[DISCUSSION THREAD] How is this not against the rules?

Discuss anything and everything about PkHonor.
Zora
Honor Player

Re: [DISCUSSION THREAD] How is this not against the rules?

Post by Zora » Sat Aug 19, 2023 5:57 pm

Markymark wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 4:58 pm I mean the man brings up a great point...Think of it this way. You have an account afking for days on end, your clan mates see the drops and loot that afkers loot. Thats money being generated by itself. On top of the zenyte shards being obtained, theres other things in factor, such as pkp and KC being farmed, PKP can be used for ingame gp, and KC can interrupt people that actually kill them legitly, and go for top kills.

Even tho tortured are a lower level mob, so to speak, 10b at a time is coming in the game in items, along with another 3-5k pkp worth overnight, which in theory is another 2-3b, along with an elite that hes obtained, another 2.3b, Now pair this with 4 accounts, and you get the result of 50b on a bad night with 1 zenyte per account, upwards to 100b generated daily, just afking if lucky with shards.

With that said, How are we complaining about having no GP in the came for the items there are, and why are we wondering why theres an influx of items, that cant be bought with cash, because its simply being either hoarded, staked, or just not enough of because the lack of money there is ingame.

Im sure theres logs that show how much pure gp is in the game currently. How about we compare the wealth between all the accounts in pure cash, and the wealth with pure items (you can even exclude the ultra rares). I believe the ratio will be somewhere around 1:1500
You don't get anywhere near 2-3k pkp a night,you don't even get that in a 24 period.Shard are about 5b,nowhere near 10b(im assuming that's what you meant and if not,my bad) and whrere did that elite com from?Your numbers are like REALLY REALLY innacurate there but i still get your point :P

Fungamer
Developer

Post by Fungamer » Sun Aug 20, 2023 2:48 am

Necrophage wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 5:57 pm
Markymark wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 4:58 pm I mean the man brings up a great point...Think of it this way. You have an account afking for days on end, your clan mates see the drops and loot that afkers loot. Thats money being generated by itself. On top of the zenyte shards being obtained, theres other things in factor, such as pkp and KC being farmed, PKP can be used for ingame gp, and KC can interrupt people that actually kill them legitly, and go for top kills.

Even tho tortured are a lower level mob, so to speak, 10b at a time is coming in the game in items, along with another 3-5k pkp worth overnight, which in theory is another 2-3b, along with an elite that hes obtained, another 2.3b, Now pair this with 4 accounts, and you get the result of 50b on a bad night with 1 zenyte per account, upwards to 100b generated daily, just afking if lucky with shards.

With that said, How are we complaining about having no GP in the came for the items there are, and why are we wondering why theres an influx of items, that cant be bought with cash, because its simply being either hoarded, staked, or just not enough of because the lack of money there is ingame.

Im sure theres logs that show how much pure gp is in the game currently. How about we compare the wealth between all the accounts in pure cash, and the wealth with pure items (you can even exclude the ultra rares). I believe the ratio will be somewhere around 1:1500
You don't get anywhere near 2-3k pkp a night,you don't even get that in a 24 period.Shard are about 5b,nowhere near 10b(im assuming that's what you meant and if not,my bad) and whrere did that elite com from?Your numbers are like REALLY REALLY innacurate there but i still get your point :P
^

Even if they were 10b, a zenyte is definitely not guaranteed even with 5 accs during an entire night. I think people overestimate the amount of kills per hour they get while AFKing and how much pkp they actually gain. They have a reasonably high total hp and there can be seconds up to minutes of downtime since the gorillas wont aggro you because your auto-retaliate put you in a bit of an awkward spot. Sure it's being created from thin air, but so is literally anything besides alching/selling to junk store. And that's just one step away from being like that, since the item you're alching/selling was created from thin air.

