[player Increase] Whats Next for Pkhonor poll

Discuss anything and everything about PkHonor.
Sparky96
Rookie

[player Increase] Whats Next for Pkhonor poll

Post by Sparky96 » Fri Jan 28, 2022 5:46 pm

Recently the team made a post asking ... "What is next?"

When asking this question i think there are a few imperative things we need to think about for the over health of the server.

Who benefits from the content we are voting to bring to the server and the owners/developers time used toward. (ex: end game players, new players, middle ground players, iron man mode players, regular players, etc) and in terms of server & community health who benefits most from the content being developed. Currently other servers (won't name names have consistent 500+ up to 1500 user days...we do not but we could)

A prime example i'd like to point out is COX, as phenomenal and successful as an update as that was who did that mostly benefit? long time players, players with late game gear, and rich players who can afford 100-200b+ for the drops that get sold from it.

From a server longevity standpoint, profit for the creators, community growth for the players, and new incoming users COX seemed to be a fairly extensive update that didn't exactly benefit nor retain new players. With the play counts we have it would be wise of us to focus efforts towards updates that focused on obtaining and retaining new players.

New death content as recommended in the poll for example as much as i would love personally as i have a death account its something that would only benefit a micro part of the community and not stimulate growth. It is currently broken so rather than putting time into a huge update rather just create a temporary rebalance.

A FEW THINGS I HAVE PERSONALLY IN MIND THAT WOULD BE USEFUL TO PUTTING TIME INTO IN ORDER TO SUCCESSFULLY OBTAIN AND RETAIN NEW PLAYERS

1) Time spent to updates our RSPS listings and optimize for conversions. It is a perfect time to do so as the beginning of the month is set to start for listing votes and x2 vote points.

Runelocus link is below, the title tag of this is:
"PkHonor - Pathing fixed 23 April 2021 - ToB"

This is outdated, doesn't exactly provide a strong sell point to new users looking and focuses on something many fundamentally expect already.
Additionally the description page includes a few paragraphs of smushed together text with NO images. Pkhonor has many amazing and unique features this page could be so an amazing selling point to visitors if some time went into it.

https://www.runelocus.com/top-rsps-list ... 7-pkhonor/

http://prnt.sc/26ktvea

http://prnt.sc/26ktvnt

2) A Homepage update. Although recent updates, events, and forum posts are nice to see and show activity from the server when landing on the primary page of the website new players don't know what we are about, features we have, selling points, etc. As it's the sales page for the server to get new users it should be a focus to convert visitors to players.

3) A marketing / training focused onboarding sequence for new players potentially giving list of important wiki's, linking to @Kash youtube channel and more. Pkhonor doesn't currently have a way to contact, retain, convert, or bring back new/past players via email or other methods. When signing up for an account either upon creation or when in starter tent new users should be incentivized to provide their email to confirm their account or similar maybe even for a reward or as a requirement. As annoying as this may sound it's a fundamental part of growing and scaling the server. Upon signup dropping a 7 day onboarding email flow would greatly increase retention of new users and allow you to bring back users who left via email blasts for things like exciting events, updates, and more. Currently i believe this is only done if a user signs up for forums and if i'm not mistaken not even then.

4) Focus on new user content, as stated above COX is predominantly only doable for late game or rich players. (i've not played much OSRS so i'll need community help on suggestions) but focus on content that isn't so undoable for newer users.

5) User Content Creation Benefits, when player base kicks up push out server yells, posts, and emails that encourage users to make youtube/wiki or similar content in order to earn potentially untradeable awards or donor credits. Use this as a way to gain traffic and make new users experience easier via guides, pking vids, etc. This is something that would fit well on a home page displaying a list of "top pkhonor creators to watch to get a winning edge in the game". This promotes social proof, presence, and would increase new player retention.

These are just a few idea's where in my opinion the teams time would be used 10x better than any in game update. You can develop and add new features until your fingers fall off but if the player base isn't growing and we still see comments from new users quitting saying "dead server" how much of a win is the new content really?

Would love anyones thoughts and opinions.
Last edited by Sparky96 on Fri Jan 28, 2022 11:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Brant
Fanatic

Re: [My Thoughts] Whats Next for Pkhonor Poll

Post by Brant » Fri Jan 28, 2022 6:23 pm

OK but why couldn't you just post this on the actual topic and not make a new one. Creating multiple threads spreads out the feedback and makes it worst to see

The underdog
Premium Donator

Post by The underdog » Fri Jan 28, 2022 9:56 pm

Yeah I agree with most of this.

Would like to add on point 1 that stuff like pathing fixed is more as a negative advertisement than a positive one. Because it shows trival things apparently need fixing. But something like original rev caves with multi would be a huge selling point in my books.
#Justice4Church
#DemoteRyanHeResigned
#capes2presets2k18

Sparky96
Rookie

Post by Sparky96 » Sat Jan 29, 2022 12:02 am

Brant wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 6:23 pm OK but why couldn't you just post this on the actual topic and not make a new one. Creating multiple threads spreads out the feedback and makes it worst to see
Apologies I can post there if preferred. I just knew the post would be a mile long and detailed. Didn’t want to exactly hijack the actual topic mike proposed at hand as my response didn’t exactly fit what I’d assume the expected feedback was meant to be however are very important points the owners and community should at least have in the back of their minds when deciding what is next.