Combat Achievements - Second Beta

PkHonor's work in progress and future updates will be posted here.
Iron adam
Event Coordinator

Re: Combat Achievements - Second Beta

Post by Iron adam » Wed Oct 04, 2023 4:43 pm

there is a cap on the number of pkps you can get when dying with chaotics/void etc. at 21,474,836
please fix to 2,147,483,647

Brant
Fanatic

Post by Brant » Wed Oct 04, 2023 4:48 pm

Iron adam wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 4:43 pm there is a cap on the number of pkps you can get when dying with chaotics/void etc. at 21,474,836
please fix to 2,147,483,647
:kekw:

You i m
Premium Donator

Post by You i m » Wed Oct 04, 2023 7:53 pm

Fe nis wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 10:35 am
You i m wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 3:50 am Looks great.

I would like to suggest a small reward for each task tailored to their difficulty. So like the easy barrows one maybe 100m coins + 100 pkp or something like that. will be very beneficial towards new players
you get rewarded for completing a tier, rewards for each individual achievement seem utterly unnecessary
An entire tier is a lot though, adding extra small rewards makes it a more enjoyable process. Sort of like a list of tasks to complete

Raj
Developer

Post by Raj » Wed Oct 04, 2023 9:07 pm

Silliekill wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 9:42 pm Haven’t had the time to test yet myself, which I’ll certainly do, but I do have 1 concern about the zuk and inferno speed times. The inferno one be locked behind the pet which will let you skip additional waves, not sure if that’s wanted or not. The quickest Zuk time I managed to ever get was not a sub 2 and that was with bis gear and flicking Jad while skipping healers so I reckon 2 mins might be a bit too high.
I've put some thought into this. For the Inferno portion, I will add a reward which provides the pet skip boost (I'm not sure of the details of how that works or what it is) for the previous achievement tier. So once you're on that tier, you will be able to use that boost to complete the speed task. Alternatively, you can just get the pet and have the boost the old fashioned way if you're not doing combat achievements.

For the Zuk portion, I'll see if I can ask our OP dev to do some test kills and report back. If you guys can keep up with him then gz on doing the task I guess.

Elon musky
Premium Donator

Post by Elon musky » Wed Oct 04, 2023 9:32 pm

Raj wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 9:07 pm For the Zuk portion, I'll see if I can ask our OP dev to do some test kills and report back. If you guys can keep up with him then gz on doing the task I guess.
I think we should use Church as the Benchmark….

Will be ok2
Premium Donator

Post by Will be ok2 » Thu Oct 05, 2023 1:55 am

Elon musky wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 9:32 pm
Raj wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 9:07 pm For the Zuk portion, I'll see if I can ask our OP dev to do some test kills and report back. If you guys can keep up with him then gz on doing the task I guess.
I support. Or hunkofman

Fe nis
Premium Donator

Post by Fe nis » Thu Oct 05, 2023 5:42 am

Elon musky wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 9:32 pm
sadly that wouldn't even class as an achievement at that point

Silliekill
Honor Player

Post by Silliekill » Thu Oct 05, 2023 6:43 am

Raj wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 9:07 pm
Silliekill wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 9:42 pm Haven’t had the time to test yet myself, which I’ll certainly do, but I do have 1 concern about the zuk and inferno speed times. The inferno one be locked behind the pet which will let you skip additional waves, not sure if that’s wanted or not. The quickest Zuk time I managed to ever get was not a sub 2 and that was with bis gear and flicking Jad while skipping healers so I reckon 2 mins might be a bit too high.
I've put some thought into this. For the Inferno portion, I will add a reward which provides the pet skip boost (I'm not sure of the details of how that works or what it is) for the previous achievement tier. So once you're on that tier, you will be able to use that boost to complete the speed task. Alternatively, you can just get the pet and have the boost the old fashioned way if you're not doing combat achievements.

For the Zuk portion, I'll see if I can ask our OP dev to do some test kills and report back. If you guys can keep up with him then gz on doing the task I guess.
Or… add Zuk as a slayer task😉

Kalista
Honor Player

Post by Kalista » Thu Oct 05, 2023 3:44 pm

You i m wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 7:53 pm
Fe nis wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 10:35 am
You i m wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 3:50 am Looks great.

I would like to suggest a small reward for each task tailored to their difficulty. So like the easy barrows one maybe 100m coins + 100 pkp or something like that. will be very beneficial towards new players
you get rewarded for completing a tier, rewards for each individual achievement seem utterly unnecessary
An entire tier is a lot though, adding extra small rewards makes it a more enjoyable process. Sort of like a list of tasks to complete
100% agree, there should be small pkp or coin rewards for each task, scaling with the tier. It doesn't have to be a lot, but in other servers with achievement systems this seems to be the standard. It would definitely make you feel more accomplished during the grind, and give you more incentive to keep going.

Raj
Developer

Post by Raj » Thu Oct 05, 2023 7:13 pm

About to deploy all of this
  • Added Inferno practice mode with wave selection
  • Fixed ToB master task failure message
  • Improved failure message reporting for some composite tasks (like the ToB grandmaster task)
  • Prevented trading and drop trading in the raids/Inferno endurance achievements
  • Added Inferno wave skip boost equivalent to pet boost as a master tier reward
  • Fixed timing on achievement/killcount loading (killcount/speed completions will no longer re-display on login)
  • Left the Zuk speed task at 2:00. You should all be grateful it wasn't set to the 1:20 that @Nazuths cranked out in testing.
Last thing to do is reward lamps, until people find/report more bugs.