Nex rework & instances testserver released

All of PkHonor's news will be posted here.
Nolan
Honor Player

Re: Nex rework & instances testserver released

Post by Nolan » Fri Jun 23, 2023 11:40 pm

Iron adam wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 11:35 pm I agree about the impling XP rates. If these are going to change, then Puro Puro needs some updates. Remove the wheat barriers and add 2x the impling spawn locations.
Kingly XP and drops are well balanced as is in comparison to the rest of the skill. Increasing drop rate shouldn't be done, they give plenty of loot as is.

As for Dragon and Pirate, I agree that dragon claw drop rate needs doubled, but the XP difference should correlate to their level requirement in respect to Kingly, being the highest level requirement.

Raj
Developer

Post by Raj » Fri Jun 23, 2023 11:46 pm

Iron adam wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 11:35 pm I agree about the impling XP rates. If these are going to change, then Puro Puro needs some updates. Remove the wheat barriers and add 2x the impling spawn locations.
Forgot to add a thing to the write up. Puro puro is now (optionally) instanced. Check out the portal in the area

Iron adam
Event Coordinator

Post by Iron adam » Fri Jun 23, 2023 11:58 pm

Nolan wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 11:40 pm
Kingly XP and drops are well balanced as is in comparison to the rest of the skill. Increasing drop rate shouldn't be done, they give plenty of loot as is.

As for Dragon and Pirate, I agree that dragon claw drop rate needs doubled, but the XP difference should correlate to their level requirement in respect to Kingly, being the highest level requirement.
No I just meant double the amount of spawns, not drop rate.
Raj wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 11:46 pm
Forgot to add a thing to the write up. Puro puro is now (optionally) instanced. Check out the portal in the area
Competition usually isn't the issue in puro puro. If you are hunting any imp other than kinglies, you spend most of your time running or waiting for respawns.

Will be ok2
Premium Donator

Post by Will be ok2 » Sat Jun 24, 2023 12:03 am

Raj wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 11:46 pm
The point is, even if puro puro is instance you’re limiting hunter exp to like 5-6M exp an hour outside of wilderness and 30M/35M/hr in wilderness. I don’t think people care about if they make 500 or 700M an hour by catching imps but cutting their exp in half is a massive defeat for most people.. exp rates should go back to normal and buff the exp for imps with 0 financial reward to be more on line with chins, maybe balance it around 20/25M an hour.

Nolan
Honor Player

Post by Nolan » Sat Jun 24, 2023 12:08 am

Iron adam wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 11:58 pm
Nolan wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 11:40 pm

No I just meant double the amount of spawns, not drop rate.
Yeah I was just giving my opinion on the implings as a whole. The post states that kingly drop rate will increase 40%, which is unnecessary imo.

Spawns definitely need an increase though, I agree.

Zaggyzig218
Premium Donator

Post by Zaggyzig218 » Sat Jun 24, 2023 12:15 am

Is there supposed to be a bank at nex for the test server?
edit: could just be me but can't enter Nex LOL

Church
Premium Donator

Post by Church » Sat Jun 24, 2023 12:25 am

Zaggyzig218 wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2023 12:15 am Is there supposed to be a bank at nex for the test server?
There's a bank at nex on the main server as well.

Raj
Developer

Post by Raj » Sat Jun 24, 2023 12:33 am

Nolan wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2023 12:08 am Yeah I was just giving my opinion on the implings as a whole. The post states that kingly drop rate will increase 40%, which is unnecessary imo.

Spawns definitely need an increase though, I agree.
This was to compensate for the nerf to their alch values which happened, which took them from being mediocre skilling gp to being really bad. If anyone knows the actual current gp per hour that’d be big, I just tried to offset the alch value change

@Iron adam on mobile so not double quote

I’ve settled on the idea of removing some bushes near the pirate spawns in puro-puro, so they can be left click caught, and adding enough spawns such that there’s little downtime between catches. Is that agreeable enough

Raj
Developer

Post by Raj » Sat Jun 24, 2023 12:41 am

Zaggyzig218 wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2023 12:15 am Is there supposed to be a bank at nex for the test server?
If you’re in the lobby, where the barrier is, and there’s no bank, it means your quest progress isn’t high to use the public instance. If you also can’t enter, that probably means you’re not even at the point of fighting Nex. Try ::q1, ::q2, ::q3, then relogging

If I’m completely wrong about your quest progress, let me know and I will look into it

Kenneth
Honor Player

Post by Kenneth » Sat Jun 24, 2023 12:46 am

tried to go through the door boss door for the first time and wont let me through