Skiller Highscores

For your PkHonor-related aspirations and accomplishments!
Fungamer
Developer

Re: Skiller Highscores

Post by Fungamer » Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:53 pm

Church wrote:The two week period is for people who have accounts that existed before the start of this list, so they can get on despite past mistakes.
Moving forward there won't be as much leeway so people can't just do combat on their skillers and reset it. I'm just trying to make it as fair as possible.

To be honest, I need this list to be as simple as possible so I can just update it as needed, and not have to do a bunch of work to accommodate a bunch of individual cases in one of the smaller sections of our game.
Wat
That does not make it fair at all. A future/new skiller isn't allowed to make a mistake and punch a goblin or W.E but the veteran skillers are until after these two weeks? Or are veteran skillers allowed to have done combat at one point in their playthrough and new ones wont? Both are not fair at all. Fair would be that no one would get leeway at all, but that will exclude virtually every single current skiller (E.G The builder, as he has 1xp in attack/def/str/range/pray/mage. )
People doing combat on their skillers and setlevelling it down is extremely inefficient anyways since you can just use another account to get these 'benefits'. Either you allow it completely and judge based on the cb level at every update you do or you don't allow it at all and have a very, very short list.

If you want it to be simple, this is the exact opposite way to go tbh. Simple and easy would be just looking at their combat levels and defining a max combat level in the OP for how high these combat levels may go (Where you can choose if it has to be level 3 or whatever cb level a 99hp skiller would have.) Just keep in mind that you still will not get accurate highscores from that friends list if any of the skillers have <10hp, which was the entire reason why you made the suggestion & this thread to begin with)

Church
Premium Donator

Post by Church » Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:17 pm

I don't know where the disconnect between what I'm saying is coming from, but people with 1 xp are going to be allowed on. This rule is to stop people who have full 99s+ in combat from getting on this list.

Fungamer
Developer

Post by Fungamer » Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:42 pm

Church wrote:I don't know where the disconnect between what I'm saying is coming from, but people with 1 xp are going to be allowed on. This rule is to stop people who have full 99s+ in combat from getting on this list.

That's exactly the point bro :P . People can easily setlevel from any level, including 99 to 1, so they can get 1xp aswell. A maxed main could now setlevel their stats from lvl99 to 1xp. They wont have 99s in combat, so they meet your requirements. To really know if they ever had, you have to check their logs. My point is, why bother? Max accounts don't have any xp benefits compared to skillers. You want a simple way, but having to check everyones logs to ensure they haven't gotten 99s in combat stats before is the exact opposite and will lead to the list never being updated because it's a lot of work for something that can be done in a more simple way.

Base it on levels seen in the current highscores and make it not matter if the player has had 99s in combat stats. People will call the player out on having 99s in combat if they do train up and you can easily remove them from the list, or they'll be at a high risk since they don't know when you'll update the list, meaning that if you check their total XP again to update the list and see their combat stats being higher than 1, they get removed from the list too.

There isn't even a need to use logs to see if they have setlevelled their stats at one point. Either they get caught or they get off the hook when you update the list, and if they got off the hook for training their combat stats once to kill a boss or started off as a main, so what? The claim that people who are maxed have benefits over skillers makes no sense. It's even inefficient to level up and then level down your skiller again to do these things. The only benefit would be wealth, which can be gained at an equally if not more sucessful rate on another account/::party/making a new skiller while already having a main and transferring all GP over/ ....
Jeremy is the perfect example for this. The dude has boss pets and KC yet I don't believe he has ever gotten a maxed combat level. So what benefits are people who used to be mains really getting?

Again, it's not gonna be as simple as taking a screenshot with the account friendslist highscores since it STILL counts the total level, and there are skillers with level 1, 2 and 3 combat who just change their HP level. Basing it on the screenshot and then adjusting your list by putting players with higher XP in the right spot is literally the most efficient, simple way aside from making an actual new page in the highscores. There's no need for some two week term I still don't see the point of, checking logs, ....

