Todays updates - wilderness & clue scroll improvements

All of PkHonor's news will be posted here.
Death purity
Honor Player

Re: Todays updates - wilderness & clue scroll improvements

Post by Death purity » Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:18 am

Yeah, but now there not premium only in wild. I'm glad the clue scroll drop rate increased I have not gotten one in months

Mike
Programmer

Post by Mike » Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:23 am

Death purity wrote:
Simon wrote:So..now that the Fight Caves gives elites, can we have an update on the Jad Pet? (::familiar 6785)

Also, amazing wildy updates.
Probably not it's probably too big.
I've always intended the pet jad to be a quest reward, and not to be released until we've got "regular" pets (cats, dogs and the whole lot of them, with little ones that can grow up to become bigger).

Blahblahdie wrote:You have people who will purposely go run around deep wild, just to piss their targets off, knowing that they're free to do so because their opponent won't go deep.
I never really thought about it that way before, but I don't really see it as an issue to be honest. For starters, being in deep wild means the combat level difference can be quite big so only pures who need to fight mains would have this problem.
To address this kind of issue, someone suggested to drop the wilderness level restrictions altogether as soon as you have a target assigned, but that's something yet to be discussed.
Brandt wrote:The only thing that's harder with ele, is that's it's in deep wildy.

Unless that was your concentration of thought upon implementation of this..? Since it's comparable to a safe monster, difficulty can't even be compared on a scale. In other words, you'd have a guaranteed chance at an elite at corp because it's safe, but the opposite with chaos ele?
Simply for it being in deep wild - the Chaos elemental is one of those monsters that doesn't get nearly as much attention as any other boss, because of its high risk (deep wild) and overall low value in drops. For people who want to have as many elite clues as possible, the chaos ele is pretty much the fastest choice, if they're willing to risk going there. It's not about the difficulty of the monster itself in this case.

Death purity
Honor Player

Post by Death purity » Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:29 am

Mike wrote:
Death purity wrote:
Simon wrote:So..now that the Fight Caves gives elites, can we have an update on the Jad Pet? (::familiar 6785)

Also, amazing wildy updates.
Probably not it's probably too big.
I've always intended the pet jad to be a quest reward, and not to be released until we've got "regular" pets (cats, dogs and the whole lot of them, with little ones that can grow up to become bigger).

Blahblahdie wrote:You have people who will purposely go run around deep wild, just to piss their targets off, knowing that they're free to do so because their opponent won't go deep.
I never really thought about it that way before, but I don't really see it as an issue to be honest. For starters, being in deep wild means the combat level difference can be quite big so only pures who need to fight mains would have this problem.
To address this kind of issue, someone suggested to drop the wilderness level restrictions altogether as soon as you have a target assigned, but that's something yet to be discussed.
Brandt wrote:The only thing that's harder with ele, is that's it's in deep wildy.

Unless that was your concentration of thought upon implementation of this..? Since it's comparable to a safe monster, difficulty can't even be compared on a scale. In other words, you'd have a guaranteed chance at an elite at corp because it's safe, but the opposite with chaos ele?
Simply for it being in deep wild - the Chaos elemental is one of those monsters that doesn't get nearly as much attention as any other boss, because of its high risk (deep wild) and overall low value in drops. For people who want to have as many elite clues as possible, the chaos ele is pretty much the fastest choice, if they're willing to risk going there. It's not about the difficulty of the monster itself in this case.

I am okay with jad pet I was just figuring it would have to be scaled down like Corp pet. I think it would be cool to add a few more quest with some nice rewards but that will take awhile Bc the npc that honors do are huge. I am okay with dropping levels in wild to say kbd level trough out the wild bounty hunter or not. Maybe a ::request fight if a player wants to fight unless bounty hunter? Eliminate the rush's people hate?

Another thing since you now put 2 premium items into wild for non premium do you have any ideas to add more things to premiums since you took 2 things away for everyone use? Also did you add an npc to rocktails fishing spot in wild? To note them? Or a deposit box? If suggest I'd do note it make it more risk. Or people just gonna have to keep running back inventory after inventory?

Mike
Programmer

Post by Mike » Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:45 am

Death purity wrote: Another thing since you now put 2 premium items into wild for non premium do you have any ideas to add more things to premiums since you took 2 things away for everyone use? Also did you add an npc to rocktails fishing spot in wild? To note them? Or a deposit box? If suggest I'd do note it make it more risk. Or people just gonna have to keep running back inventory after inventory?
There will definitely be premium features added, but both the rocktails and frost dragons are in a risky place so prems still get nice benefits where those two are concerned (yay safe frost dragons and rocktails). Plus their safe frost dragons got a boost too.

For now, players will need to run back and forth with their inventories of rocktails, so it's not that interesting since the closest bank is the mage bank. I'm thinking of adding an NPC of sorts that can help out in that regard, but I'm not sure yet how to implement it. It definitely wouldn't be free though.

Madeinafrica

Post by Madeinafrica » Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:47 am

Ohhhhhhh myyyy lorddddddd@ I can't wait to see more rival activity once again along with new players alike, when I saw the update, this was my reaction....:D Thanks Mike! I'm loving the updates towards pking fam
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ImageImageImage

Death purity
Honor Player

Post by Death purity » Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:48 am

Mike wrote:
Death purity wrote: Another thing since you now put 2 premium items into wild for non premium do you have any ideas to add more things to premiums since you took 2 things away for everyone use? Also did you add an npc to rocktails fishing spot in wild? To note them? Or a deposit box? If suggest I'd do note it make it more risk. Or people just gonna have to keep running back inventory after inventory?
There will definitely be premium features added, but both the rocktails and frost dragons are in a very risky place so prems still get nice benefits where those are concerned.

For now, players will need to run back and forth with their inventories of rocktails, so it's not that interesting since the closest bank is the mage bank. I'm thinking of adding an NPC of sorts that can help out in that regard, but I'm not sure yet how to implement it. It definitely wouldn't be free though.
Have like 1k pk points 200m. Or something like that. To access npc to note. You will make a lot more money and pk points back from this. Also make is skulled on click?

Also look at my post from viewtopic.php?f=73&t=55177&start=0#p515436 for a premium feature

Skiller
Developer

Post by Skiller » Thu Mar 17, 2016 4:18 am

Death purity wrote:
Mike wrote:
There will definitely be premium features added, but both the rocktails and frost dragons are in a very risky place so prems still get nice benefits where those are concerned.

Have like 1k pk points 200m. Or something like that. To access npc to note. You will make a lot more money and pk points back from this. Also make is skulled on click?

Also look at my post from viewtopic.php?f=73&t=55177&start=0#p515436 for a premium feature
Like this suggestion, but I think it would be nice to make it like customizable as to which tasks you get. You could pick like 5-10 of the bosses, and the slayer master would randomly pick on of those; that way you can narrow it down to only the tasks you really wish to have, not just the pet ones.

Death purity
Honor Player

Post by Death purity » Thu Mar 17, 2016 4:59 am

I do get what u are saying. Bc how many bosses that can drop pets? I like the customizing 5-10 and slayer master picks the ones you like doing.

Evan
Honor Player

Post by Evan » Thu Mar 17, 2016 5:28 am

Fantastic.
Be da best: [x]

Alex
Premium Donator

Post by Alex » Thu Mar 17, 2016 6:47 am

Great work mike!