What's your opinion on laws and punishments?

Discuss anything and everything about PkHonor.

In your opinion...

The laws are too soft.
12%
The laws are too strict.
8%
Punishments are too short.
12%
Punishments are too long.
5%
Repeated offenders should be punished less.
2%
Repeated offenders should be punished more.
21%
Every offence should be appealable.
7%
Some offences should not be appealable.
14%
The supers should follow the laws to the letter.
11%
The supers should follow their own judgement more often.
8%

Total votes: 456

Rapsey
Sysadmin

Re: What's your opinion on laws and punishments?

Post by Rapsey » Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:34 pm

Fierce wrote:So what I gather here is that your inability to trust is adversely affecting the server.
Eh no. I don't know how you've managed but you have completely missed my point. Our unwillingness to trust is the only reason PkHonor is still alive.

So let's say we trusted our staff 100%. That's like the ideal situation in your opinion, right? Okay so no more staff logs. No more seeing who banned who. No more goals to hit, no more staff evaluation. Let's give everyone complete freedom and while we're at it, let's give them all super powers!

Yeah that will be great. How long do you think PkHonor will last? A week? A month?

I kinda like your girlfriend analogy, but it's not very accurate. You only have one girlfriend. We have many staff members. You (hopefully) know your girlfriend very well. We barely know some of our staff members. When your girlfriend cheats on you, it hurts you. When staff abuses our trust, it can hurt the entire server.

You act like out decisions are based on emotion, while in fact it's just plain and simple logic. (We are supposedly.. jealous? Of what? :shock: )

So let me make it very simple.

Like you said, there has been abuse in every generation of PkHonor and in every RSPS. Indeed, it is normal and to be expected that every now and again someone with bad intentions comes along. It is our responsibility to ensure that, when this happens, the damage it will do to the server and its players is minimal. Unfortunately this means we can't trust our staff with destructive powers.

So in truth, we now have another relationship analogy. One where you are the whiny girlfriend saying "why don't you give me access to your bank account and your car? don't you trust me? you don't deserve my love!" and we are the rational boyfriend saying "what makes you think that's a good idea? we barely know each other..."

It really surprises me how this rational behavior eludes you. After all, if I recall correctly you've had a neat inside view on staff abuse. What was it again, abusing powers to gain in-game wealth? And you're saying we should be more trusting. Right.
Fierce wrote:P.S. Isn't it part of the qualities of a leader to be able to read people. Oh well, it's not like a server is going to have an actual leader like a Prime Minister lmao. We can't expect you guys to be great.
Isn't it the prime responsibility of a leader to protect his people? I don't know about you, but I'm pretty damn happy Obama doesn't trust his military personnel with the ability to launch nukes without his approval. And I bet you those soldiers aren't whining about not being given this trust.

Oh and you would be wise not to call me a faggot again.

Fierce

Post by Fierce » Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:13 pm

Rapsey wrote:
Fierce wrote:So what I gather here is that your inability to trust is adversely affecting the server.
Eh no. I don't know how you've managed but you have completely missed my point. Our unwillingness to trust is the only reason PkHonor is still alive.

So let's say we trusted our staff 100%. That's like the ideal situation in your opinion, right? Okay so no more staff logs. No more seeing who banned who. No more goals to hit, no more staff evaluation. Let's give everyone complete freedom and while we're at it, let's give them all super powers!

Yeah that will be great. How long do you think PkHonor will last? A week? A month?

I kinda like your girlfriend analogy, but it's not very accurate. You only have one girlfriend. We have many staff members. You (hopefully) know your girlfriend very well. We barely know some of our staff members. When your girlfriend cheats on you, it hurts you. When staff abuses our trust, it can hurt the entire server.

You act like out decisions are based on emotion, while in fact it's just plain and simple logic. (We are supposedly.. jealous? Of what? :shock: )

So let me make it very simple.

Like you said, there has been abuse in every generation of PkHonor and in every RSPS. Indeed, it is normal and to be expected that every now and again someone with bad intentions comes along. It is our responsibility to ensure that, when this happens, the damage it will do to the server and its players is minimal. Unfortunately this means we can't trust our staff with destructive powers.

So in truth, we now have another relationship analogy. One where you are the whiny girlfriend saying "why don't you give me access to your bank account and your car? don't you trust me? you don't deserve my love!" and we are the rational boyfriend saying "what makes you think that's a good idea? we barely know each other..."

