Second LMS & wilderness changes bughunter contest

All of PkHonor's news will be posted here.
Im on meth
Premium Donator

Re: Second LMS & wilderness changes bughunter contest

Post by Im on meth » Mon Jul 24, 2023 9:24 pm

1) Says minimum required players is 4 but can start a game with 2 (can also go in a game on multiple accounts at the same time for easy boosting, maybe add an IP restriction like Castle Wars has?)
2) Turning on or off quick-prayers always says "Redemption prayer is not available in Last Man Standing" in the chatbox
3) The ladders don't function within LMS
4) Certain dropped items do not show for other players

Nazuths
Developer

Post by Nazuths » Mon Jul 24, 2023 9:59 pm

Im on meth wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 9:24 pm 1) Says minimum required players is 4 but can start a game with 2 (can also go in a game on multiple accounts at the same time for easy boosting, maybe add an IP restriction like Castle Wars has?)
2) Turning on or off quick-prayers always says "Redemption prayer is not available in Last Man Standing" in the chatbox
Point 1 is done on purpose for testing, could you specify on the dropped items that should show up for other players?

Will look into point 2 and 3 later

Im on meth
Premium Donator

Post by Im on meth » Mon Jul 24, 2023 10:07 pm

Nazuths wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 9:59 pm
Im on meth wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 9:24 pm 1) Says minimum required players is 4 but can start a game with 2 (can also go in a game on multiple accounts at the same time for easy boosting, maybe add an IP restriction like Castle Wars has?)
Point 1 is done on purpose for testing, could you specify on the dropped items that should show up for other players?

Will look into point 2 and 3 later
Wonderful, thanks for clarifying 1.

For #4, I dropped a Zuriel's Staff from a chest and it did not show for other players while whip did. All the upgraded items as a reward from the chest should be visible to others if I choose not to keep them.

5) After killing a player, your inventory sometimes does not reset food/potion-wise.
6) Players cannot access the chest to my south in this screenshot
20230724_162640.png
7) If one of the last players dies to Fog, the last player does not get teleported out.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Im on meth on Mon Jul 24, 2023 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hc kassa

Post by Hc kassa » Mon Jul 24, 2023 10:55 pm

We got teleported in 1vs1, I won the fight and now I'm stuck here:
https://gyazo.com/9288e9d40a8e402fae2767c9a91c4b47

- You are still frozen if you win and you get teleported out.
Last edited by Hc kassa on Mon Jul 24, 2023 11:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Lil ryan
Premium Donator

Post by Lil ryan » Mon Jul 24, 2023 11:07 pm

Within 10 minutes i come across some bugs, firstly i smuggled out a bloodier key!

1/2) Bloodier key, since i did most damage to moyo. i was still killed and was in spawn. Since Outguhn took over and finished the kill but due to me being outside i got the key smuggled out + i also got 1 kc even though i already fainted and was sent outside. 2 bugs were found, when ur outside you can smuggle the key and get kc when u failed and no longer in.

2) secondly, when you die i was will still frozen and plus once the last player wins, if they was frozen within the minigame they are still continued to be frozen untill the time runs out.
@Nazuths i have messaged you on discord proof of this

3) When opening the chest, i would sometimes struggle to open it. Meaning the key wasn't registering a click or motivate of wanting to open.

4) I was able to move around during to countdown. i was free able to move around before time and being allowed to move (If you click enough and spam it forced me to click, was clicking entities such as trees and so on.)

5) When person (a) lil ryan does most damage to (b) bankassadin. However bank wins fight or a gets away. Then (c) moyo fights (b) and c then wins. Player (a) receives the key

6) Latest bugs, However you have set a value more then 0 to start claiming keys. I think moving forward this should just accept all items and not needing to set a value.

7) Lootcrates dont seem to be very positive of showing, when they drop.

8) safe zone didnt course me any damage if user doesnt move from the spot when safe zone kicks in. I was frozen and then area kicked in and i took no damage till moving

9) Elo pops up which is from bh.

10) min 4 but allows to start the game at 2

11) sack from the lms shop dont seems to always work, i had spam click for vengeance sack to register

12) if a and b fight, i still someone how smuggled out a key and food. And then are boi fungamer still game out on top with collecting free loot the hacker. as he never had a fight.

13) Hc can die but i didnt loose my hc sign untill logged off. Believe the change in wilderness and key changes the effect or how it works

14) During lms we tried edge pking, and banks was key holder of 2 keys. then Fungamer, kill bank collecting 3 kills i then kill fungamer. And since bank died and was afk at edge he receive all keys. however last person being lil ryan should of collected all keys.

15) My opponent recieved a heavy ballista. Hit constant 40s and 50s, never low and it alot quicker then it should be in general.

16) You get a constant spam of magical force stop you moving. this can be done when trying to spec/whip and so on
Last edited by Lil ryan on Tue Jul 25, 2023 12:50 am, edited 5 times in total.

Moyo
Premium Donator

Post by Moyo » Mon Jul 24, 2023 11:20 pm

ok as your #1 lms player i have some issues to report.

1. loot chest did not want to open with a bloodier key. dropping the key and picking it up fixed the issue.
2. able to smuggle out key
3. start timer is 6 seconds. 10 seconds on osrs is fine because you have to pot up. sara, restore, combat, range
4. no arrows that point you towards end zone.
5. loot crates not displayed in yellow ontop of chat box, easily missed in game chat black text.
6. endzone i believe needs to be displayed longer if we have no arrows, mini map would help because people don't know loc of places.
7. stairs by the knight castle endzone do not work.
8. pathing glitche in knight castle endzone, able to clip through wall.
9. seems like if you take long enough, killing the last player keeps the survivor count as 2 and you're stuck in the game.
10. dropped food should de-spawn quick like in osrs

that's just in like 3 games so give me some more time and i'll report back.

Fungamer
Developer

Post by Fungamer » Mon Jul 24, 2023 11:23 pm

Spoiler: show
So uh, this happened when I logged on. JAR Client. I am unable to click the ground to move around, but I can click the minimap to move.
EDIT: The JAR of the portable client seems fine

Other bugs I've found so far:

#1 For some reason the Doomsayer is now an NPC named Lovada. EDIT: Only on the .JAR
#2 On the .JAR there seem to be random crates strewn around:
I'll stop reporting on the JAR now, seems like the entire cache is just fucked.

#3 You are able to thieve through the walls of the rogue fortress, dunno if this is new or not.

IGN: Fungamer

Im on meth
Premium Donator

Post by Im on meth » Mon Jul 24, 2023 11:26 pm

Loot keys only work if the value is changed to something other than 0

Fungamer
Developer

Post by Fungamer » Mon Jul 24, 2023 11:46 pm

GAMEBREAKING/MASSIVE EXPLOIT

Mods can ::gohome people/themselves out of LMS to smuggle out items. This is absolutely gamebreaking & can lead to so much stuff getting into the game. This also leaves other players stuck there. The player that is teleported out also seems to still get notifications about the fog and what not. The player can trade items over. When the stuck players eventually relog/die, the player that was gohomed out ALSO gets the win, although no points.

Same thing applies for jails, and probably bans (haven't tested bans)

EDIT: Banning works as intended.

Fungamer
Developer

Post by Fungamer » Mon Jul 24, 2023 11:54 pm

Players can follow a person through barriers/walls if they're standing 1 tile apart. This is an old bug, and as much as I love playing with it since it's also a source for countless of other minor bugs (usually with an honor) to get to spots, this shouldn't be a thing with LMS. It can be abused to allow players to escape the fog by walking through walls/fences/whatever rather than running around. I can give a more in-depth demonstration of this bug if needed.