Todays updates - 4 April 2016

All of PkHonor's news will be posted here.
Rapsey
Sysadmin

Re: Todays updates - 4 April 2016

Post by Rapsey » Tue Apr 05, 2016 1:59 pm

Azu rite wrote:Why are you removing people's donator and premium statuses?
Because (and only if) they were obtained in the iron man only way. The only reason iron man players can buy them that way is because they cannot buy the statuses from other players, which would mean they have no choice but to donate. We never force people to donate, that's why all those donator items can be traded. But having everything tradeable is tricky because it means everything has a dynamic value in the economy. We don't want the prices of these items to crash, especially since people paid real money for them. That is why we have always made it a rule that even though you don't have to donate to obtain donator items, the only way for donator items to enter the economy is if someone donates for them. This severely limits the influx of new donator items into the economy which keeps the prices stable. Which in turn keeps our donations stable because if the in-game prices of donator items crash, people stop donating and the server dies.

Please guys, please don't make a big deal out of this. It really isn't. We're not taking away anything, just reverting a transaction that was only applicable as long as your account was an iron man. You just have to buy the status again in the same way regular players have always had to do it.

Azu rite
Premium Donator

Post by Azu rite » Tue Apr 05, 2016 2:18 pm

Rapsey wrote:
Azu rite wrote:Why are you removing people's donator and premium statuses?
Because (and only if) they were obtained in the iron man only way. The only reason iron man players can buy them that way is because they cannot buy the statuses from other players, which would mean they have no choice but to donate. We never force people to donate, that's why all those donator items can be traded. But having everything tradeable is tricky because it means everything has a dynamic value in the economy. We don't want the prices of these items to crash, especially since people paid real money for them. That is why we have always made it a rule that even though you don't have to donate to obtain donator items, the only way for donator items to enter the economy is if someone donates for them. This severely limits the influx of new donator items into the economy which keeps the prices stable. Which in turn keeps our donations stable because if the in-game prices of donator items crash, people stop donating and the server dies.

Please guys, please don't make a big deal out of this. It really isn't. We're not taking away anything, just reverting a transaction that was only applicable as long as your account was an iron man. You just have to buy the status again in the same way regular players have always had to do it.
So it's only iron man accounts being affected?

Jelle
Honor Player

Post by Jelle » Tue Apr 05, 2016 2:28 pm

The prem/dona stats are only removed when you turn your ironman account with status back to a normal account. cash and pkp will be refunded.

Rapsey
Sysadmin

Post by Rapsey » Tue Apr 05, 2016 2:50 pm

Azu rite wrote:So it's only iron man accounts being affected?
Yes, this only affects iron man players who obtained donator items in ways regular players can't and who want to turn their account into a regular one.

Azu rite
Premium Donator

Post by Azu rite » Tue Apr 05, 2016 2:55 pm

Rapsey wrote:
Azu rite wrote:So it's only iron man accounts being affected?
Yes, this only affects iron man players who obtained donator items in ways regular players can't and who want to turn their account into a regular one.
Thanks for the clarification, that makes sense to do

Ironnnnn
One Hit Wonder

Post by Ironnnnn » Tue Apr 05, 2016 4:18 pm

Items that were drop traded to a different account were not reversed FYI.

I actually like this update, will make me keep my items on my iron man from now on :)
Last edited by Ironnnnn on Tue Apr 05, 2016 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ruler
Honor Player

Post by Ruler » Tue Apr 05, 2016 4:22 pm

Ironnnnn wrote:Items that were drop traded to a different account were not reversed FYI.
Mike wrote:Updated on 4 April 2016
> Ironman Mode players can no longer droptrade items to other accounts. Since this was never intended, we have decided to reverse all droptrades that involved items from high and elite clue caskets from Ironman Mode players that could only be obtained by Ironman mode players (such as custom whips, 3rd age druidic items etc.). There were 49 of these droptrades total (of which 6 custom whips and 6 pieces of 3rd age druidic gear) and we're currently in the process of reversing these.
I am guessing they haven't done any/all of them yet but they will. It was the same with the wildywyrm abuse.
Tbh I think it's better to revert everything and then make an announcement. Now people know items are going to be reverted and might try to transfer it. Maybe some people prefer having a custom over the account the custom was on (because this account will be banned if you tranferred it but that might be an alt from said person).

Recov 78439
Known Venturer

Post by Recov 78439 » Tue Apr 05, 2016 6:04 pm

Quick statement then question if u create and iron man and get customs on it or elites then revert to normal player will u keep these items?

Ruler
Honor Player

Post by Ruler » Tue Apr 05, 2016 6:06 pm

Madjust1 wrote:Quick statement then question if u create and iron man and get customs on it or elites then revert to normal player will u keep these items?
If you get items from elites that is exclusive something an ironman can get (custom whips, druidic, phats etc) and you revert to normal player, all these items will be removed and you will get caskets instead of these items.
So if I have 5 phats from elites on my ironman and I revert back to normal player, I will have 5 elites and not my 5 phats anymore.

Recov 78439
Known Venturer

Post by Recov 78439 » Wed Apr 06, 2016 12:22 am

Sverre wrote:
Madjust1 wrote:Quick statement then question if u create and iron man and get customs on it or elites then revert to normal player will u keep these items?
If you get items from elites that is exclusive something an ironman can get (custom whips, druidic, phats etc) and you revert to normal player, all these items will be removed and you will get caskets instead of these items.
So if I have 5 phats from elites on my ironman and I revert back to normal player, I will have 5 elites and not my 5 phats anymore.
Thanks