Goodbyes for Lieven

Discuss anything and everything about PkHonor.
Rapsey
Sysadmin

Goodbyes for Lieven

Post by Rapsey » Sun Oct 29, 2023 11:20 pm

As some of you may already know a funeral service for Lieven will be held next Friday, which Mike and I are planning to attend. What you may not know is that Lieven did not come from a large family. His mother had already passed away and he did not have any siblings, leaving his father almost entirely alone in this world.

I'm sure many of you have parents who are aware that you play some online game, but they probably don't fully grasp how much it can mean to be a part of a community like this. I think Lieven's dad deserves to know about the hearts and minds his son touched around the world, and that there are many who will miss and remember him. To that end I would like to compile some short messages from players and hand them over on behalf of all of us.

If any of you would like to add your voice, please pass your message on to me before 8pm GMT on Thursday November 2nd, either via forum PM or by posting it here and @'ing me. Messages in Dutch are welcome, any others I will translate myself. If you are willing please include your real first name and your country/state. I know these things are incredibly hard to write, but even one line to let it be known that he touched your life in some way can mean the world. It doesn't have to be much.

Although Lieven's family has respectfully declined any direct donations, if any of you wish to make a more concrete gesture, the funeral home does provide the option to buy flowers for the service. The website is in Dutch but I would be happy to help anyone navigate it or facilitate payment, so don't hesitate to contact me if you have any questions or would like me to translate something.

EDIT: Also, if anyone has any anecdotes or funny pictures, please contact Ozymandias.
Ozymandias wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 1:47 pm OK so a small update: Lievens dad would like some anecdotes/and or funny pictures of Lieven so if any of you guys got them dm them to me I guess.

Hunkofman
Senior Moderator

Re: Lieven passed away

Post by Hunkofman » Mon Oct 30, 2023 4:29 am

Much love for you lieven.
We became close friends over the last few years and wouldn’t trade it for anything. May you rest in peace my friend.

-Clay
Oklahoma/USA

@Rapsey

Rapsey
Sysadmin

Re: Goodbyes for Lieven

Post by Rapsey » Mon Oct 30, 2023 3:52 pm

(split into a separate topic and made a global announcement for increased visibility)

Ryun
Premium Donator

Post by Ryun » Mon Oct 30, 2023 7:35 pm

Much love from kansas in the US. Managed to touch hearts across the world. Im sorry we didnt get to play more games together fam. We always talked about it but life got busy and we never did. Thank you for bringing me into this community and helping me make so many friends across the globe.

Jumping bug
Honor Player

Post by Jumping bug » Mon Oct 30, 2023 11:47 pm

It's really awesome for you and Mike to get involved like this and be so supportive. Really shows that type of guys you both are.

Wishing all the best to his father.

Empty
Honor Player

Post by Empty » Tue Oct 31, 2023 9:17 am

What a wonderful gesture, respect! I will pm ya

Dismayed
Premium Donator

Post by Dismayed » Tue Oct 31, 2023 2:45 pm

Super dope gesture for you guys, as to Lieven who we just had recently started to get to know one another, rest well my friend. You will be missed. Praying for his father and others daily.

Lil ryan
Premium Donator

Post by Lil ryan » Tue Oct 31, 2023 4:43 pm

Lieven wasn't just a guy to me; he was one of my favorite game developers, one of my company's developers. He was the world's most legendary guy; he changed people's lives for the better. He may not know it, but he changed my life by working on my favorite game. I have spent thousands of hours on his game; he saved my life and preserved my health. Lieven, you will be missed and you will be loved by me and all you have touched through your memes, your personality, and your goals.

May you enjoy yourself to the fullest, dominate those Overwatch nerds, cherish your time with your mother, and savor every moment of your new adventure ❤️

Coming from United Kingdom, Ryan 💔

Brant
Fanatic

Post by Brant » Tue Oct 31, 2023 5:59 pm

You hate to write something like this, especially for someone that was so young. We were only getting to know each other the past few months, but every day I got to talk with him, it always made my day better. We had a plan as new developers to help make updates that the community wanted. It sucks that you left us, especially when you were getting the hang of it. Only God knows what you and I would have been able to do together. Just know, the entire community will miss you.
Much love, Brantley (Ohio, USA)

Uim killerb
Premium Donator

Post by Uim killerb » Tue Oct 31, 2023 6:36 pm

im so sad that he is gone,
even though i didnt speak that much to him, i do remember one time when i was clean around 1 and a half year i was in a really bad stat of mind lieven talk to me for 6 hours without hessitatien because of him i can celebrat over 2 years clean time, i own this guy my life.

much love from malte from denmark