Nex Gear Rebalancing Poll

PkHonor's work in progress and future updates will be posted here.

Poll

Rebalance Torva as outlined
6%
Don't rebalance Torva as outlined
6%
If Torva is rebalanced, remove the HP boost
2%
If Torva is rebalanced, don't remove the HP boost
8%
If Torva is rebalanced, remove the accuracy boost outside GWD
1%
If Torva is rebalanced, don't remove the accuracy boost outside GWD
9%
Rebalance Virtus as outlined
6%
Don't rebalance Virtus as outlined
6%
If Virtus is rebalanced, remove the HP boost
1%
If Virtus is rebalanced, don't remove the HP boost
9%
If Virtus is rebalanced, remove the accuracy boost outside GWD
1%
If Virtus is rebalanced, don't remove the accuracy boost outside GWD
8%
If Virtus is rebalanced, add the extra damage boost when using Ancient Magicks
7%
If Virtus is rebalanced, don't add the extra damage boost when using Ancient Magicks
1%
Rebalance Pernix as outlined
7%
Don't rebalance Pernix as outlined
5%
If Pernix is rebalanced, remove the HP boost
2%
If Pernix is rebalanced, don't remove the HP boost
7%
If Pernix is rebalanced, remove the accuracy boost outside GWD
1%
If Pernix is rebalanced, don't remove the accuracy boost outside GWD
9%

Total votes: 345

Raj
Developer

Nex Gear Rebalancing Poll

Post by Raj » Thu Jun 29, 2023 8:27 am

Hello gamers,

The question has come up of whether we should rebalance Nex gear to match OSRS stats and effects.

A summary of our current Nex gear can be found here: https://wiki.pkhonor.net/items/nex_gear

Torva:
Spoiler: show
Current stats:

Proposed stats (https://oldschool.runescape.wiki/w/Torva_armour):
Virtus:
Current stats:

Proposed stats (https://oldschool.runescape.wiki/w/Virtus_robes):
Pernix:

Pernix is slightly different from the others, as it would be receiving a large and obvious buff. The goal is to match the stats of OSRS ranged gear until ToA can be released, which may take some time due to needing major client upgrades. When the issues blocking progress on ToA are eventually resolved, Pernix would be reverted to its original stats.
Additionally:
  • For rebalanced armor, should the buff to hitpoints be kept or removed?
  • Should the full set accuracy boost for the Nex sets be kept or removed?

I know the poll is a bit of a pain, but please vote on it, thanks everyone.

Raj
Developer

Re: Nex Gear Rebalancing Poll

Post by Raj » Thu Jun 29, 2023 8:29 am

Just my take as a player, and as a dev, I think we should make everything match OSRS as closely as possible so that balancing doesn't need special handling, and content can be engaging for players with and without Nex gear. That means removing the HP buffs, and rebalancing the bonuses to match OSRS. But we will leave it to the poll. Just my 2 cents

Attack like
Honor Player

Post by Attack like » Thu Jun 29, 2023 8:32 am

zzz keep nex armor the same

Akuizm
Premium Donator

Post by Akuizm » Thu Jun 29, 2023 10:09 am

Attack like wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 8:32 am zzz keep nex armor the same
I'm ok with keeping everything the same.

Empty
Honor Player

Post by Empty » Thu Jun 29, 2023 1:02 pm

match torva with osrs torva, BUT reduce the current hp boost that it gives by 50% as the game is already so AFKable for the late game players with soul capes and stuff, i think -50% would be a sweet spot, can be also adjusted later if that doesnt seem to do much.

I'd like virtus to be nerfed aswell as pernix by say 15% this would make getting druidic/ancestral great incentive and upcoming masori #soon.

Having full pernix with a ZCB that will soon be released (with the current pernix stats) just seems a litte bit too op for my taste.

:prayge:

Nolan
Honor Player

Post by Nolan » Thu Jun 29, 2023 1:44 pm

Empty wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 1:02 pm match torva with osrs torva, BUT reduce the current hp boost that it gives by 50% as the game is already so AFKable for the late game players with soul capes and stuff, i think -50% would be a sweet spot, can be also adjusted later if that doesnt seem to do much.
Agree.

