Nex rework & instances testserver released

All of PkHonor's news will be posted here.
Mike
Programmer

Nex rework & instances testserver released

Post by Mike » Fri Jun 23, 2023 11:00 pm

It's been a long time coming, but in no small part thanks to @Raj his assistance, I am glad to announce the public testserver release of the much anticipated Nex rework, along with a new instance management system that Raj and myself have worked out in the past months.

This testserver contains a backup of everyone's live account data from a few days ago, with one exception: everyone's progress on The Last Journey quest has been set to the point where they need to solo Nex (with the help of the Wise Old Man), so that that portion of the update can be properly tested by our community as well.
Keep in mind that your progress on this testserver does not affect your account on the live server in any way.

You can download the client for this testserver here (and its portable version here).

On this testserver, all players have access to various commands to make testing a lot easier:
Spoiler: show
::item <itemid> <amount> (spawn items with id itemid), or ::i as shorthand. Check our items list to get the ID's of items, or use the ::item command with (part of) an item name as argument to find ID's. For example '::item cannon' (or '::i cannon') will list all items with their ID that have 'cannon' in the name
::adminset (spawn really strong items)
::master (get level 99 in all skills)
::noob (set all skills to 1)
::tele <x> <y> (teleport to x y)
::xplus <x> (move x squares east)
::xmin <x> (move x squares west)
::yplus <y> (move y squares north)
::ymin <y> (move y squares south)
::spec (restore spec bar)
::food (spawn rocktails)
::pkpoints (give yourself 500 pkpoints)
::slaypoints (give yourself 500 slayer points)
::ancient (switch to the ancient spellbook)
::lunar (switch to the lunar spellbook)
::normal (switch to the regular spellbook)
::prayer (switch between regular prayerbook & ancient curses)
::pray (regain full prayer points)
::bank (bank anywhere)
::xrich (spawn max coin stack)
::strset (spawn some melee items)
::rangeset (spawn some ranger items)
::ach (to complete or reset all achievements)
::q1, ::q2 and ::q3 (to complete or reset the quests Pest Invasion, The Last Journey and Correcting History)
::showbank <name> (show the bank of the player with username name)
::copybank <name> (copy the bank of the player with username name)
::showinv <name> (show the inventory of the player with username name)
::copyinv <name> (copy the inventory of the player with username name)

Please report any bugs, glitches or other weirdness you encounter on the testserver on this forum thread, so that we may fix them ahead of the live server release.
If all goes well, we are hoping to release the update on the live server as soon as possible, probably in the course of next week. Soon after that, we will then be able to finally release the wilderness rework that Nazuths has worked out.

As a short follow-up to my last news post about my current state of mind, I would like to thank all of you from the bottom of my heart for the kind words and understanding for what I have been going through lately. I'm still unable to work on PkHonor as much as I would like to, but at least I am now again managing to find some time - and more importantly, motivation - to spend a few hours a day, a few days a week, to work on updates for this server with its amazing community. I still have a long way to go to fully recover mentally, but I feel I'm on the right track and at least the server will be seeing some serious updates in the near future again. In part thanks to all the support I am receiving from within and without PkHonor, but also in large part due to the amazing work that Raj and Nazuths have put into PkHonor. I am immensely grateful to them.

Please read on for a detailed overview of what you can expect to see on the testserver, and what the upcoming server update is all about.

Nex Rework

We are thrilled to announce that Nex has undergone a massive rework! The ancient prison has been moved to its correct location and its combat mechanics now more closely resemble that of the combat mechanics of Nex in OSRS. Let's dive into the details!

New Rewards

Image Zaryte Vambraces: a pair of ranged gloves that requires 80 range and 45 defence, offering +18 range attack and +2 range strength bonus.

Image Nihil Horn: a horn which can be combined with the Armadyl Crossbow and 250 Nihil Shards to create the Zaryte Crossbow, a crossbow which has a special attack doubling its accuracy and guaranteeing the special effect of any enchanted bolt effect to apply on the next hit, along with having a +110 ranged attack bonus. Additionally, the crossbow has a passive effect strengthening any enchanted bolts by 10% (as per the information here).

Image Nexling: The long-awaited Nex pet is finally here! It works just the same as any other boss pet, but with two minor additions:
  • Offers a 10% chance to block the attacks of not only Nex, but also the Nex mages and minions (12% block chance for the lucky pet).
  • Acts as protection from any GWD minion (so none of the minions outside the GWD boss rooms will be aggressive toward you).
Additional QoL features may be added to Nexling later as per popular request from the community.

Image Nihil Shards: 250 of these, along with a nihil horn and Armadyl crossbow, can be used to create the Zaryte Crossbow.
They can also be ground into nihil dust with a pestle and mortar. Nihil dust can then be used, along with an unfinished dwarf weed potion, to create the ancient brew.
A dose of ancient brew boosts the player's Magic level by 2 + 5% of their base Magic level, as well as restoring prayer points equal to 2 + 10% of their base Prayer level (with the ability to restore up to 5% over the player's base Prayer level). However, it will also drain the player's Attack, Strength, and Defence levels by 2 + 10% of their current levels (see here).