Changing this would be an integrity change because people feel like you shouldn't be able to fully AFK xp. Not a change to protect the eco. Even at 10x the droprate and 2x the pkp, I doubt they'd have much impact on the eco. Also, reminder: To pick up the zenyte, you need to be not-AFK. Which turns all of this discussing into a discussion about a non-issue, since the person isn't AFK. I've frequently seen clan members trying to yoink and getting there after the zenyte has already despawned. It's really not an issue that has any sort of crazy impact on the eco. Mining gold ore and selling it to the junkstore probably makes more (consistent) cash.

Not that I think logout timers would be good or that there's any real incentive to add them, but the eco is just such a negligible aspect to this discussion. If anything, I'd argue it's done some good by generating some much-needed zenytes. Demonic gorillas are pretty much dead content (many even have it as a blocked slayer task) and there's a bunch of zenyte jewelry (3, 4 pieces? Idk.) that people want/need and rich veterans seem to enjoy hoarding.

Iron podge
Premium Donator

Re: How is this not against the rules?

Post by Iron podge » Sun Aug 20, 2023 6:10 am

Iron podge wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 3:33 am Decided to follow through and share my results with you all.

Suggestions are pretty spammed right now. One with a similar topic, so I won't be posting there for now.

Note that when I first posted this report, I thought gorillas gave 5 pkp per kill because of the way notifications were saying I had received 5. I realized this was not every kill. I had planned on cashing in on the new gmaul handles and suiciding for 750m each. I won't be doing that because I obviously didn't end up with 30k+ points.

I did tasks on other apps/browsers while afk. With the chat box showing on bottom of monitor to watch for drops. Left acc there a couple nights. I'd estimate total time there to be around 60-80 hrs over the week on my account "Podge". 7,787 kc.

Loot totaled around 15-18b:
- Missed two Zenyte of my own, looted one off another player who was afk (at 1 in 2k my luck was shit :lol: )
- Built full light ballista
- Medium clues go straight to inventory rather than ground, sold caskets 1-1.2b each
- 6500 Pkp points

XP Gained:
- 810M attack
- 440m Strength, Def

Not a huge deal but keep in mind this is zero effort. Never touching the client unless I see loot on my chat feed. Medium clue hitting invy is an instant 1b when I come back to acc.

I initially was going to run two accounts there but tbh I don't care that much. If I ever start playing eco side, I'd probably do it for passive started gp.

When

Do what you will w/ the results :D
For the current debate, this is on I think page 2. Results from a week or so. Est time played listed in the quote.
:doge:

Kenneth
Honor Player

Post by Kenneth » Sun Aug 20, 2023 7:30 am

Necrophage wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 5:57 pm

you also dont get elites

Raj
Developer

Post by Raj » Sun Aug 20, 2023 7:40 am

Kenneth wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 7:30 am you also dont get elites
I think Kraken might drop elites

Iron podge
Premium Donator

Post by Iron podge » Sun Aug 20, 2023 8:44 am

Kenneth wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 7:30 am
you also dont get elites
Correct, tort gorillas send mediums to invy.
Raj wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 7:40 am
Kenneth wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 7:30 am you also dont get elites
I think Kraken might drop elites
100% does. I've been blessed with a few. May be pretty rare from kraken however as I've only had a few in the near-5k kills during event.
:doge:

Nolan
Honor Player

Post by Nolan » Sun Aug 20, 2023 9:29 am

Kraken does indeed drop elites and hards, however it's probably a much lower rate than expected during an event as it usually requires a slayer streak & task to kill which is supposed to increases clue drop rates.

The underdog
Premium Donator

Post by The underdog » Sun Aug 20, 2023 10:45 am

I've been punished for being afk on aggro npcs with souls whip, given it's years ago and buncha bias mods were loc. Refrained from doing so ever since and having read the ::rules again confirming it was against the rules. Informed other players they should not do it either. Can I get a refund on 1000 hours of missed out kraken, gorilla's and whatever loot and xp?

As long as the rules are this clear and specific I won't engage in gaining xp while being afk.
Change the wording of the rule as suggested.

I like the ez mechanics, but it's not really environmentally friendly either. Could change the game mechanics.
#Justice4Church
#DemoteRyanHeResigned
#capes2presets2k18