Nex Gear Rebalancing Poll

PkHonor's work in progress and future updates will be posted here.

Poll

Rebalance Torva as outlined
6%
Don't rebalance Torva as outlined
6%
If Torva is rebalanced, remove the HP boost
2%
If Torva is rebalanced, don't remove the HP boost
8%
If Torva is rebalanced, remove the accuracy boost outside GWD
1%
If Torva is rebalanced, don't remove the accuracy boost outside GWD
9%
Rebalance Virtus as outlined
6%
Don't rebalance Virtus as outlined
6%
If Virtus is rebalanced, remove the HP boost
1%
If Virtus is rebalanced, don't remove the HP boost
9%
If Virtus is rebalanced, remove the accuracy boost outside GWD
1%
If Virtus is rebalanced, don't remove the accuracy boost outside GWD
8%
If Virtus is rebalanced, add the extra damage boost when using Ancient Magicks
7%
If Virtus is rebalanced, don't add the extra damage boost when using Ancient Magicks
1%
Rebalance Pernix as outlined
7%
Don't rebalance Pernix as outlined
5%
If Pernix is rebalanced, remove the HP boost
2%
If Pernix is rebalanced, don't remove the HP boost
7%
If Pernix is rebalanced, remove the accuracy boost outside GWD
1%
If Pernix is rebalanced, don't remove the accuracy boost outside GWD
9%

Total votes: 345

Kenneth
Honor Player

Re: Nex Gear Rebalancing Poll

Post by Kenneth » Fri Jun 30, 2023 7:34 pm

Declan harp wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 4:58 pm True (defensive wise speaking) but then you lose the bonus health, accuracy bonus and strength bonus that torva the way it is allready provides.
so not only would you be risking getting ko'd faster, you would also have way less dps then using torva. All that for a slight improvement of defence compared to torva the way it is now. Not to mention that the dps gap between comps and non comps would be bigger then ever at like for example nex if justicar would become bis for non comp users.
Justiciar has the same health bonus. The goal of the rework is making diffrent armour sets have bis uses instead of there being only a singular option. This is more healthy for game design and opens the door for more content in the future. The dps difference isn't as drastic as you think it is either.

Silliekill
Honor Player

Post by Silliekill » Fri Jun 30, 2023 8:32 pm

To be honest, I'm all down to nerf the health part of torva in order to buff the offensive side of it. Rewards skills but can punish harder, also gives justiciar a place in the pvm scene.

The underdog
Premium Donator

Post by The underdog » Sat Jul 01, 2023 11:12 am

Might be wrong but I think the accuracy boost was added to compensate for not having the health boost in the wilderness. Losing the accuracy probably still accounts for a nerf in situations where your opponent whether it's an npc or player has higher defence. All the while you lose dps by getting hit harder by your opponent because of ur lower defence which also loses dps.

You clap anything around that has lower defence though so I suppose it's better end game gear after all.

Guess I'm fine with whatever, I'll use it wherever it's bis and otherwise never use it. I just don't like artificially forcing stuff to find a place in the meta.
#Justice4Church
#DemoteRyanHeResigned
#capes2presets2k18

Iron ra
Premium Donator

Post by Iron ra » Sun Jul 09, 2023 2:22 am

This failed before why would it be successful now? I loved the idea for breaking down arma/bandos for torva or future masori gear just to get rid of the absurd amount of arma and bandos sets there is, dont completely override things. Introduce new content like toa and add in masori to be better than pernix dps wise, same with twisted ancestral its only better dps wise.. and just add an upgrade to torva to give it the osrs strength bonus.. Dont take from whats been here for years and years. Theres already this new nex that majority will come to hate especially irons when you get fuck all for bolts and arrow tips. Add arrow tips to brimstone keys add larrans keys add something for them to maintain the absurd amount of ammo being used at nex. Also rework comp to compensate arrows/bolts better it seems very shit compared to just a reg vorki bag.