Events Need to be fixed for lower geared ppl

All of the events happening in PkHonor will be posted here.
Firstaid
Rookie

Events Need to be fixed for lower geared ppl

Post by Firstaid » Tue Nov 28, 2023 11:39 pm

every event all the high geared players get all the kc there is no point of joining these events with low gear

i hit only 15 and the high player hitting like trains 51's

Iron adam
Event Coordinator

Re: Events Need to be fixed for lower geared ppl

Post by Iron adam » Tue Nov 28, 2023 11:43 pm

Firstaid wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 11:39 pm every event all the high geared players get all the kc there is no point of joining these events with low gear

i hit only 15 and the high player hitting like trains 51's
That is kind of the point of an mmorpg, no? The people who have the best gear will do the most damage. I think this is not an issue exclusive to events, but pvming in general. How would you suggest it gets fixed?

Rapsey
Sysadmin

Post by Rapsey » Wed Nov 29, 2023 3:11 pm

This is already the case. Unlike on OSRS the person who deals the most damage does not always get the kill / drop, they just have a higher chance of getting it. I'm not sure how we could create a situation where the person who performs worse ends up being the most successful, other than making it a lottery. If you have a specific suggestion in this regard I'm all ears.

We also have the personal rewards system to make sure lower geared players still get rewards for events.

Nelsonsng
Premium Donator

Post by Nelsonsng » Wed Nov 29, 2023 3:25 pm

Rapsey wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 3:11 pm This is already the case. Unlike on OSRS the person who deals the most damage does not always get the kill / drop, they just have a higher chance of getting it. I'm not sure how we could create a situation where the person who performs worse ends up being the most successful, other than making it a lottery. If you have a specific suggestion in this regard I'm all ears.

We also have the personal rewards system to make sure lower geared players still get rewards for events.
Lower or no bonus drop rates
Keep no killcount/slayer task req
Private instances

Only for events ofc

Raj
Developer

Post by Raj » Thu Nov 30, 2023 2:53 am

I think adding the private instance system we created with Nex to other places will be useful

Fe nis
Premium Donator

Post by Fe nis » Thu Nov 30, 2023 4:47 am

Raj wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 2:53 am I think adding the private instance system we created with Nex to other places will be useful
factual, valid, very based
add instances serverwide as an option, problem resolved

Rapsey
Sysadmin

Post by Rapsey » Thu Nov 30, 2023 4:52 pm

I agree that private instances should be added but you still shouldn't expect players with low-end gear to win events. It's the nature of the beast that they will be outperformed by those with the best gear.

Raj
Developer

Post by Raj » Thu Nov 30, 2023 5:00 pm

Rapsey wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 4:52 pm I agree that private instances should be added but you still shouldn't expect players with low-end gear to win events. It's the nature of the beast that they will be outperformed by those with the best gear.
I think their concern is just sitting around for no drops, which is a valid concern. I also would be annoyed killing Graardor 20 times for a 0.5% chance (approximation for the chance they get the drop in suboptimal gear during masses) at a 0.2% chance (drop chance, random number I’m using to make the point) at a Bandos Chestplate

Nelsonsng
Premium Donator

Post by Nelsonsng » Thu Nov 30, 2023 5:01 pm

Raj wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 5:00 pm
Rapsey wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 4:52 pm I agree that private instances should be added but you still shouldn't expect players with low-end gear to win events. It's the nature of the beast that they will be outperformed by those with the best gear.
I think their concern is just sitting around for no drops, which is a valid concern. I also would be annoyed killing Graardor 20 times for a 0.5% chance (approximation for the chance they get the drop in suboptimal gear during masses) at a 0.2% chance (drop chance, random number I’m using to make the point) at a Bandos Chestplate
Tbh i don't think your numbers are close, its more like 0% versus people with chaos comp and bis or 2nd bis or 3rd bis when you are not even close to aceeptable raids gear
Last edited by Nelsonsng on Thu Nov 30, 2023 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Raj
Developer

Post by Raj » Thu Nov 30, 2023 5:03 pm

Nelsonsng wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 5:01 pm
Raj wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 5:00 pm
Tbh i don't think your numbers are close, its more like 0% versus people with chaos comp and bis or 2nd bis or 3rd bis when you are not even close to basic raids gear
I think if you do 200 kills, you will get kill credit once, on average, that’s just a guess though, dunno what the actual probability formula is. 200 is a lot of kills. Also like I said I’m just kinda picking numbers that sound right to demonstrate the point, their actual value doesn’t matter