Client source upgrade

PkHonor's work in progress and future updates will be posted here.
Slowbro
Premium Donator

Re: Client source upgrade

Post by Slowbro » Wed Jul 06, 2016 2:03 am

No pity wrote:What the people are trying to say my pedigree chum admins is that PkHonor is dead as fuck, this new source could be a really nice chance to reboot the server.

Honestly, I would open a second world along with the one we currently have but make our current server a "legacy" server and the new and improved version the main "world 1" server, I've had near 7 years of progress on that server and I agree with the aforementioned wholeheartedly.

IF Michael is capable of producing a near identical OSRS style server it would be a huge hit, no other server is capable of doing this at the moment as they either don't have the resources or they're incapable, PkHonor already has 90% of OSRS implemented (skills, bosses, weapons) so adding the new content is a much smaller challenge in comparison to our competitor servers who have to build everything from the ground up (and even once they've done that they're missing elements of the update due to inconsistencies in their server).

An OSRS style server with the best fundamental components from Runescape when it was in its prime (Nex, Corp, WW). It would be a huge success if it was done correctly.
mmm i like u

Hayden
Elite

Post by Hayden » Wed Jul 06, 2016 3:07 am

No pity wrote:near identical OSRS style server it would be a huge hit, no other server is capable of doing this at the moment as they either don't have the resources or they're incapable,
Isn't that new server whose name I'm not sure if I'll get banned for mentioning (PM me if you don't know which one I'm talking about) like identical to OSRS?

Azu rite
Premium Donator

Post by Azu rite » Wed Jul 06, 2016 3:48 am

Hayden wrote:
No pity wrote:near identical OSRS style server it would be a huge hit, no other server is capable of doing this at the moment as they either don't have the resources or they're incapable,
Isn't that new server whose name I'm not sure if I'll get banned for mentioning (PM me if you don't know which one I'm talking about) like identical to OSRS?
The pk one?

Hayden
Elite

Post by Hayden » Wed Jul 06, 2016 3:49 am

Azu rite wrote:
Hayden wrote:
The pk one?
I dunno, I don't play it. I was just told that it was exactly like OSRS

Rwter
Honor Player

Post by Rwter » Wed Jul 06, 2016 12:08 pm

^

Pkh would be amazing as a server if started from scratch.

But it won't happen.

Cadwalada
Premium Donator

Post by Cadwalada » Wed Jul 06, 2016 1:05 pm

Would be kinda annoyed if it started again, as I've put a lot of time into this one, but after like an hour or so I think I'd enjoy it so much more as everything would be new again. I'd much rather it start from scratch even if it meant that I'd lose some stuff.

Fungamer
Developer

Post by Fungamer » Wed Jul 06, 2016 1:07 pm

Suggestion on this
(B)Log what you're doing :)

Ross
Premium Donator

Post by Ross » Wed Jul 06, 2016 1:15 pm

Which fuck nugget removed the posts mentioning the name of the other server? You have the ability to edit posts if you weren't aware.

We're trying to have a discussion on an impotant topic, not quarrel over the name of a server literally everyone knows.

Jesus fuck, you forget how PkHonor is after a while.

Rapsey
Sysadmin

Post by Rapsey » Wed Jul 06, 2016 1:53 pm

No pity wrote:Which fuck nugget removed the posts mentioning the name of the other server? You have the ability to edit posts if you weren't aware.

We're trying to have a discussion on an impotant topic, not quarrel over the name of a server literally everyone knows.

Jesus fuck, you forget how PkHonor is after a while.
This fuck nugget. And you have the ability to not blatantly break our rules. You know all too you're not supposed to discuss other RSPS on our forums so don't come crying when your post gets deleted.

Not motti
Forum Addict

Post by Not motti » Wed Jul 06, 2016 1:56 pm

Lieven wrote:Suggestion on this
(B)Log what you're doing :)