Todays updates - 1 March 2017

All of PkHonor's news will be posted here.
Pim
Premium Donator

Re: Todays updates - 1 March 2017

Post by Pim » Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:29 pm

everything beast and gj, but the torva degrade is meh.
Its cool theyre tradeable and drop on death, very nice.
but take the degrade away, not fun.

but again, rest is really nice

Mike
Programmer

Post by Mike » Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:32 pm

Nomad wrote:Mike, it literally doesnt, Im pvming and I'm stuck at 99 HP at 90 degraded. It's broken.
You were right - that part was indeed a bug, but it's been fixed now. Thanks for letting us know :)

Azu rite
Premium Donator

Post by Azu rite » Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:00 am

You increased the price of curses?....why? What's the point of removing the biggest part of obtaining them if you're only going to double the points required to obtain them?

Grizzly mint
Premium Donator

Post by Grizzly mint » Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:09 am

Azu rite wrote:You increased the price of curses?....why? What's the point of removing the biggest part of obtaining them if you're only going to double the points required to obtain them?
no it's exactly the same price, it's just less confusing now. But I'm with you, I thought we were removing the unlock fee completely not adding it on to the endless curses price.

Mike
Programmer

Post by Mike » Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:11 am

Update: I've hereby made the Nex items degrade 3x as slowly (so they last a total of 30 hours from full to 0%) while greatly increasing the droprates on the repair sets. Enjoy :)

Sudz
Known Venturer

Post by Sudz » Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:11 am

Tfw you like an update, feelsgood for 5 mins. Then you see the torvatards come and shout #notmytorva.

Nerds123
Honor Player

Post by Nerds123 » Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:16 am

Mike wrote:Update: I've hereby made the Nex items degrade 3x as slowly (so they last a total of 30 hours from full to 0%) while greatly increasing the droprates on the repair sets. Enjoy :)
I suggest you watch how things develop in the upcoming few weeks, you should be able to balance degradation vs drop rate of repair kits pretty easily with time.
30 hours is a nice timespan, A person should be able to atleast get a few repair kits in that period of time to refresh his charges.
EDIT:
Adding torva repair kits to the PKP shop should be able to create a points-sink since most old-players have tons of them, I myself have approx 60k+ laying around with no use.
Creating a point-sink for them should be able to balance out the huge amount of PVP armour being used in pking (PVP armour is pretty cheap to buy imo point-wise).
Spoiler: show

Azu rite
Premium Donator

Post by Azu rite » Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:19 am

Grizzly mint wrote:
Azu rite wrote:You increased the price of curses?....why? What's the point of removing the biggest part of obtaining them if you're only going to double the points required to obtain them?
no it's exactly the same price, it's just less confusing now. But I'm with you, I thought we were removing the unlock fee completely not adding it on to the endless curses price.
Then it defeated the whole purpose of doing it in the first place....

Mike
Programmer

Post by Mike » Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:24 am

Nerds123 wrote:
Mike wrote:Update: I've hereby made the Nex items degrade 3x as slowly (so they last a total of 30 hours from full to 0%) while greatly increasing the droprates on the repair sets. Enjoy :)
I suggest you watch how things develop in the upcoming few weeks, you should be able to balance degradation vs drop rate of repair kits pretty easily with time.
30 hours is a nice timespan, A person should be able to atleast get a few repair kits in that period of time to refresh his charges.
Exactly. It was only when I had released the update, that I realized I made the Nex items degrade too fast and made the kits too hard to obtain. It should be much more balanced now. The droprates on most NPC's have been greatly buffed and Nex will drop a whole load more of these now; 1 per 3 kills on average, while also having a chance to drop 2 - 10 noted ones. As for all the others, check our wiki https://wiki.pkhonor.net/stats/drops :)

Grizzly mint
Premium Donator

Post by Grizzly mint » Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:26 am

Azu rite wrote:
Grizzly mint wrote:
Then it defeated the whole purpose of doing it in the first place....
exactly. @mike I thought the purpose was to make it easier to obtain for newer players, so they can begin pking quicker? Everything else looks pretty good though.