It really surprises me how this rational behavior eludes you. After all, if I recall correctly you've had a neat inside view on staff abuse. What was it again, abusing powers to gain in-game wealth? And you're saying we should be more trusting. Right.
Fierce wrote:P.S. Isn't it part of the qualities of a leader to be able to read people. Oh well, it's not like a server is going to have an actual leader like a Prime Minister lmao. We can't expect you guys to be great.
Isn't it the prime responsibility of a leader to protect his people? I don't know about you, but I'm pretty damn happy Obama doesn't trust his military personnel with the ability to launch nukes without his approval. And I bet you those soldiers aren't whining about not being given this trust.

Oh and you would be wise not to call me a faggot again.
Oh? You inferred 100% trust? Even in the real world you can't trust anyone 100%. I don't know how the system is currently, but when trials have to post every single punishment they deal out. When trials have to be active for a certain amount of hours and then bam when they are seniors they never have to be on.

The system is flawed currently, and the reason it is flawed is because of those in charge of the system.

Anywho, I've never knowingly abused my powers. There have been times where I've been misled into thinking I wasn't abusing my powers but was, but it was by a formerly influential character on here. That incident with theggold was my bad. I admit I abused my powers in that case but it wasn't knowingly. Oh well, I got punished more than enough for that incident.
Abuse of power is still abuse of power, so I did abuse my power.

As for damage to the server? Honestly, a mod without ipbans, and fullbans, can't really damage the server. In fact even with IPbans he can't damage the server.

Maybe the players will cry over the lack of no lifing they can do, but in reality it takes about 1 hour at most to un ip ban everyone, using the logs. With that said, mods don't have ipbans. Mods have ip mutes or regular bans... Can't harm anyone... at all. It's not like they're duping and inflating the server with cash.

The only punishment that can harm the server is the nuke punishment aka the fullban. That's the only one that can't be undone for 21 days? and Staff would never be able to have that punishment. So I see no reason to be afraid.

You don't have to trust your bank with your girlfriend, but you do have to trust living with her, you do have to trust in her, you do have to trust that she won't cheat on you, you do have to trust in what she says. If you're unable to do that, how long do you think you'll keep that girlfriend? Not long.

P.S. I've never called you a faggot? Don't be so self conscious. If you read, I said you guys as in the entire supers are acting SIMILAR to the SELF CONSCIOUS FAGGOTS that don't trust their GIRLFRIENDS because at one point in their lives, one of them cheated on them.
Shamelessly Stolen avatar and signature from Djpon3 because attack on titan and oreimo.

Rapsey
Sysadmin

Post by Rapsey » Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:17 am

Oh Fierce, this is sad.

Of course staff is flawed but at least our intentions are good and we're not the paranoid overbearing scumbags you claim us to be. We try to work with the community, but I'm sorry if you can't see that.

And I'm also sorry about how this being misled has altered your behavior.

Fierce

Post by Fierce » Tue Aug 13, 2013 3:19 am

Rapsey wrote:Oh Fierce, this is sad.

Of course staff is flawed but at least our intentions are good and we're not the paranoid overbearing scumbags you claim us to be. We try to work with the community, but I'm sorry if you can't see that.

And I'm also sorry about how this being misled has altered your behavior.
I don't think you guys are scumbags at all. You run a business real well. People often mistake Pkhonor for something done for fun. Honestly, I look at it as business. As long as you guys are getting new players and getting donations, I think you're doing a good job.

However, when you ask something about my opinion on laws and punishments, staff in general. I'll be honest and give what I think.

In general though, I've got to say. You guys made it as the top 25 or so rsps around, so you have the right to make money off of it.

Also, what do you mean altered my behavior?
Shamelessly Stolen avatar and signature from Djpon3 because attack on titan and oreimo.

D 4 u 4
Premium Donator

Post by D 4 u 4 » Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:20 pm

i think that the yell mutes are kind of ridiculous like u get muted for hours just for a bit of banter of trolling someone. its all a bit serious in my opinion

Pls senpai
Premium Donator

Post by Pls senpai » Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:24 pm

You can't really vote for a "Too strict/Too soft", as there are some rules that fit the community perfectly, and some that are too harsh for a certain situation, and others that are too soft for a specific situation.

It's been mentioned before, but some moderators choose to enforce certain laws/rules on specific people in situations that shouldn't have been that harsh.

There are also mods that don't use the correct punishment for a certain situation.

There's never going to be a perfect balance, Rapsey. You should know that from the years of being here.

Legit nukes
Premium Donator

Post by Legit nukes » Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:46 pm

Rules.. Law's.. Punishments.. People among Pkhonor from staff to players follow these.. right?

