Nex Gear Rebalancing Poll

PkHonor's work in progress and future updates will be posted here.

Poll

Rebalance Torva as outlined
6%
Don't rebalance Torva as outlined
6%
If Torva is rebalanced, remove the HP boost
2%
If Torva is rebalanced, don't remove the HP boost
8%
If Torva is rebalanced, remove the accuracy boost outside GWD
1%
If Torva is rebalanced, don't remove the accuracy boost outside GWD
9%
Rebalance Virtus as outlined
6%
Don't rebalance Virtus as outlined
6%
If Virtus is rebalanced, remove the HP boost
1%
If Virtus is rebalanced, don't remove the HP boost
9%
If Virtus is rebalanced, remove the accuracy boost outside GWD
1%
If Virtus is rebalanced, don't remove the accuracy boost outside GWD
8%
If Virtus is rebalanced, add the extra damage boost when using Ancient Magicks
7%
If Virtus is rebalanced, don't add the extra damage boost when using Ancient Magicks
1%
Rebalance Pernix as outlined
7%
Don't rebalance Pernix as outlined
5%
If Pernix is rebalanced, remove the HP boost
2%
If Pernix is rebalanced, don't remove the HP boost
7%
If Pernix is rebalanced, remove the accuracy boost outside GWD
1%
If Pernix is rebalanced, don't remove the accuracy boost outside GWD
9%

Total votes: 345

Pk gts
Honor Player

Re: Nex Gear Rebalancing Poll

Post by Pk gts » Thu Jun 29, 2023 7:07 pm

as long as nex give hp boost i dont see why to grind other sets from newer content

Silliekill
Honor Player

Post by Silliekill » Thu Jun 29, 2023 7:42 pm

People see any change an they’ll vote no :copium:

Respire1337
Premium Donator

Post by Respire1337 » Thu Jun 29, 2023 10:48 pm

Silliekill wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 7:42 pm People see any change an they’ll vote no :copium:
Ikr? People look at something called "change" or "rework" and they automatically think is a nerf :zoidberg:

Trading 50 defence bonuses for double the strength makes torva even more bis offensively and opens up the "bis tank gear" title for the justiciar armor.
A TORVA WITH LOWER DEFENCE AND MORE STRENGTH AND THE SAME OTHER PERKS IS A B U F F

Fungamer
Developer

Post by Fungamer » Thu Jun 29, 2023 11:11 pm

Respire1337 wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 10:48 pm
Silliekill wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 7:42 pm People see any change an they’ll vote no :copium:
Ikr? People look at something called "change" or "rework" and they automatically think is a nerf :zoidberg:

Trading 50 defence bonuses for double the strength makes torva even more bis offensively and opens up the "bis tank gear" title for the justiciar armor.
A TORVA WITH LOWER DEFENCE AND MORE STRENGTH AND THE SAME OTHER PERKS IS A B U F F
Maybe people dont want a buff or a nerf

Sorazery
Premium Donator

Post by Sorazery » Thu Jun 29, 2023 11:55 pm

update the gear to look osrs, osrs looks funny

Sniper wolf
Premium Donator

Post by Sniper wolf » Fri Jun 30, 2023 2:57 am

Remove the set bonuses and add the new damage buffs, keep the hp. The new defense bonuses don't matter anyways all high level npc hit through any bonuses.

Kenneth
Honor Player

Post by Kenneth » Fri Jun 30, 2023 6:17 am

Raj wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 7:02 pm
Fungamer wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 4:59 pm I'm not in favor of many nerfs.
Technically these would all be DPS buffs and nerfs to the defensive stats (except Pernix, which would just be completely buffed)
Fungamer wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 4:59 pm Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe irons will still have to solo nex with WIM.
You are wrong
Uim killerb wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 3:31 pm i dont like idea of makeing nex "harder" but make the gear worse
So the issue is like, say Nex's special attacks have their max hit of like 60-70 they have on OSRS. In Torva, with your 50 HP boost, this leaves an 80 HP buffer, meaning you can legitimately tank 2 back to back special attacks, AFK with souls for a bit, and be fine. At 99 HP, or even 110, tanking 2 back to back 70's is just not happening. The issue is that people fundamentally do not want the gear to be worse. So the solution is to make Nex hit higher. We can simply not solve the issue, but at that point,why even add mechanics to any bosses at all, just make the game an idle loot spawner and call it a day.
Preach! Sounds like people don't even enjoy playing the game if all they wanna do is afk. Quit catering to people that hate playing.

Declan harp
Premium Donator

Post by Declan harp » Fri Jun 30, 2023 2:38 pm

I can't help but feel like this is going to be a buff for al the comp cape users and a nerf for everyone who isn't comped against strong bosses (from new players to players who invested 100's of hours) . The defencive nerfs almost mean nothing because of the dps comp capes can put out (with souls and chaos + the offensive buffs), but for the player who just reached torva (or where torva and other nex items is there go to) these defensive nerfs will hit really hard i think at the strong bosses. For some bosses it's allready really hard for non comps to manage because they get hit so hard.

The players whitout comp can't enjoy the dps buffs if they have to sip 5x more brews every kill (where as the comp capes can because of the chaos+souls comp effect + dps buff).

So end game is being buffed and early to mid game is where the damage happens. Is this really what we need to attract (or keep) new and non comp players for the long run?

yes i know this will be a buff for non comp cape users to at the lower level bosses.

I can be wrong but if so, can someone explain it to me? (sorry the english isn't great)

Kenneth
Honor Player

Post by Kenneth » Fri Jun 30, 2023 4:21 pm

Declan harp wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 2:38 pm I can't help but feel like this is going to be a buff for al the comp cape users and a nerf for everyone who isn't comped against strong bosses (from new players to players who invested 100's of hours) . The defencive nerfs almost mean nothing because of the dps comp capes can put out (with souls and chaos + the offensive buffs), but for the player who just reached torva (or where torva and other nex items is there go to) these defensive nerfs will hit really hard i think at the strong bosses. For some bosses it's allready really hard for non comps to manage because they get hit so hard.

The players whitout comp can't enjoy the dps buffs if they have to sip 5x more brews every kill (where as the comp capes can because of the chaos+souls comp effect + dps buff).

So end game is being buffed and early to mid game is where the damage happens. Is this really what we need to attract (or keep) new and non comp players for the long run?

yes i know this will be a buff for non comp cape users to at the lower level bosses.

I can be wrong but if so, can someone explain it to me? (sorry the english isn't great)
Justiciar would fill that void and its cheaper.

Declan harp
Premium Donator

Post by Declan harp » Fri Jun 30, 2023 4:58 pm

True (defensive wise speaking) but then you lose the bonus health, accuracy bonus and strength bonus that torva the way it is allready provides.
so not only would you be risking getting ko'd faster, you would also have way less dps then using torva. All that for a slight improvement of defence compared to torva the way it is now. Not to mention that the dps gap between comps and non comps would be bigger then ever at like for example nex if justicar would become bis for non comp users.