Helper rank temporarily removed

All of PkHonor's news will be posted here.
Ain
Unstoppable

Re: Helper rank temporarily removed

Post by Ain » Sun Apr 17, 2016 12:40 pm

Billy wrote: Are you on 24/7 Ain?
Yes, yes I am.

Are you even on 1/1?

Evan
Honor Player

Post by Evan » Mon Apr 18, 2016 4:34 am

Ain wrote:
Billy wrote:
Amount wrote:While some of us take issue with the premise of these changes, let us unite in the realisation that, in every darkness, there is a light.

It may have taken the removal of the entire rank... but Bzink00 is a Helper no more. By golly, that was long overdue.

If we were to be objective and had an activity requirement for helpers, then there should have been more demotions then just Bzink.
Uhm no. There wouldn't have been. All the other helpers were grade-A and I saw them on wayyyy more then any of the moderators (except p000p)
I'm the mod that's on the least .-. You probably see me most because I yell a lot and talk to you and people, but my activity has been shit really. (15 hours a week)
Be da best: [x]

Lahutatude
Premium Donator

Post by Lahutatude » Tue Apr 19, 2016 6:23 pm

Evan wrote:....
I'm the mod that's on the least .-. You probably see me most because I yell a lot and talk to you and people, but my activity has been shit really. (15 hours a week)
inb4 demote Evan :mrgreen:
I Don't Need To "Get A Life." I'm A Gamer. I Have Lots Of Lives!

Kylo ren
Honor Player

Post by Kylo ren » Fri Apr 22, 2016 3:27 am

Any news on the progress of the Helper Rank?

Amount
Premium Donator

Post by Amount » Fri Apr 22, 2016 4:17 am

Kylo ren wrote:Any news on the progress of the Helper Rank?
There's been some internal developments.
Still discussing a few things internally, and then it's my understanding that Billy will present his proposition to the community for feedback.

Tezey
Honor Player

Post by Tezey » Fri Apr 22, 2016 5:19 pm

There shouldn't need to be helpers if there are more mods. It's improving, but sometimes there are no staff or anything online. Make more trustworthy volonteers mod and this problem should be solved :)

Blahblahdie
Fanatic

Post by Blahblahdie » Fri Apr 22, 2016 6:02 pm

Yeah, let this be known. Also, I can take screenshots each night if you'd like.

Ever since helper was removed, there has been a even bigger struggle for new players joining the server around 5pm - 6am EST. I came back to playing this past week and a half, and every single night, I play for hours on end. Never have I seen more than one staff member on at a time, let a lone any staff, more than maybe 2 or 3 times (excluding P000p, and Tutorials and :I'll explain that a little further down).

You have Jacob (Wir3d) who's on, was a fantastic helper, and could be helping the playerbase, but instead all we have is a empty ::staff for hours on end.

P000p gets on, he's usually on for a while, albeit logging inbetween for what seems no longer than 5 minutes lol.
Recently Tutorials has been covering the /midnight-early morning EST\ but isn't always like clock work.

I stood in Varrock by the fountain and answered a few new players questions, which mainly concerned the wild, experience rates, and how little features worked like ::pure.
All if this could of been answered by a helper. There's no one greeting the player 24/7, but there is some indication as to who you can ask for help, or atleast there WAS when helper was still here.

Point is, you literally have no one out on the battlefield. You have previously staff'd helpers who play all times of the day, and did a great job with their service.

Take those who were great with the community, worked hard, and were active, and reinstate them into their prior position. Then take those who went MIA, had low activity, and everything else and try to re-work a system around them, not around the ones who were doing a great job to begin with.

You're only hurting new players more than ever if they can't get the info they need upon starting the server. They'll leave faster than they came.

Ruler
Honor Player

Post by Ruler » Fri Apr 22, 2016 11:53 pm

Totally agree with you Brandon.

Lahutatude
Premium Donator

Post by Lahutatude » Sat Apr 23, 2016 9:19 am

Also agreed with Brandon.

In my country there's a proverb: "Don't spit into the old well, before the new one isn't done yet"
The meaning of this is that we could easily had the old helper system as long as you guys are
working on a new one.
I Don't Need To "Get A Life." I'm A Gamer. I Have Lots Of Lives!

Blahblahdie
Fanatic

Post by Blahblahdie » Sat Apr 23, 2016 6:08 pm

Seeing as Alex is online with a helper symbol, I think it's safe to say it's been re-instated?

What was changed?