Wrong.

There is always this controversy about why staff and the laws are horrible and corrupt.. And this will always be a long term argument no matter what community you compare it to.. let it be our real life government or the Pkhonor staff.. It doesn't really matter to be honest the best you can do is make it as seal tight as you can.. Right? Atleast that's what most people think until they are thrown the opportunity to change something and then they become what they most despise without realizing.

In my own honest opinion the law's are "Okay".. I haven't read the laws since I was last moderator (nor do I plan too) but I can imagine they haven't exactly changed that much rather than a few different points have been added or even a few new rules who knows..

You cannot make a perfect set of law's nor can you lay out a proper way to punish someone and expect the outcome to be the same 100% every time, it just doesn't work that way.

The solution.. Well I'd like to call it that anyways...

You guy's (The community and staff) bitch back and forth and have these arguments that lead to practically no where and you waste your own time rather then coming up with a solution.. what you need to do is get someone who actually fucking cares in charge of the moderators (Not the admins, A HEAD FUCKING MODERATOR) and make this mother fucker a genius, give him the knowledge he needs to be able to make a good staff team, give him the tools he needs but whatever you do.. Do not make this mother fucker too powerful.

If you do that then you have Ambitionz 2.0.

Get a head moderator that can train your moderators, make your selections wise and maybe you wont have these problems, If you question your own laws then yeah fuck man you know something is wrong, If you truly need new rules and punishment layouts then ask Maurits to do it, he has a fucking brain why isn't he on top of this shit?

You have people to go to for this kind of stuff.. Kay cee.. A staff team.. A fucking community, this has been going on for THREE FUCKING YEARS and you guys still haven't figured your shit out.

Get it the fuck together, Get your "Advisors" Or "Admins" to interact with the people INSIDE the game (No not forums) and figure out what they want! Not everyone in-game uses the fucking forums! Honestly you could have your moderator's on top of this if you realllyyy needed to, or even better! advertise the law suggestions thread via game chat ! There are so many thing's you guys could do but you rather argue and bitch and make these long ass fucking arguments when you could of sat down and made the rules in the amount of time you argued with someone.

I honestly didn't read half of what this thread is about (Sorry I just couldn't be asked) but I figured that I sort of hit the nail on the head either way.
ImageImage

Evan
Honor Player

Post by Evan » Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:42 am

These 1 hour mutes do nothing to discipline people at all, granted when people are saying something intended to be a joke it's understandable to be a 1 hour mute. But when it comes to flaming the minimal mute should be at least 12 hours, because other wise people won't learn their lesson. Also people appealing their bans and perm mutes and repeatedly get accepted just encourages them to continue to break the laws and cause problems more often. I don't believe saying just "fuck you" deserves a 12 hour mute but a "fuck you, you fucking suck dick, your mom eats dick, learn to pk you prick" does, easily.
Be da best: [x]

Megumin
Honor Player

Post by Megumin » Tue Dec 03, 2013 5:01 am

P000p wrote:These 1 hour mutes do nothing to discipline people at all, granted when people are saying something intended to be a joke it's understandable to be a 1 hour mute. But when it comes to flaming the minimal mute should be at least 12 hours, because other wise people won't learn their lesson. Also people appealing their bans and perm mutes and repeatedly get accepted just encourages them to continue to break the laws and cause problems more often. I don't believe saying just "fuck you" deserves a 12 hour mute but a "fuck you, you fucking suck dick, your mom eats dick, learn to pk you prick" does, easily.
Someone ruined last night episode of "The Walking Dead" for me. A show that I leave people hanging in the wind for, I told the guy to shut the fuck up. 12 hours.

Evan
Honor Player

Post by Evan » Tue Dec 03, 2013 5:09 am

Poseidon wrote:
P000p wrote:These 1 hour mutes do nothing to discipline people at all, granted when people are saying something intended to be a joke it's understandable to be a 1 hour mute. But when it comes to flaming the minimal mute should be at least 12 hours, because other wise people won't learn their lesson. Also people appealing their bans and perm mutes and repeatedly get accepted just encourages them to continue to break the laws and cause problems more often. I don't believe saying just "fuck you" deserves a 12 hour mute but a "fuck you, you fucking suck dick, your mom eats dick, learn to pk you prick" does, easily.
Someone ruined last night episode of "The Walking Dead" for me. A show that I leave people hanging in the wind for, I told the guy to shut the fuck up. 12 hours.
If it was over yell, then it's understandable because yell isn't the place to curse at people period because it is offensive and spam.
Be da best: [x]