Least favorite skill on Pkhonor

Discuss anything and everything about PkHonor.

Least favorite skill on Pkhonor/Needs some work

Prayer
5%
Runecrafting
2%
Construction
32%
Agility
14%
Herblore
2%
Thieving
7%
Crafting
No votes
Fletching
No votes
Slayer
No votes
Hunter
25%
Mining
2%
Smithing
4%
Fishing
2%
Cooking
No votes
Firemaking
2%
Woodcutting
2%
Farming
4%

Total votes: 57

Nazuths
Developer

Re: Least favorite skill on Pkhonor

Post by Nazuths » Sat Oct 28, 2023 7:18 pm

Fe nis wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 7:10 pm Only picked one, Construction, because as it stands a majority of people don't actually construct anything at all, they just spend absurd amounts of money spawning and respawning an NPC in their PoH dungeon over and over and over again.

I don't even think there's an issue with the skill itself, I don't think it needs a rework, I just think this cringe method of attaining xp should be removed entirely.

:)
Trueeeeeee Fe Niss....

Church
Premium Donator

Post by Church » Sat Oct 28, 2023 8:13 pm

Agility without a doubt. The best method being catching butterflies and taking anywhere from 1 tick to several seconds?

The best method should be the wilderness agility course, then followed by the butterflies. I would argue for a buff to the agility course in this situation, get more people in the wild as well.

Ryun
Premium Donator

Post by Ryun » Mon Oct 30, 2023 10:48 pm

Church wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 8:13 pm Agility without a doubt. The best method being catching butterflies and taking anywhere from 1 tick to several seconds?

The best method should be the wilderness agility course, then followed by the butterflies. I would argue for a buff to the agility course in this situation, get more people in the wild as well.
Make wildy agility like revs in os with some tweaks

can go to wildy agi but xp is shit

1m/10m/25m (whatever money sink actually makes it worth) gives you boosted xp rates to put it at or slightly above butterflies

50m/75m/100m (whatever makes it worth it) gives bigger boosted xp rates marginally over butterflies (making it top moneymaker in game)

50% of coins lost on death, 50% to pker (to stop you just killing your own acc to avoid pkers, you still lose money in the end)

not entirely sure how to tbh since we have tps everywhere already, but fountain in poh, portals to gwd rooms are what i can think of to start?

mahogany homes?

Brant
Fanatic

Post by Brant » Tue Oct 31, 2023 1:00 am

Ryun wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 10:48 pm
Church wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 8:13 pm Agility without a doubt. The best method being catching butterflies and taking anywhere from 1 tick to several seconds?

Make wildy agility like revs in os with some tweaks

can go to wildy agi but xp is shit

1m/10m/25m (whatever money sink actually makes it worth) gives you boosted xp rates to put it at or slightly above butterflies

50m/75m/100m (whatever makes it worth it) gives bigger boosted xp rates marginally over butterflies (making it top moneymaker in game)

50% of coins lost on death, 50% to pker (to stop you just killing your own acc to avoid pkers, you still lose money in the end)

not entirely sure how to tbh since we have tps everywhere already, but fountain in poh, portals to gwd rooms are what i can think of to start?

mahogany homes?
Funnily enough, mahogany homes was worked on in the past. Don't know what stopped production. As it currently stands, I don't think there is a way to make construction viable on pkhonor. It works on osrs due to the achievement of achieving levels and the lack of teleports. Unless we add in custom content for construction, which we could do, the only thing that would be used in construction is costume rooms, and that's really it. We can already teleport to just about everywhere of important via teleport interface, and the pools and altars are available at edgeville.

As for agility, rooftops are a for front thought. Once again, the only benefit obtained from training agility is unlimited run energy. If we were to add graceful armour, it would be useless since run energy is useless. How could we make agility worth it reward wise?

Hunter at 3rd. Hunter wouldn't be too complicated to improve since we could add in some more hunter creatures that are better then what we have already. Ex. Stronger Chinchompas or lizards.

Overall, obtaining 99 in a matter of hours makes it very complicated in how to improve things. Adding new content in osrs is easy since it takes tens of hours to get 99. They can make it either low xp high reward or high xp low reward. On here, xp doesn't really matter, save those you want to get 2b in all skills.

I'm curious in how people plan to make a skill actually worth doing, especially agility and construction. Every other skill gives you at least something in return for doing it.

Kenneth
Honor Player

Post by Kenneth » Wed Nov 01, 2023 7:33 pm

Had a thought for agility and stamina potions. Instead of players getting infinite run energy at lv 95 why can't we add stamina potions that give the player infinite run for a timed duration? Paired with roof top agility this becomes a legit money maker due to comped players being lazy and a reason to continue the skill post 200m exp