Dear Mike.

Discuss anything and everything about PkHonor.
Iron adam
Event Coordinator

Re: Dear Mike.

Post by Iron adam » Mon Jan 01, 2024 7:54 pm

Markymark wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 5:33 pm You guys do understand this is Mike's long term project, if not his first? You do understand even in his prime, he would never let anyone get ahold of the code, let alone buy it? You do understand he takes pride in his work and the only reason raj and Nazuths have it is because of people like this making posts as such, bringing him down even further than where he already is.
Markymark wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 6:31 pm The current Devs dont even bother fixing or patching the current bugs in their own code from years back, you think Mike wants to see his game ruined?
These points are just flat out wrong. I have worked directly with Andres, Thoby, Raj, and Nazuths testing new content, bug hunting, and brainstorming solutions. Not once has any of them refused to fix a bug. In fact, they have all been very proactive and open to fixing bugs, regardless of who wrote the original code.

Mike has obviously been arguably the most significant reason why PkHonor has been what it is for so long. But it is ignorant to suggest that others do not care as much as he does. Each developer has made significant contributions to the server. The reason that they have the rank is because Mike has recognized the passion that they all share. PkHonor is a community driven private server and is not the work of any one person.

We all support Mike in regards to his personal life. Same as we support other developers, staff members, and friends when they need to take a break from the game. Making a change to the system has the potential to decrease development time AND reduce the pressure on Mike to deliver content at such a fast pace. Know that all these criticisms brought forth are done out of love for PkHonor and each other.

Nazuths
Developer

Post by Nazuths » Mon Jan 01, 2024 8:13 pm

Iron adam wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 7:54 pm
Markymark wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 5:33 pm You guys do understand this is Mike's long term project, if not his first? You do understand even in his prime, he would never let anyone get ahold of the code, let alone buy it? You do understand he takes pride in his work and the only reason raj and Nazuths have it is because of people like this making posts as such, bringing him down even further than where he already is.
Markymark wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 6:31 pm The current Devs dont even bother fixing or patching the current bugs in their own code from years back, you think Mike wants to see his game ruined?
These points are just flat out wrong. I have worked directly with Andres, Thoby, Raj, and Nazuths testing new content, bug hunting, and brainstorming solutions. Not once has any of them refused to fix a bug. In fact, they have all been very proactive and open to fixing bugs, regardless of who wrote the original code.

Mike has obviously been arguably the most significant reason why PkHonor has been what it is for so long. But it is ignorant to suggest that others do not care as much as he does. Each developer has made significant contributions to the server. The reason that they have the rank is because Mike has recognized the passion that they all share. PkHonor is a community driven private server and is not the work of any one person.

We all support Mike in regards to his personal life. Same as we support other developers, staff members, and friends when they need to take a break from the game. Making a change to the system has the potential to decrease development time AND reduce the pressure on Mike to deliver content at such a fast pace. Know that all these criticisms brought forth are done out of love for PkHonor and each other.

Wir3d
Honor Player

Post by Wir3d » Mon Jan 01, 2024 10:19 pm

On a more positive note, yes a break here and there is deserved but an update is also helpful in the situation for the community to be aware of the on-going situations, which mike has provided. The updates are already coded and just need approval, hopefully it wont be too long till we see some regular updates coming to the server.
Last edited by 026 on Mon Jan 01, 2024 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed flame
An Iron Noob wrote:This server would be way more successful, have greater player retention, and better, more positive vibes if it weren't for Nazuths and roddycc.

Thierryu1
Premium Donator

Post by Thierryu1 » Mon Jan 01, 2024 10:39 pm

:grumpycat:

Iron ra
Premium Donator

Post by Iron ra » Mon Jan 01, 2024 11:22 pm

Nazuths wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 8:13 pm

Bring back Juntow as Helper. :prayge:

Raj
Developer

Post by Raj » Tue Jan 02, 2024 2:03 am

Iron adam wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 7:54 pm We all support Mike in regards to his personal life. Same as we support other developers, staff members, and friends when they need to take a break from the game. Making a change to the system has the potential to decrease development time AND reduce the pressure on Mike to deliver content at such a fast pace. Know that all these criticisms brought forth are done out of love for PkHonor and each other.
Can’t be emphasized enough

Patel
Advisor

Post by Patel » Tue Jan 02, 2024 2:58 am

Raj wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 12:50 pm So I ironically floated this by Rapsey a few times in the past few months. Both a voting system and an offer from me to just handle code review and deployments. Disclaimer that James posting this thread and me having done that are completely coincidental.

