Yell is only for buying and selling.

Discuss anything and everything about PkHonor.
Markymark
Premium Donator

Re: Yell is only for buying and selling.

Post by Markymark » Sat Jul 22, 2023 1:53 pm

Just be grateful it was only 3 hours, Ive seen church's good mutes last 12 hours, and continuing 24h. The way you guys were arguing was like we were in 2k16 again...Even though we can all be a pain in the ass to each other, its good to know when to be the better person and just drop it.

We aren't kids anymore, we aren't going to be moderated as such, yell has been laid back for quite some time now, given youre not spamming it...But if youre presenting a toxic energy to broadcast to the server, of course you'll get muted. Yell is a privilege , lets keep it like that.

On that note, I recommend we bring back the blackmarks, where auto-punishments are set. That way theres no bias as far as the mute durations, and mutes will be automated based on how many blackmarks an account has. Of course, they can always appeal their punishment, and have the blackmark removed if it was unjustified. The more black-marks an account has, the steeper the punishment will be. This system will benefit from mods always having to deal with constant offenders.

Rapsey
Sysadmin

Post by Rapsey » Sat Jul 22, 2023 2:22 pm

Maybe we should reword that broadcast message. Suggestions are welcome.

Hc kassa

Post by Hc kassa » Sat Jul 22, 2023 2:35 pm

Rapsey wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 2:22 pm Maybe we should reword that broadcast message. Suggestions are welcome.
Maybe something like free talk is okay, flaming and baiting isn't allowed. Not sure about the exact wording on it, but we should update a few of those server messages.
Yell is not really often used to advertise, buying or selling. It's 80% just small talk, banter and light baiting with 10% of it being flaming and toxicity. :kekw:

Markymark
Premium Donator

Post by Markymark » Sat Jul 22, 2023 3:06 pm

Rapsey wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 2:22 pm Maybe we should reword that broadcast message. Suggestions are welcome.
"Please be respectful on yell, No toxic behavior will be tolerated."

Grizzly mint
Premium Donator

Post by Grizzly mint » Sat Jul 22, 2023 3:10 pm

Last edited by Grizzly mint on Sat Jul 22, 2023 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Grizzly mint
Premium Donator

Post by Grizzly mint » Sat Jul 22, 2023 3:12 pm

Bankassadin wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 1:37 pm You did call people a r****, idiot, low IQ and so on. I think it's deserved that you got muted from yell. Sadly I didn't take screenshots.
Plus there have been 2 warnings by Khilla.
i said that word in clan chat not yell, report me if you feel i offended you.

Grizzly mint
Premium Donator

Post by Grizzly mint » Sat Jul 22, 2023 3:15 pm

Markymark wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 3:06 pm "Please be respectful on yell, No toxic behavior will be tolerated."
Grizzly mint wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 3:10 pm btw my doomslayer says 3h mute but we're going on 6 hours now and it says i have 15 minutes left. quite interesting.
this is subjective. server broadcast also says yell is only for buying and selling, yet it is not.

Markymark
Premium Donator

Post by Markymark » Sat Jul 22, 2023 3:28 pm

Server broadcast for buying and selling only when we had 500 peak players online at once, and a bunch of toxic children misbehaving causing chaos and havoc till Hamade made it where it was a privledge, not a right.

I believe it was Ryan whom made a thread about kicking back on punishments and use of yell for two reasons. One is we've grown up, or so I thought, And the second being theres not that many people ingame to create that amount of havoc. We are a small community trying to grow again, and until that happens, we will just have fun. We can agree your little discussions weren't having fun, you guys were picking on each other. Theres a difference in someone using yell for non buying and selling like we always do to joke with someone, or just say hi to the community, and to call someone an idiot, and purposely baiting them to get a reaction that will result in consequences that youll eventually cry about.

Very simple as I was told back in 2015, if you dont want to be punished, dont give them reasons to punish you. Since my IPban, following that rule of law, I have yet to be punished for something I dont deserve.

Brant
Fanatic

Post by Brant » Sat Jul 22, 2023 3:42 pm

Markymark wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 3:06 pm
"Please be respectful on yell, No toxic behavior will be tolerated."
This right here

Hc kassa

Post by Hc kassa » Sat Jul 22, 2023 4:12 pm

Grizzly mint wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 3:12 pm
Bankassadin wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 1:37 pm You did call people a r****, idiot, low IQ and so on. I think it's deserved that you got muted from yell. Sadly I didn't take screenshots.
Plus there have been 2 warnings by Khilla.
i said that word in clan chat not yell, report me if you feel i offended you.
Didn't know you're in P V M Kings, would be new informations for me. It was for sure on ::yell or I would not have seen it. :lol: