Some more on bounty hunter

PkHonor's work in progress and future updates will be posted here.
Aresee
Premium Donator

Re: Some more on bounty hunter

Post by Aresee » Tue May 12, 2015 9:00 pm

Rawr wrote:
Aresee wrote:I always thought the better solution to that was make any items that could be considered too OP/Proddy to be unusable in the wild (Based off game code instead of a punishment)...but then you'd have the elitists say that wildy should be free reign and such..that was always a roadblock.
Except you don't need the OP gear to rag, it just makes it easier. It also ruins part of the dynamics and interest than can be found within the Wilderness.
Which would also bring up the topic of having the ability to fight normal players vs morphed players.

Azu rite
Premium Donator

Post by Azu rite » Tue May 12, 2015 9:02 pm

Ya let me be op with death vs everyone >.>

Aresee
Premium Donator

Post by Aresee » Tue May 12, 2015 9:07 pm

Azu rite wrote:Ya let me be op with death vs everyone >.>
Pretty much. So we would have punishments for people who would rag/be in OP gear/pkers who are being generally annoying, while we give transformed players no option at all to pk with an item they've acquired.
That's the catch 22 with having punishments for pking. :doge:

Rawr
Premium Donator

Post by Rawr » Tue May 12, 2015 9:49 pm

Aresee wrote:
Rawr wrote:
Aresee wrote:I always thought the better solution to that was make any items that could be considered too OP/Proddy to be unusable in the wild (Based off game code instead of a punishment)...but then you'd have the elitists say that wildy should be free reign and such..that was always a roadblock.
Except you don't need the OP gear to rag, it just makes it easier. It also ruins part of the dynamics and interest than can be found within the Wilderness.
Which would also bring up the topic of having the ability to fight normal players vs morphed players.
I'll be more specific. The currently allowed 'OP' gear is not gamebreaking; it's powerful but not gamebreaking. Being able to use Death would be gamebreaking.

Strdargoba
Premium Donator

Post by Strdargoba » Tue May 12, 2015 9:54 pm

Gz on 3k posts.

From what ive been reading, there really isnt a way around the whole system to stop being abused, its either as you stated mike, wait for 6 hours to recycle the ip's as targets, or leave them as it is. There isnt enough players on the server that actually pk to make this really worthwhile because you get what maybe 4 people if your lucky a a target and then no one else. Kind of defeats the purpose of it imo. Also the ragging part is just gonna make it not enjoyable for players because people will just camp their target which makes it no fun and not a challenge for the emblem, making it easy to get a level 10 emblem without any risk involved. I like that your making it abuse free but the idea you stated just doesnt seem beneficial for the amount of people that accually pk.

Azu rite
Premium Donator

Post by Azu rite » Tue May 12, 2015 9:55 pm

Aresee wrote:
Azu rite wrote:Ya let me be op with death vs everyone >.>
Pretty much. So we would have punishments for people who would rag/be in OP gear/pkers who are being generally annoying, while we give transformed players no option at all to pk with an item they've acquired.
That's the catch 22 with having punishments for pking. :doge:
At first I thought you was posting here to attempt to troll people, now I just think you're an idiot.

K1l1l1l1l1l1
Champion

Post by K1l1l1l1l1l1 » Tue May 12, 2015 10:05 pm

Rawr wrote:
I'll be more specific. The currently allowed 'OP' gear is not gamebreaking; it's powerful but not gamebreaking. Being able to use Death would be gamebreaking.
What do you mean it's not gamebreaking?

There's legitimately no need for that gear to be used in the wild other than to make others' lives a misery.

Ban god armours from the wild or alternatively, pvp ban anyone seen ragging.

Azu rite
Premium Donator

Post by Azu rite » Tue May 12, 2015 10:07 pm

Noobinho wrote:
Rawr wrote:
What do you mean it's not gamebreaking?

There's legitimately no need for that gear to be used in the wild other than to make others' lives a misery.

Ban god armours from the wild or alternatively, pvp ban anyone seen ragging.
By gamebreaking he meant you can't one hit anyone, in any gear with nex sets, like you can with death

Ziaw
Premium Donator

Post by Ziaw » Tue May 12, 2015 10:25 pm

How about ban nex sets and druid from wild. its stupidly overpowered and there's almost no counter for it. It demotivates new players from pking because they attack anyone and everyone who enters wild. Maybe that could help activity?
but botting is bad and you should NEVER do it

Rawr
Premium Donator

Post by Rawr » Tue May 12, 2015 10:41 pm

Mims7099 wrote:How about ban nex sets and druid from wild. its stupidly overpowered and there's almost no counter for it. It demotivates new players from pking because they attack anyone and everyone who enters wild. Maybe that could help activity?
Other than a HP boost, Nex gears aren't particularly OP; I don't have much trouble hitting through them until they're combined with a divine, so should we ban that too? It's really only when people safe in these armours that it begins to become a problem. They add a variety of high risk to the wilderness which isn't a bad thing. Druidic on the other hand is OP because it has a massive damage boost and HP boost; it completely outclasses everything with absolutely no trade off at all. It really is impossible to compete with because someone will be outhitting you by miles and they can keep their HP up to levels that you have no chance of being able to kill them from. Removing the HP boost from whilst in PVP in the Wilderness could probably sort out the issue, but it would cause of a lot of bitching and would require a ton of community input first. It's easier to just ban ragging in the first place, at least to begin with.