Uim killerb
Premium Donator

Post by Uim killerb » Thu Jun 29, 2023 3:31 pm

i dont like idea of makeing nex "harder" but make the gear worse

Fungamer
Developer

Post by Fungamer » Thu Jun 29, 2023 4:59 pm

I'm not in favor of many nerfs. We're an RSPS and I like the fact that we have the whole HP boost and accuracy boost. Nex/Raids gear is (and has to be) the best gear available. I'm okay with swapping things around to match the general feel of OSRS (e.g making torva more focussed on offense, but then also buffing justiciar(?) to match what torva is right now), but we will never be able to have things be 1:1 like OSRS and have it feel good without completely rebalancing every single piece of gear including customs and enchanted comp cape and tackle overloads and super prayers. And if that happened, the majority of the playerbase might as well play Leagues or a "better server" since we'd be becoming one of the many OSRS clones where we just level up faster and have a donator store rather than PKH giving a unique spin on what OSRS is. "OP" stuff is fine as long as we don't have AK47's.

It's not like high tier content can be completely skipped or AFKed right now. Sure you can AFK most slayer mobs and sort of AFK GWD if you're in BiS. Who gives a shit. Let more bandos come into the game so more people will bandos risk lmao. It already takes an hour for a new player to grind gear for 1 dh fight where he's going to get shat on by someone with curses.
Maybe you wont have to do an extra phase of clicking the same exact tiles a few times or change prayers/swap gear, but again who gives a shit besides the nerds who think PKH is OSRS.

When you reach that point where you're OP, you've sunk 500-1k+ hours into the server and deserve strong stuff. At that point you're out of interesting challenges that aren't "grind 49495t cash and click mahogany bench 5000000 times". Taking away fun stuff & making reaching those 500-1k+ hours less motivating for others isn't going to fix that empty feeling you get when playing a game you've essentially beaten. In the past I would've never grinded GP to get premium with the cool bonuses because all the cool kids were on yell. I would've never bothered grinding cash for my first custom whip if I didn't see people have an easier time doing slayer. I wouldn't have gotten all the xp for ench comp if it wasn't for other, better players going BRRRRRRRR with blowpipe. I would've never bothered learning ToB or CoX rooms if PKH didn't offer "training wheels" like customs and strong nex gear. And I'm definitely not the only one.

Not like anyone is stopping the people complaining about strong gear from doing raids in barrows/gwd gear, regular tent whip and max cape. As long as the strong gear remains balanced in pvp its fine 👍
Uim killerb wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 3:31 pm i dont like idea of makeing nex "harder" but make the gear worse
Agreed. Nex went from super-accessible for anyone to having to set up a team and/or learn solo mechanics. Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe irons will still have to solo nex with WIM. Irons will have a very hard time getting items that, though not super easy (still took a lot of grinding), were far easier to get in the past.

/Rant

Will be ok2
Premium Donator

Post by Will be ok2 » Thu Jun 29, 2023 5:12 pm

Seems like the overwhelming support goes to leaving it as it is and not needing it

Raj
Developer

Post by Raj » Thu Jun 29, 2023 7:02 pm

Fungamer wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 4:59 pm I'm not in favor of many nerfs.
Technically these would all be DPS buffs and nerfs to the defensive stats (except Pernix, which would just be completely buffed)
Fungamer wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 4:59 pm Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe irons will still have to solo nex with WIM.
You are wrong
Uim killerb wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 3:31 pm i dont like idea of makeing nex "harder" but make the gear worse
So the issue is like, say Nex's special attacks have their max hit of like 60-70 they have on OSRS. In Torva, with your 50 HP boost, this leaves an 80 HP buffer, meaning you can legitimately tank 2 back to back special attacks, AFK with souls for a bit, and be fine. At 99 HP, or even 110, tanking 2 back to back 70's is just not happening. The issue is that people fundamentally do not want the gear to be worse. So the solution is to make Nex hit higher. We can simply not solve the issue, but at that point,why even add mechanics to any bosses at all, just make the game an idle loot spawner and call it a day.