NEED URGENT HELP

Having a problem on the server? Post it here.
Empty
Honor Player

NEED URGENT HELP

Post by Empty » Fri Jun 30, 2023 1:36 pm

I AM IN NEED OF URGENT HELP REAL QUICK I'M BEING ABUSED VERY HARD FOR A FEW @'S I DID ON DISCORD pics for reference.....
Spoiler: show
Context: I was perma ip-muted and ip-banned for this?

Empty
Honor Player

Re: NEED URGENT HELP

Post by Empty » Fri Jun 30, 2023 1:40 pm

why not disable @'s on the discord if you are being such a snowflake as church is lol.. 24hour timeout for an @ with no malicious intents

Empty
Honor Player

Post by Empty » Fri Jun 30, 2023 1:45 pm

MORE CONTEXT: First timeout was permanent so i decided to avoid it by rejoining to know whats up but yea this next one is 24h which is whatever to be fairr just ca ringaaaaaa

Empty
Honor Player

Post by Empty » Fri Jun 30, 2023 1:46 pm

anyone able to help me?
@Mike @Rapsey @Church @Jayden

Silliekill
Honor Player

Post by Silliekill » Fri Jun 30, 2023 2:34 pm

Cringe

Church
Premium Donator

Post by Church » Fri Jun 30, 2023 3:39 pm

The first one wasn't permanent.

We shouldn't have to disable @'s cause you can't stop yourself from being childish, so instead people who abuse them will be automatically muted by the bot I recently added.

Empty
Honor Player

Post by Empty » Fri Jun 30, 2023 3:52 pm

Church wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 3:39 pm The first one wasn't permanent.

We shouldn't have to disable @'s cause you can't stop yourself from being childish, so instead people who abuse them will be automatically muted by the bot I recently added.
Literally first time doing so as a joke (aside from the other times in the past where you've told me to stop and i've stopped)
You could've instead warned me and told me to stop lol

+ the first timeout didn't show any time in my chatbox like this current one does so i just assumed it was permanent as they usually TEND to show the duration, but since you say it wasn't i believe that and deeply apologize!

What i don't understand also is that staff members most frequently suggest players to use the ignore list on other players that are bugging them, but when it comes to discord the staff members are entitled to do anything they wish instead of using the block option or disable notifications.
As seen in this instance lol..

but yea long story short i just feel like the 24 hour timeout is a little bit of an exaggeration and unfair especially without the warning.

After taking a look at the chat again, I noticed that Jayden told me to stop, which I did and still after that you've timed me out??

Fungamer
Developer

Post by Fungamer » Fri Jun 30, 2023 4:19 pm

Empty wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 3:52 pm Literally first time doing so as a joke (aside from the other times in the past where you've told me to stop and i've stopped)
You could've instead warned me and told me to stop lol

Translated:
I acted like an annoying little shit, got told to stop, stopped, acted like one again, got told to stop again, stopped, acted like one again, now I'm surprised my actions have consequences rather than being told to stop again
Listen man. Stop @ing people/roles for no reason. You know it's spam, so stop whining. You're not going to pkh-lawyer your way out of this. That doesn't apply to only you, but to everyone who's been doing it the past few months.

@ing is still enabled because there are legit reasons to @ a role. If you want to be blocked by the entire staff team instead of timed out, fine by me, but don't be surprised when nobody responds when there is a legit issue. This is literally a "boy who cried wolf" scenario. The alternative is having some mutual respect and not @ing roles when it isn't needed.

We've briefly discussed ingame punishments because these useless @'s were getting on everyones nerves. We settled on just timing out & kicking/banning from the discord if it gets too bad.
The extra timeout was likely due to the carl bot only timing out for a very short time to prevent ping spam. It's not set up properly yet.

Locked, this thread is only here to create drama. Feel free to report any staff member if you believe your timeout was unjust.