Idk, if you don't understand my point I guess we'll have to agree to disagree as I really can't explain it any better or more thoroughly. Get your ass on mordhau btw, I want to play some frontlines.

Iron adam
Event Coordinator

Post by Iron adam » Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:59 pm

cba reading that wall of nonsense from this new kid whoever he is...
Just wondering why my skrillers name was removed....
My skillet name = Adam Corrupt

James
Premium Donator

Post by James » Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:05 am

Adam corrupt wrote:cba reading that wall of nonsense from this new kid whoever he is...
Just wondering why my skrillers name was removed....
My skillet name = Adam Corrupt
Agree .

Rapsey
Sysadmin

Post by Rapsey » Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:21 am

Geez, you really come here to argue don't you. You don't have to know better all the time. Sometimes it's OK to just let people do their thing the way they want to do it.

Fungamer
Developer

Post by Fungamer » Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:16 am

Rapsey wrote:Geez, you really come here to argue don't you. You don't have to know better all the time. Sometimes it's OK to just let people do their thing the way they want to do it.
I hate seeing initiatives go to waste because it wasn't planned decently at the start. Many threads like these and even entire forums sections (All committees in Hamade's era, GQC, PVP committee) and even the Wiki at times go dead because there was only an idea and no actual plan. I'm providing feedback on how it could be improved but the point isn't coming over so I'm forced to explain it with my hands and feet because the replies I got from Church didn't even have to do with the feedback itself. Do you expect me to apologize for DJ Church not understanding what I'm saying which causes me to reiterate my point multiple times?

Actual discussions are healthy. Finally a discussion that isn't a flame war and is striving for a common goal to be reached, but now it's the 'wow bro u just argue'? C'mon. That's BS and you know it. I know you have to stand by your staff team but even other staff and community members are telling me it would be easier and more clear in the way I proposed and don't know why Church wasn't getting the point. Everyone has their daft moments where they cant understand something so I don't blame Church.

Instead of pulling the 'lol you just argue' and dismissing every single argument based on that, maybe back up your own/church his arguments because I have seen literally 0 aside from you stating there are logs where mods can check from what level another player has ::setleveled their stats, which is irrelevant if you follow the proposed method. The fact that I even argue and put effort into these posts shows that I give a shit about the quality and longevity of an initiative like this.

This is a forum god damnit, not some play pen where people can post things which have flaws and not expect the flaws to be pointed out and an alternative method to be proposed.

Y'know, could've avoided this thread/discussion to begin with if the thing Patel said got added because no one with a reasonable amount of XP would want to reset their precious high-xp combat stats to get in a sub-list of the highscores and as mentioned x100 before, skillers don't have it harder xp-wise compared to mains. But hey, let's overthink shit and worry about implementing things 'the perfect way' months down the road while the perfectly reasonable way that will make the community content with it is given to you on a golden platter, aye?

But yeah I don't want to be fullbanned or ipbanned from the forums because I'm going in against you and start calling ya out, so I'll just post 'nice bro' and 'support' on everything no matter what, because god forbid someone providing constructive criticism and wanting to spark up a discussion and conversation on an almost dead forums. Shit like this makes me think there really is a grain of truth in the claims of many fullbanned players who are salty towards PKH management, and that it's not a one-sided thing where the community is to blame.

James
Premium Donator

Post by James » Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:26 am

Still waiting for Lievens daily word count to be limited

Also nice last paragraph Lieven, that’s crazy

Rapsey
Sysadmin

Post by Rapsey » Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:30 am

Lysa arryn wrote:I hate seeing initiatives go to waste because it wasn't planned decently at the start.
I hate seeing them go to waste because some bored know-it-all bogs them down arguing about pointless details or problems that don't exist yet and probably never will.

Yea I know, that's ironic coming from me. I have learned from first-hand experience: trying to do everything perfect from the start is why you end up getting nothing done. ;)

Iron adam
Event Coordinator

Post by Iron adam » Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:36 am

Pro tip: Look at Liefens posts on mobile. With the shrunken screen, the posts look a lot longer than they actually are. Good motivation to not even bother reading.