PK with 0 seconds timeplayed

PkHonor's work in progress and future updates will be posted here.
Ruler
Honor Player

Re: PK with 0 seconds timeplayed

Post by Ruler » Fri Jun 03, 2016 2:38 pm

Whatever you do, make sure it is more clear for new people how it works. Most of the time when I meet new people I have to tell them about ::pure and often that's a bit too late already. Starters don't know about the command.

Volume pure
Known Venturer

Post by Volume pure » Fri Jun 03, 2016 4:49 pm

To be honest there are a few things that need to be done to change the whole of the dynamics of pking here and promote it. I'll split it into 'Pure' and 'Main' pking. I'll do pure now and main when I have time soon and I'll add to this too. NOTE: Some issues apply to both pure and main but effort.

Pure Pking

Pre-List idea. Bring back the PK Mods I say. Thought they really helped back in the day just to regulate stuff. Seems like all the staff we get nowadays prefer to have outfit competitions at Varrock or sit pvming. These are to be mature members of the community who have proven to devote their time in the game predominantly to pking. If there's someone purposely interrupting the flow of the wilderness, a 24 Hour Pvp ban for example.

Problems at the moment: (Followed by a solution)

1. Corrupt Vesta, Stat etc. is being overused and does NOT offer a fair chance to new pure players, which is why you see so many come and go without staying.

- Make it degrade heaps quicker so people are less likely to use it (using it only for risk fights for example), make it a lot more expensive or raise the defence level that it can be worn at (the stats are disgustingly high for 20 defence) - I suggest raising this to around 50.

2. Players with high defence ruining the whole beauty of 'Pure' Pking.

- I saw a server the other week that within the wilderness you could only attack people depending on your defence level. For example. In levels 1-3 wilderness you can attack people with 1-10 levels difference in defence levels. In levels 4-7 you can attack people with 1-20 levels difference, and so on. This way we're promoting Pure pking for those who are into it (a lot more join and then have no incentive to stay, so leave, than you'd think). This really gives new players a fighting chance to fight those with similar builds. It also makes everything run a lot smoother without arguments starting every 5 minutes about how the next man is a 'def noob.'

3. The bounty hunter system.

- Targets aren't found very quickly, and we should be able to kill people for their high tier emblems. For example, killing someone with a t5 when you're on a t7 should upgrade yours, obviously to a t8, but you should be able to loot their t5. More reward in pking.

4. With regards to the problem of these new items you suggest being untradable.

- Let's be perfectly honest, if you kill a bloke for climbing boots, leather body, msb and some rune arrows you're not really earning any free money. It's not even as if anyone loots that shit anyway. It's not going to damage anything, especially since that 7500k starter cash is going to stop.

5. Curses

- I still think curses shouldn't be obtainable at the start, I remember back in like 2012/3 you'd always have chats with guys about their curses, and back when the wilderness was full you saw people saving up those 3k points for curses and it was a full place. It was a really real thing to work towards back then. I definitely think that the 3b price for it AS WELL as the 3k pkp for curses should be scrapped.

6. Shadow Sword

- As much as I love using it, a dragon scimitar at 1 attack is stupid.

7. Degradable starting spec weapons.

- Gives the player a taste in what they can get when they work hard and offers an objective to work towards after being able to trial it. Claws that degrade after 5000 damage has been dealt, for example, would be really nice to see. Make them blue or something.

8. Noted Supplies

- It's so long for man to keep teleing back and forth from the shops to get 20 sets of pk gear. The easier, more accessible and less effort you make pking, the more appealing it'll be.

Main Pking

1. Degradable starting spec weapons.

- Gives the player a taste in what they can get when they work hard and offers an objective to work towards after being able to trial it. Claws that degrade after 5000 damage has been dealt, for example, would be really nice to see. Make them blue or something.

2. Not enough Pkp from killing people in torva, etc.

- Scrap the whole death takes points thing, it's stupid. Offer more points for killing people in that gear. It gives people an incentive to test their luck against the better types of gear and not refuse to fight them.

3. Ags is too inaccurate

- No wonder the price has plummeted. It's shit now. Buff the cunt.

4. Divine

- Limit the effects of the Divine to not work within edge, somehow? That would be heaps nice. Less incentive for players to farcast and sit behind a divine. A divine means that people have a heightened security behind their expensive gear which is quite frankly, a little silly.This also ties in very nicely with how we as a community need to change to promote pking here. See next point.

5. People being cunts

- We never used to have this whole 'rag' situation back in the day and I don't know why it's because such a thing now. Just don't do it. It gives everyone less incentive to hop into the wilderness and have fun with you doing this.

6. Pkp gear drops (Also Pure Pking

- Wouldn't harm to have a bloke drop a vls or a stat hammer every now and then when he dies. This allows more variety for new players by way of spec weapons and adds extra incentive to pk. Can be based on the ELO % system that they used to have in RS.

7. Starter Pk packs.

- I don't think it's going to affect the economy if we chuck some rune sets, some dragon weapons etc at new players. I think we could trial a load of stuff in order to inspire people to use what they've got in their banks.

I think we always look too much for originality. We need to restore that typical Runescape Private Server Pking value and instead of doing all of these, sorry to say, but stupid things like pets and skilling zones and what not, whilst they're useful - we always forget that the glory days of this server existed when pking was flourishing, regardless of whether or not you'll admit it. Whilst additions of bounty hunter and such are all well and good, perhaps a huge focus with a team of players and staff to work together and restore Pkhonor glory is what's needed. Chatting about it is all well and good, but we need action.
Last edited by Volume pure on Fri Jun 03, 2016 5:32 pm, edited 8 times in total.

Rwter
Honor Player

Post by Rwter » Fri Jun 03, 2016 5:16 pm

Ya basically that.

And let people bulk buy ******noted****** pking supplies @@@@

Volume pure
Known Venturer

Post by Volume pure » Fri Jun 03, 2016 5:30 pm

Kishan wrote:Ya basically that.

Shout, I shall add it to the list???? x

Rwter
Honor Player

Post by Rwter » Fri Jun 03, 2016 5:35 pm

Volume pure wrote:
Kishan wrote:Ya basically that.

Shout, I shall add it to the list???? x
Swell x

The underdog
Premium Donator

Post by The underdog » Sun Jun 05, 2016 1:39 am

Somebody finally got the message lol.

I remember suggesting untradable items for things like a whip, but degradable is a nice idea too.

As long as they know about it and don't degrade their whip while training their remaining stats up...
#Justice4Church
#DemoteRyanHeResigned
#capes2presets2k18

Aux cord
Premium Donator

Post by Aux cord » Sun Jun 05, 2016 8:37 pm

accuracy is soooooooooo bad. buff every single weapon or lower defence please.

I rather die to a 70 ags in full tank then hit 20 0s in a row on someones robes.

Rwter
Honor Player

Post by Rwter » Sun Jun 05, 2016 8:42 pm

Ngl community wont ever come to a decision so its a stalemate

Dankmeme21
Rookie

Post by Dankmeme21 » Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:55 pm

Could give 2 fucks tbh but if it helps the server grow you got my support.

I heart iron
Rookie

Post by I heart iron » Sat Jun 18, 2016 3:09 pm

if theres no reward for the pkers killing the people in this degradable shit, there's no point to risk money to kill them.