Helper Re-Work: Update!

Discuss anything and everything about PkHonor.
Ryan
Staff Manager

Helper Re-Work: Update!

Post by Ryan » Sun Jul 02, 2023 5:13 am

Hello,

So, as previously discussed here (viewtopic.php?f=26&t=86317), we've decided to make a few changes to the helper rank and how it will work. Today, as some of you may have already seen, Mike released an Live server update that included a minor changes related to helpers. Which are;
Helpers no longer have a limit on how often they can yell.
Helpers will now show up on the ::staff list.
Helpers now have a global 3% XP bonus.
As well as smaller behind the scenes additions such as;
10 Hour minimum activity requirement
Helper Application Process
This coupled with a new helper application format, will kickstart the ongoing changes we plan on making over time. But yes, you heard correctly, we are now accepting applications for the helper rank. With regards to questions such as 'What do I need to apply?' a thread will be posted shortly outlining the application process, as well as the format you will need to use when applying for the position. Obviously there was more included in the proposed changes to the rank, we will potentially be making more changes in the future, but a few things need to be ironed out prior to releasing anything further.

The application process will involve community opinion of course, but please try to keep in mind, they aren't applying for a moderator position, so the requirements will be less and they shouldn't be scrutinized 'AS" much. But yeah, anyway, the update is now live, and the new application format has just been posted. So please, if you feel you're suitable for the rank, apply and see how things go!

Any questions, as always post here or ask me personally. I'd love to hear opinions on the changes.

Thanks,

Ryan.

Nazuths
Developer

Re: Helper Re-Work: Update!

Post by Nazuths » Sun Jul 02, 2023 10:42 am

Are Helpers allowed to AFK?

Ryan
Staff Manager

Post by Ryan » Sun Jul 02, 2023 11:54 am

Nazuths wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2023 10:42 am Are Helpers allowed to AFK?
Do you mean can they step away from their PC for 10 minutes? Or can they log in and stay logged in for 130 hours straight sitting on an afk chair?

Reasonable afking is acceptable, the latter will not be.

The underdog
Premium Donator

Post by The underdog » Sun Jul 02, 2023 1:29 pm

Are permanent mutes a problem to apply? Asking for a friend.
#Justice4Church
#DemoteRyanHeResigned
#capes2presets2k18

Fungamer
Developer

Post by Fungamer » Sun Jul 02, 2023 8:30 pm

:thumbsup:

Iron adam
Event Coordinator

Post by Iron adam » Mon Jul 03, 2023 6:42 pm

Ryan wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2023 11:54 am
Do you mean can they step away from their PC for 10 minutes? Or can they log in and stay logged in for 130 hours straight sitting on an afk chair?

Rest in Peace @Juntow

Juntow
Premium Donator

Post by Juntow » Mon Jul 03, 2023 9:48 pm

:shock: :shock:
Iron adam wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 6:42 pm
Ryan wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2023 11:54 am

Rest in Peace @Juntow
PkHonor's #1 Role Player and Servicer

[Verified] Fast, Efficient, Trusted Services endorsed by former and current PkHonor Staff members (Legally Binding).
⬇ ⬇ ⬇

Empty
Honor Player

Post by Empty » Thu Jul 06, 2023 2:24 pm

Ryan wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2023 11:54 am Reasonable afking is acceptable, the latter will not be.
Does this also now apply to staff members or just helpers?
would be cool to be able to rely on the staff members shown in ::staff always instead of receiving a response 10 hours later if at all.

Church
Premium Donator

Post by Church » Thu Jul 06, 2023 3:55 pm

Empty wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 2:24 pm
Ryan wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2023 11:54 am Reasonable afking is acceptable, the latter will not be.
Does this also now apply to staff members or just helpers?
would be cool to be able to rely on the staff members shown in ::staff always instead of receiving a response 10 hours later if at all.
This has always been the case. To the best of my knowledge we don't have any serial extreme afkers, just people (like me) who occasionally walk away from their PC without logging out.

If you feel like staff members are afk more often than not feel free to use the report a staff member section or let Ryan know.

Empty
Honor Player

Post by Empty » Thu Jul 06, 2023 4:18 pm

Church wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 3:55 pm This has always been the case. To the best of my knowledge we don't have any serial extreme afkers, just people (like me) who occasionally walk away from their PC without logging out.

If you feel like staff members are afk more often than not feel free to use the report a staff member section or let Ryan know.
This was not a bash at anybody this time, i just feel like staff members are quite often AFK for decently long durations of time and therefore many questions remain unanswered