Post by Will be ok2 » Sun Dec 31, 2023 3:52 am

Welcome to my annual Ted Talk. @Mike

A little thread for discussion and input, I think it's time things change around here. For the past 7-8 years of my time on this game I've noticed that there is a major problem with frequent updates let alone any update schedule being maintained.

I am fully aware that this isn't your (mike) full time job. Maybe not even your primary interest outside of your job. That being said, there are a couple hundred people who actively login daily, people who've dedicated thousands if not tens of thousands of hours to this game. This includes the current dev's @Raj @Nazuths

I'm going to suggest to allow them to process updates on their own, without your formal review, without it takes months if not years for your personal eye balls to review the code. This would be the most beneficial thing you could do currently. Allowing these two gems who dedicate their time for FREE to HELP you and the PLAYERS of Pkhonor.

The previous 7-8 years has all been the same schedule IMO. Updates will get pushed through for a couple months, several if we're lucky including mainly QOL updates and minor bug fixes, This will be followed by 1 massive update every 18-24 months. This schedule obviously making it incredibly difficult for player retention.

Not looking to make this forums post huge, or go into much more detail than this on my side and lets hope we can get dev's allowed to make updates on their own...

TL;DR - let Raj and Naz update the game on their own because we get little to no updates since the current process bottle necks all their hard work.

Iron adam
Event Coordinator

Re: Dear Mike.

Post by Iron adam » Sun Dec 31, 2023 4:04 am

I think all code should still be reviewed by a second developer. But, allowing the author and reviewer/approver to be any developer would help a lot I think.

Jumping bug
Honor Player

Post by Jumping bug » Sun Dec 31, 2023 4:42 am

Iron adam wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 4:04 am I think all code should still be reviewed by a second developer. But, allowing the author and reviewer/approver to be any developer would help a lot I think.
Agree with Adam, have a 2nd dev review it and approve it for implementation. I mean this with the upmost respect. Mike, you can only do so much and we are not asking you to put your mental health at risk to approve more updates but instead, trust the devs who work with you that are there to assist you and work hard for you.

Long Live Pkhonor!

James
Premium Donator

Post by James » Sun Dec 31, 2023 4:47 am

never gonna happen

Brant
Fanatic

Post by Brant » Sun Dec 31, 2023 7:52 am

Yeah cool and all, except all the devs, including me have full-time jobs. We all play different games as well. I know personally, I have have been playing Leagues for the past 2 months

Arrsenic
Premium Donator

Post by Arrsenic » Sun Dec 31, 2023 10:44 am

Tl;dr Just gotta solve the "Bottleneck" i guess
“The world suffers a lot. Not because of the violence of bad people. But because of the silence of the good people.”

Will be ok2
Premium Donator

Post by Will be ok2 » Sun Dec 31, 2023 7:53 pm

Iron adam wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 4:04 am I think all code should still be reviewed by a second developer. But, allowing the author and reviewer/approver to be any developer would help a lot I think.
i think this is a good solution!
James wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 4:47 am never gonna happen

maybe if enough people show support and voice their opinions it will.
Brant wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 7:52 am Yeah cool and all, except all the devs, including me have full-time jobs. We all play different games as well. I know personally, I have have been playing Leagues for the past 2 months
I understand this, although it would still speed up updates without needing Mike to review and the dev's could actually be trusted to make real time updates to the game. The problem that i personally see right now is that all the dev's are now taking a break from coding or refusing to do more due to all their hard work being put on hold for some review that nobody knows when will actually happen.

The underdog
Premium Donator

Post by The underdog » Sun Dec 31, 2023 10:29 pm

Damn my reply got deleted once again.
Harassment :copium:

Mike just posted a status update on himself and you try to press him into these decisions right after :#:
#Justice4Church
#DemoteRyanHeResigned
#capes2presets2k18

Brant
Fanatic

Post by Brant » Sun Dec 31, 2023 10:38 pm

The underdog wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 10:29 pm Damn my reply got deleted once again.

Mike just posted a status update on himself and you try to press him into these decisions right after :#:
You should know by now that will only looks after himself

Will be ok2
Premium Donator

Post by Will be ok2 » Mon Jan 01, 2024 12:21 am

Brant wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 10:38 pm
The underdog wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 10:29 pm Damn my reply got deleted once again.

You should know by now that will only looks after himself
Mike posted a personal update which we've all seen half a dozen times, i don't fault him for feeling not ok nor would I ever, this post is to recommend that he allows the DEVS to actually help the game instead of him constantly bottle necking their work to the point they just stop working and doing things.

Also, that's a pretty ignorant statement from you Brant, this entire post is for the well being of the server. For Mike to give Raj and Naz their deserved respect in pushing through updates instead of making their hard work go to waste. If I wanted to make a self serving suggestion it wouldn't be this.