Second LMS & wilderness changes bughunter contest

All of PkHonor's news will be posted here.
Fungamer
Developer

Re: Second LMS & wilderness changes bughunter contest

Post by Fungamer » Sat Jul 22, 2023 4:16 am

Iron adam wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 3:48 am
Jayden wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 3:15 am
Bankassadin wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 3:12 pm 1k wins could take up like 3-4 weeks of active playing it, if a game goes on for like 10 minutes and you win at least 2/3 of the games you play. Still, that would be 230ish hours.
In case which has to be played by others as well. So I'd say it would be like at least 1 month of actively playing LMS.

Raid Capes can take you longer than 1 month, if you do Raids every day.
A regular run with max gear and comp capes can take between 12-20 minutes. On average I'd say 15 minutes. Which is like 500 hours of raiding, going for the 2k cape. If you play non-stop it's like 21 days. Nobody plays 24 hours a day, so I'd say to get the 2k cape you'd need at least 2 months of playing.
My only issue with this is you can't solo LMS, it's going to be extremely difficult to constantly find 4 people to play lms during certain timezones. No one's going to want to play LMS 24/7 when only 1 person can win. At least with Raids it's everyone who participates in the raid gets a completion.
The concern is were going to see another CW situation of boosting happening hard-core.

Personally I think 1k is wayyyy to much on a server our size.
I agree. This is a perfect example of content that doesn't need to be 1:1 osrs. We need to tailor it to our playerbase or it will be DOA. Maybe its just lowering the Wins needed for each cape. Maybe 1k kills instead of 1k wins.
I like the idea of it being based on kills rather than wins.

Iron adam
Event Coordinator

Post by Iron adam » Sun Jul 23, 2023 2:52 am

Vengeance carries into the LMS game if you cast it before you enter.

IGN: Iron Adam

Brant
Fanatic

Post by Brant » Sun Jul 23, 2023 3:02 am

Iron adam wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 2:52 am Vengeance carries into the LMS game if you cast it before you enter.

IGN: Iron Adam
I feel like that shouldn't be a bug to get fixed.

Iron adam
Event Coordinator

Post by Iron adam » Sun Jul 23, 2023 11:07 pm

Not necessarily a bug, just something interesting to consider:

This is how easily it will be for some of us to convert cash into vials. I have about 2m potions on the live server. In a few clicks, I can essentially buy 6m vials for 2500 each.
Spoiler: show

Iron adam
Event Coordinator

Post by Iron adam » Sun Jul 23, 2023 11:39 pm

This ladder doesn't work. Not sure if this is intentional or not.

Spam clicking this ladder prevents anyone from attacking you. Maybe we should add a 1-2 tick cooldown on using it? Not sure if thats the best solution.
Last edited by Iron adam on Mon Jul 24, 2023 3:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Iron adam
Event Coordinator

Post by Iron adam » Mon Jul 24, 2023 12:45 am

Loot Keys can be stored in CoX chest and GE Sell offers.

I stored 5 Loot keys in the GE on one account. Then went to the wilderness and died to another account. The second account did obtain 5 keys with the items that were in my keys. I kept the physical keys on the first account but they have a value of 0. So no dupe here, but a weird interaction that should probably be prevented. I recommend we prevent creating sell offers for loot keys and prevent bringing loot keys into CoX.
Now, when the first account stores their 5 empty keys in the GE or CoX and then kills the second account (who has 5 loot keys with value). The first account ends up with two sets of keys. Each key with the same ID states that it contains the same value as the other. But opening the Loot chest does nothing (presumably because the game doesn't know how to handle 10 keys in the inventory). Having only 2 keys with the same item ID will show the interface for claiming items, but it is bugged out and you cant take out items in some cases.
Last edited by Iron adam on Mon Jul 24, 2023 3:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Iron adam
Event Coordinator

Post by Iron adam » Mon Jul 24, 2023 12:48 am

The Loot interface doesn't have a background. It is also missing the bank all and/or withdraw all buttons.

Raj
Developer

Post by Raj » Mon Jul 24, 2023 6:06 am

Iron adam wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 12:48 am The Loot interface doesn't have a background. It is also missing the bank all and/or withdraw all buttons.
@Nazuths

Edit:
Fixed the following
  • Burning amulet will now show warning messages
  • Loot keys can't be listed on the GE or put in COX storage
  • Loot key interface (requires a client restart to take effect)

Nazuths
Developer

Post by Nazuths » Mon Jul 24, 2023 8:26 pm

The following changes have now been made to the test server:
  • You can now use a Larran's key on the Larran's chest to open it, same goes for Loot keys on the Loot chest
  • Pre-casted vengeance is now disabled upon starting a game of LMS
  • Victor's cape requirements were changed to kills instead of wins
  • All ship's ladders now function properly, a 2 tick delay was added to using these ladders

More thoughts on this post are welcome, vials are essentially useless and they're also valued at 2,500 gp for this sake.
Iron adam wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 11:07 pm Not necessarily a bug, just something interesting to consider:

This is how easily it will be for some of us to convert cash into vials. I have about 2m potions on the live server. In a few clicks, I can essentially buy 6m vials for 2500 each.

Hc kassa

Post by Hc kassa » Mon Jul 24, 2023 8:49 pm

Nazuths wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 8:26 pm The following changes have now been made to the test server:
  • You can now use a Larran's key on the Larran's chest to open it, same goes for Loot keys on the Loot chest
  • Pre-casted vengeance is now disabled upon starting a game of LMS
  • Victor's cape requirements were changed to kills instead of wins
  • All ship's ladders now function properly, a 2 tick delay was added to using these ladders
Good job with the Victor's cape requirements! I'll be seeing you on the leaderboard :lol: