Player Made Deals

Discuss anything and everything about PkHonor.
Raj
Developer

Re: Player Made Deals

Post by Raj » Sun Jan 15, 2023 8:00 pm

The underdog wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 7:59 pm
Raj wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 7:51 pm
Iron adam wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 7:50 pm

Risk fights are almost never done as deathmatches. So a given risk fight might have 3-4 instances of people tabbing and regearing before someone wins the risked items. Duel arena is a dm by default.
So there should be a duel rule to allow tabbing for a draw? Then it's on the players to decide when they'd like to stop using it, say after a few tabs. Best I've got.
Don't bother making anything like this instead invest it in a duel preset which has 1000x more use and prevents 1000x more scams. Risk fighters will still opt for wildy just for the thrill of it.
Why not both?

Kalista
Honor Player

Post by Kalista » Sun Jan 15, 2023 10:12 pm

Stale fish1 wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 10:57 am Last time a moderator was used he scammed as well 😂😂.

Oh and iirc it was the same player??

hmmmm curious

Purehybrid9
Novice

Post by Purehybrid9 » Mon Jan 16, 2023 4:24 am

Raj wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 8:00 pm
Raj wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 7:51 pm

So there should be a duel rule to allow tabbing for a draw? Then it's on the players to decide when they'd like to stop using it, say after a few tabs. Best I've got.
Don't bother making anything like this instead invest it in a duel preset which has 1000x more use and prevents 1000x more scams. Risk fighters will still opt for wildy just for the thrill of it.
Why not both?
Read my reply to this thread on what could be changed to fix this. Much more simple than recoding the entire duel arena system. I’ve never heard of any risk fighter going to duel. Just make a simple risk fight arena. Same as wildy, but auto red skulls, risk displayed in chat, and no dropping items.

Akuizm
Premium Donator

Post by Akuizm » Mon Jan 16, 2023 5:18 am

Purehybrid9 wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 4:24 am
Raj wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 8:00 pm

Why not both?
Read my reply to this thread on what could be changed to fix this. Much more simple than recoding the entire duel arena system. I’ve never heard of any risk fighter going to duel. Just make a simple risk fight arena. Same as wildy, but auto red skulls, risk displayed in chat, and no dropping items.
This could work ^

Will be ok2
Premium Donator

Post by Will be ok2 » Mon Jan 16, 2023 8:08 am

Purehybrid9 wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 4:24 am Read my reply to this thread on what could be changed to fix this. Much more simple than recoding the entire duel arena system. I’ve never heard of any risk fighter going to duel. Just make a simple risk fight arena. Same as wildy, but auto red skulls, risk displayed in chat, and no dropping items.
Could just ban people who scam so it makes it not worth…

Raj
Developer

Post by Raj » Mon Jan 16, 2023 8:17 am

I fail to see how adding 2 rules and presets is recoding the entire duel system

A risk fight area is doable but it’s just going to suffer from the same issues as now, unless we actually recode the entire duel arena system. We quite literally have an entire PvP and stake and rules framework laid out, I don’t see any reason to make another one. The root issue is that after entering a risk fight, the server isn’t acting like a middleman by managing the stakes. The only way to handle this is with a system similar to the duel arena. In fact, the only way to handle this without a lot of development work is with the duel arena itself.

Fungamer
Developer

Post by Fungamer » Mon Jan 16, 2023 10:24 am

Raj wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 8:17 am I fail to see how adding 2 rules and presets is recoding the entire duel system

A risk fight area is doable but it’s just going to suffer from the same issues as now, unless we actually recode the entire duel arena system. We quite literally have an entire PvP and stake and rules framework laid out, I don’t see any reason to make another one. The root issue is that after entering a risk fight, the server isn’t acting like a middleman by managing the stakes. The only way to handle this is with a system similar to the duel arena. In fact, the only way to handle this without a lot of development work is with the duel arena itself.
Ability to tab out & everyone gets their stuff back seems fine (remember to add the same functionality for crystal island tabs & seed pod too) but in actual risk fights the person might walk into the two tiles of "safe zone" by clicking those the ground or using their minimap if they're not in their inventory at that exact moment. It would be kinda niche but it's one of the possible ways someone can escape. I don't know if it's major enough for risk fighters to prefer wildy over duel arena though.

Also, I've found a possible way you could scam with risk fights even with the implemented suggestions:

If you're using limited weapons, and you're in the interface showing what weapons will be allowed and what not, you're able to drop & pick up items from the ground. You wont be able to use any weapon you've picked up (since its still limited weapons), but you would be able to for example take torva to what was agreed to be a bandos risk fight. Being able to see what is in the others inventory & what they have equipped before the stake would not be enough since I'm sure people would be happy to drop 2 rocktails if they can pick up stronger armor. The whole stake should get canceled if a player drops\picks up an item to prevent this. Or a similar rule like "limited weapons" but for gear, so that they cant equip it during the stake. This currently works for NH staking & how its done now btw, so beware @ all NH stakers.

Presets will probably be a nightmare to figure out since there's so many setups for risk fights. No armor, dh with gmaul, dh without gmaul, bandos + claws, bandos + cmaul + gmaul, ...... Sometimes there's instances of "use whatever spec weapon you want except ___", so we'd need a way to ban items as well. Sometimes risk fights aren't done in equal gear either.

IMO the most simple thing is doing what vinny said.
We could have what is essentially clan wars red portal from RS that teleports a player to ::rh. ::rh gets changed so that players automatically get a red skull in wildy & their risk is displayed. Anything outside of edgeville & the first, say, 10 levels of wildy is inaccessible to players and teleports them back to home. That'd solve the biggest issues with risk fighting in its current form. Adding it to duel arena is solving those problems too, but it's also solving problems that don't really exist. It has to be complex & foolproof enough to restrict all sorts of items or else it's not worth using for risk fighters.

Also why implement new stuff that could have potential pitchfork-worthy bugs e.g where players still lose their money if they tab out of duel but the stars aligned in just the right way while we can use existing material that gets tweaked a bit? I'm 100% certain that to get a risk fight system at the duel arena that doesn't look or feel ghetto, we're gonna have 2 more yearly scam controversies before it can get implemented. Making new interfaces\gui stuff sucks balls and we'd need a lot of them.

Raj
Developer

Post by Raj » Mon Jan 16, 2023 10:42 am

Fungamer wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 10:24 am Also why implement new stuff that could have potential pitchfork-worthy bugs e.g where players still lose their money if they tab out of duel but the stars aligned in just the right way while we can use existing material that gets tweaked a bit? I'm 100% certain that to get a risk fight system at the duel arena that doesn't look or feel ghetto, we're gonna have 2 more yearly scam controversies before it can get implemented. Making new interfaces\gui stuff sucks balls and we'd need a lot of them.
Ok, what? With this reasoning, why implement anything?

Fungamer
Developer

Post by Fungamer » Mon Jan 16, 2023 12:13 pm

Raj wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 10:42 am
Fungamer wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 10:24 am Also why implement new stuff that could have potential pitchfork-worthy bugs e.g where players still lose their money if they tab out of duel but the stars aligned in just the right way while we can use existing material that gets tweaked a bit? I'm 100% certain that to get a risk fight system at the duel arena that doesn't look or feel ghetto, we're gonna have 2 more yearly scam controversies before it can get implemented. Making new interfaces\gui stuff sucks balls and we'd need a lot of them.
Ok, what? With this reasoning, why implement anything?
This isn't reasoning against implementing anything, this is reasoning against implementing something that is more complicated than it needs to be.

Raj
Developer

Post by Raj » Mon Jan 16, 2023 12:29 pm

Fungamer wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 12:13 pm This isn't reasoning against implementing anything, this is reasoning against implementing something that is more complicated than it needs to be.
I don't think that adding 2 rules and presets (for the rules, not gear presets) is very complex, but maybe that's just me. Duel presets are needed anyways for the stakers.