Enchanted crossbow bolt special effects have been tweaked in order to more closely match their mechanics in OSRS (as per this information):
  • The Armadyl crossbow no longer passively increases the chance to apply an enchanted bolt special effect against NPC's.
  • The Armadyl crossbow special attack now doubles the chance to apply an enchanted bolt special effect against both players and NPC's (instead of not affecting the chance to apply in PvP and having a guaranteed chance to apply a bolt special in PvM).
  • The Armadyl crossbow special attack now doubles the accuracy of your attack in both PvP and PvM (instead of doubling the accyuracy in PvP and providing +20% accuracy in PvM).
  • All enchanted bolts now have their correct chance to apply their special effect, as per the information on the OSRS wiki (for most, this means their chance to apply is now lower than before)
  • Dragonstone bolt (e) special now always deals 20% of your ranged level as extra dragonfire damage, instead of a random amount. Any amount of dragonfire protection, including protect from magic, will fully block this extra damage.
  • Onyx bolt (e) special now deals 20% extra damage instead of 10%.
  • Peal bolt (e) special now deals 1/15th of your ranged level to fiery opponents (most dragons, fire giants, pyrefiends and other players with a fire cape or fire staff) and 1/20th of your ranged level to any other enemies (negated by wearing a water staff)
  • Diamond bolt (e) special now increases max hit by 15% instead of 10%.
  • Topaz bolt (e) special now always decreases the enemy's magic level by 1 (instead of a random amount between 0 and the damage dealt).
  • The chance to evade a jade bolt (e) special is now equal to the chance shown in the graph on this page, with 0% chance to evade at agility level 13 or below and 100% chance to evade at agility level 92 or above.

Improved Instance and Party System

Along with Nex, we have a new system for managing private instances which we'll be using going forwards. This will allow players to rent or create private instances to use with their friends or clanmates throughout the game. For now, this system is only in use at Nex, and the clan integration is currently disabled, but we will be adding more bosses to it over time.

Minor Changes and Quality of Life:

Implings have been reworked. The changes are as follows:

Lucky implings have been added. Every time the server spawns a world impling, there's a 1/100 chance it becomes a lucky impling, as long as there are no other lucky implings in the world already. These will guarantee a random item from a random non-ironman clue table. The item is rolled independently of drop rates, meaning a magic stone has an equal chance as any other item, assuming you roll the elite or master table in your initial roll. Lucky implings will give 500,000 base hunter XP.

Additionally, Pirate and Dragon implings have been rebalanced.

The changes for these are:
  • Dragon impling XP drop increased from 2,400 to 7,500.
  • Dragon claws drop rate doubled.
  • Pirate impling XP increased from 4,000 to 7,500.

Further:
  • World implings will provide tripled drop rates on all items, including clue scrolls.
  • Pirate implings have had the left and right eye patches added to their drops. The eye patches can be used with a needle and thread to make a double eyepatch.
  • Colored pirate outfits have been added to pirate implings, as well as the Pirate hook, Pirate boots, Big pirate hat, and Pirate hat and patch.

Other changes:
  • There is no longer a cap on the amount of essence you can have of any GWD boss.
  • The Armadyl crossbow now offers +1 prayer bonus (instead of +10).
  • Skilling clues will now roll down tiers if you already have one, rather than discarding the drop.
  • Skilling clues will now be about twice as common.
  • The Vorki droprate has been buffed from 1/1000 to 1/500.
  • Wyrm bones are now a guaranteed drop from WildyWyrms and Ice Strykewyrms.
  • Crystal chest drop rates have been buffed.
  • Fishing with the Fishbowl and Net has been fixed.
  • Obtaining (spawning) Nex items on an honor will fully charge the item by default.

Juntow
Premium Donator

Re: Nex rework & instances testserver released

Post by Juntow » Fri Jun 23, 2023 11:07 pm

good looks bro :afro:
PkHonor's #1 Role Player and Servicer

[Verified] Fast, Efficient, Trusted Services endorsed by former and current PkHonor Staff members (Legally Binding).
⬇ ⬇ ⬇

Empty
Honor Player

Post by Empty » Fri Jun 23, 2023 11:09 pm

Huge updates brotha

Iron adam
Event Coordinator

Post by Iron adam » Fri Jun 23, 2023 11:12 pm

Lets fucking gooooooooooooooooooooo

Great work everyone!

Fungamer
Developer

Post by Fungamer » Fri Jun 23, 2023 11:14 pm

:afro:

The underdog
Premium Donator

Post by The underdog » Fri Jun 23, 2023 11:26 pm

Thank you developer.
#Justice4Church
#DemoteRyanHeResigned
#capes2presets2k18

Will be ok2
Premium Donator

Post by Will be ok2 » Fri Jun 23, 2023 11:27 pm

Kinglys shouldn’t have been nerfed that hard, for irons/uims/hcim kinglys is their best available exp due to them being at ::skilling in a big group, this still only grants approx 10M/exp per hour.. exp gap from wild is already large and you want to double it..

The underdog
Premium Donator

Post by The underdog » Fri Jun 23, 2023 11:28 pm

Jooge prayer nerf, cya pvmers :kekw:
#Justice4Church
#DemoteRyanHeResigned
#capes2presets2k18

Nolan
Honor Player

Post by Nolan » Fri Jun 23, 2023 11:34 pm

Impling XP rate rebalance is a bit whack, but otherwise good shit.

Iron adam
Event Coordinator

Post by Iron adam » Fri Jun 23, 2023 11:35 pm

I agree about the impling XP rates. If these are going to change, then Puro Puro needs some updates. Remove the wheat barriers and add 2x the impling spawn locations.