Honors & the wilderness

Discuss anything and everything about PkHonor.

Should honors be able to use ::xteleto to players in the wild?

Yes
26%
No, not at all, and don't compensate for the loss of power in honors
42%
No, but give honors something in return (suggestions please?)
31%

Total votes: 121

Nick
Honor Player

Re: Honors & the wilderness

Post by Nick » Sun Jan 17, 2016 7:05 pm

Those of you who voted yes, may I know what's your argument? Or is it because you just want to keep ruining pking?
Bill Gates wrote:“I choose a lazy person to do a hard job. Because a lazy person will find an easy way to do it.”

The underdog
Premium Donator

Post by The underdog » Sun Jan 17, 2016 7:52 pm

Nick wrote:Those of you who voted yes, may I know what's your argument? Or is it because you just want to keep ruining pking?
It might be because if you agree with the suggestion you have to vote No, where you might impulsively vote yes to support the suggestion.

Or they don't want to lose their domination of the wilderness maybe?
#Justice4Church
#DemoteRyanHeResigned
#capes2presets2k18

Emo screemo
Rookie

Post by Emo screemo » Wed Jan 20, 2016 1:39 am

Great poll, glad to finally see some acknowledgement of the issue.

Serphs
Premium Donator

Post by Serphs » Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:28 am

Emo screemo wrote:Great poll, glad to finally see some acknowledgement of the issue.

Melon melon
Premium Donator

Post by Melon melon » Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:04 am

Serphs wrote:
Emo screemo wrote:Great poll, glad to finally see some acknowledgement of the issue.

Time2nuke
Premium Donator

Post by Time2nuke » Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:47 pm

Motti wrote:There's also the problem when doing a Hide n Seek.
The best fix for this problem is a setting which allows YOU to choose whether you want an honor to tele to you or not

When you're going on a deep pking trip and you toggle it on you won't get scouted. And when doing a hns you can't be scouted either.

Staff should still be able to teleport of course.
This IMO is the fairest way to deal with the situation, doesnt remove their powers and all it does negatively is ruin scouting if you dont want to be scouted.

Ruler
Honor Player

Post by Ruler » Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:54 pm

I was so ahead of my time and realising it would be a problem in the future :afro:
viewtopic.php?f=73&t=17413&hilit=HnS
#2yearsago

Rawr
Premium Donator

Post by Rawr » Fri Jan 29, 2016 2:24 pm

To compensate, as well as potentially adding ::gfx, could you remove the Honor stat reductions? Considering their damage no longer counts towards who gets the kills it won't help anybody crash anyone else and it will just be an added small convenience for people PVMing.

Evan
Honor Player

Post by Evan » Sun Jan 31, 2016 8:08 pm

Rawr wrote:To compensate, as well as potentially adding ::gfx, could you remove the Honor stat reductions? Considering their damage no longer counts towards who gets the kills it won't help anybody crash anyone else and it will just be an added small convenience for people PVMing.
This :D also remove morphs...
Be da best: [x]

Sir kenx
Known Venturer

Post by Sir kenx » Wed Feb 03, 2016 5:30 pm

Mike wrote:So some people complain about honors being able to teleport to other people in the wilderness, because a person or clan can easily find someone they're looking for by using an honor. So the question is on the table: do we allow honor players to use ::xteleto to teleport to other players in the wilderness, or not?

Personally, I'm not entirely opposed to the idea, but if we would take something away from honors, then we'd have to add something new for honors that makes them equally 'wanted' (albeit in a different way). The last time we made a change to honors, we nerfed their stats while in the normal world, and it caused quite an uproar of players who were dissatisfied with their current honor, because using it to assist them in PVM was the primary reason they bought the honor in the first place. I'm quite certain the same thing could be said about teleporting to other players in the wilderness: some players may have bought their honor for that sole purpose and would not at all be satisfied with having it taken from them.

In the end, the community decides, but first and foremost I want to work out a solution that pretty much everyone can agree with (on some level).
Let honors be able to ::xteleto_person, only when person does ::acceptxtele_honorname. Cause if its teamer and you want to show to someone something, then its good. But that person could pick desicion by himself that can or cant ::xteleto_"me"
Thank you!