@Patel I will be honest, I don’t understand the argument about not wanting to add new supers. I would understand if the current team of supers was like even somewhat functional. It’s simply not. More or less, it seems Rapsey holds things together 8 out of 12 months of the year, but in my experience, he doesn’t want to release updates because it’s Mike’s domain. So for 8 months of the year, no one can release updates. So I can’t really label it a functional setup, even if everything is fine with regards to maintenance. And if I’m being honest, things are not fine with regards to maintenance rn, considering we have an issue which we already RCA’d like a month ago causing rollbacks, because no supers who know the server source have the time.

The biggest risk with outright letting Niels and I co-sign updates is that we need root permissions on the server the game runs on, probably, which carries risks in terms of cloning the game. The thing is, if we wanted to go rogue and clone the game, we could do that with just our beta server permissions alone. At the end of the day, we’re both career programmers who have sunk thousands of hours into the game and are invested in the community. If my moral compass just disappeared and I wanted a quick buck, I would probably start with the corporate SAP systems I work with rather than trying to clone a dying game surviving off volunteer hours. I imagine Niels doesn’t want to get into the business of hiding from Jagex DMCA’s, paying for advertising, taxes and payment processors, whatever goes into it. I sure as hell don’t. So I understand “we don’t want more supers” but I also really genuinely don’t.

I don’t mean to throw people under the bus, but at the same time, it’s painful to have a front row seat to these things and watch simple fixes take seasons when things could easily be done better, literally for free
You're pointing out a valid degeneracy, but I can't really offer any suggestions besides 'they should just let atleast one of you do it', which comes down to a being a personal decision for them to make. But yeah, when I said 'super' I just meant someone with unadulterated access to the game, its source, and making adjustments as they see fit.

Markymark
Premium Donator

Post by Markymark » Tue Jan 02, 2024 9:27 am

The point is fairness and one sided gameplay. Mike has his plans, you have your own. If he wanted or felt the need for you guys to have more code, he would give it. Unfortunately with certain people being the way they are, I dont think youll ever get anything more than just part of the server.

As I said current bugs with your own guys updates thats been brought up dont get fixed, such as melee hand safespot at olm. The fact it never got fixed, after countlessly telling nazuths, and showing admin ryan, Only makes me believe it was intended for the coders knowledge only and probably been there on purpose and very much intended, especially the braindead way it gets triggered.

Now with being unable to fix a simple safespot that im sure might make all the difference in the world to scalers getting afk kills, you guys want to run the server, start pushing things out without approval, and best yet, be one sided with your updates if not add things that only YOU see fit, which is biased, as you play the game, Mike and rapsey dont. Which in term always give us unbiased updates, and only ones the community suggests.

We dont need Devs acting like cocky clans now

Wir3d
Honor Player

Post by Wir3d » Tue Jan 02, 2024 9:56 am

Markymark wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 9:27 am The point is fairness and one sided gameplay. Mike has his plans, you have your own. If he wanted or felt the need for you guys to have more code, he would give it. Unfortunately with certain people being the way they are, I dont think youll ever get anything more than just part of the server.

As I said current bugs with your own guys updates thats been brought up dont get fixed, such as melee hand safespot at olm. The fact it never got fixed, after countlessly telling nazuths, and showing admin ryan, Only makes me believe it was intended for the coders knowledge only and probably been there on purpose and very much intended, especially the braindead way it gets triggered.

Now with being unable to fix a simple safespot that im sure might make all the difference in the world to scalers getting afk kills, you guys want to run the server, start pushing things out without approval, and best yet, be one sided with your updates if not add things that only YOU see fit, which is biased, as you play the game, Mike and rapsey dont. Which in term always give us unbiased updates, and only ones the community suggests.

:areyoukiddingme:
You don't have to post everything you are thinking, I highly urge it. Please refrain from baiting others and lets stay on topic. This is about Mike letting others take role on updates and try to implement without having to check every single line and slowing down updates for the server.
An Iron Noob wrote:This server would be way more successful, have greater player retention, and better, more positive vibes if it weren't for Nazuths and roddycc.

Markymark
Premium Donator

Post by Markymark » Tue Jan 02, 2024 10:37 am

Wir3d wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 9:56 am
Markymark wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 9:27 am The point is fairness and one sided gameplay. Mike has his plans, you have your own. If he wanted or felt the need for you guys to have more code, he would give it. Unfortunately with certain people being the way they are, I dont think youll ever get anything more than just part of the server.

:areyoukiddingme:
You don't have to post everything you are thinking, I highly urge it. Please refrain from baiting others and lets stay on topic. This is about Mike letting others take role on updates and try to implement without having to check every single line and slowing down updates for the server.
If you think thats baiting, I have no idea what youre on about as ive even stated a bug I personally have been referring to for a long time that ive been told its a feature, along with a lot more other things that others have made posts about. Yet instead of making an effort in fixing or letting someone know its there for them to fix, its left untouched. Its not baiting, its reality. And as for your comment, you should practice what you preach, and no, that wasnt a bait either, more less a suggestion.