PkHonor's Summer of Skilling

All of PkHonor's news will be posted here.
Jumping bug
Honor Player

Re: PkHonor's Summer of Skilling

Post by Jumping bug » Wed Jul 19, 2023 4:03 am

This is fantastic but doesn't exactly address a major problem with so many current players already being maxed xp in many of these skills.

Skill Prestiging or a way for players to track going beyond 2b xp would allow for more of the experienced players to enjoy events like this. I feel like this is tailored more towards the newer players.

Or as Znoxy suggested, perhaps adding a reward other than xp such as items to those already maxed in xp will be enough of an incentive for them to still go out and participate.

Khilla
Senior Moderator

Post by Khilla » Wed Jul 19, 2023 8:48 am

Jumping bug wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 4:03 am This is fantastic but doesn't exactly address a major problem with so many current players already being maxed xp in many of these skills.

Skill Prestiging or a way for players to track going beyond 2b xp would allow for more of the experienced players to enjoy events like this. I feel like this is tailored more towards the newer players.

Or as Znoxy suggested, perhaps adding a reward other than xp such as items to those already maxed in xp will be enough of an incentive for them to still go out and participate.
As one of the players with every skill maxed, I'm perfectly fine with these types of events. Not every event is for everyone, in the same sense as I'm a PVMer so I don't participate in PvP events. Hell, if I do want to participate in these events I can just skill on an alt and slowly grind towards 46b.

Events tailored towards newer players isn't even a bad thing either. While new players can participate, most boss and PvP events are tailored towards older players by virtue of having better gear. Having these events be good for new players is great; don't we want the player base to increase? How would we grow if everything was catered to ench compers with bis gear?

On prestiging, I also gotta disagree. 46B is a goal and should be just that. It should be finite and a clear cutoff, not an infinitely increasing number. If you want the prestige of having more than 2b in a skill, reset it (like respire does with slayer) or make alts whenever you hit 2b.

Extra rewards is also pretty inane, you've already maxed the skill what more do you need really. It's like winning 100m IRL in the lottery and being mad you can't play anymore.

Just about the only thing I would agree with is uncapping the exp counter so you can have a bigger virtual number to flex with. :prayge:

Respire1337
Premium Donator

Post by Respire1337 » Wed Jul 19, 2023 11:58 am

Khilla wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 8:48 am
Jumping bug wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 4:03 am This is fantastic but doesn't exactly address a major problem with so many current players already being maxed xp in many of these skills.

As one of the players with every skill maxed, I'm perfectly fine with these types of events. Not every event is for everyone, in the same sense as I'm a PVMer so I don't participate in PvP events. Hell, if I do want to participate in these events I can just skill on an alt and slowly grind towards 46b.

Events tailored towards newer players isn't even a bad thing either. While new players can participate, most boss and PvP events are tailored towards older players by virtue of having better gear. Having these events be good for new players is great; don't we want the player base to increase? How would we grow if everything was catered to ench compers with bis gear?

On prestiging, I also gotta disagree. 46B is a goal and should be just that. It should be finite and a clear cutoff, not an infinitely increasing number. If you want the prestige of having more than 2b in a skill, reset it (like respire does with slayer) or make alts whenever you hit 2b.

Extra rewards is also pretty inane, you've already maxed the skill what more do you need really. It's like winning 100m IRL in the lottery and being mad you can't play anymore.

Just about the only thing I would agree with is uncapping the exp counter so you can have a bigger virtual number to flex with. :prayge:
Very nicely put into perspective. We want newer players, no? Then these events are hella attracting. Feel like wanna skill again? Reset your skill and do it again, why is there a need for a reward when YOU want to reset your skill? Makes no sense.

Rapsey
Sysadmin

Post by Rapsey » Wed Jul 19, 2023 12:12 pm

Respire1337 wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 11:58 am Feel like wanna skill again? Reset your skill and do it again, why is there a need for a reward when YOU want to reset your skill? Makes no sense.
Makes about as much sense as saying no one else should be allowed to progress their account further because then their account would be progressed further than yours. :roll:

Whiist
Premium Donator

Post by Whiist » Wed Jul 19, 2023 4:13 pm

W event
Pigeon Force

The underdog
Premium Donator

Post by The underdog » Wed Jul 19, 2023 9:23 pm

Racist towards the construction skill. Event coordinator rank abuse. Couldn't be me.
#Justice4Church
#DemoteRyanHeResigned
#capes2presets2k18

Juntow
Premium Donator

Post by Juntow » Thu Jul 20, 2023 5:11 pm

This event was brought to you by Juntow & Sons
PkHonor's #1 Role Player and Servicer

[Verified] Fast, Efficient, Trusted Services endorsed by former and current PkHonor Staff members (Legally Binding).
⬇ ⬇ ⬇

Iron podge
Premium Donator

Post by Iron podge » Fri Jul 21, 2023 12:05 am

No double con? :( :prayge:
:doge:

Church
Premium Donator

Post by Church » Fri Jul 21, 2023 12:47 am

Iron podge wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 12:05 am No double con? :( :prayge:
This is a special event only Mike can do, and it's only done in special rare circumstance.

Uim legolas
Premium Donator

Post by Uim legolas » Sat Jul 22, 2023 7:05 pm

Lmaooooo summer of skilling :geek: :ugeek: