Some more on bounty hunter

PkHonor's work in progress and future updates will be posted here.
Aresee
Premium Donator

Re: Some more on bounty hunter

Post by Aresee » Tue May 12, 2015 6:20 pm

Azu rite wrote:
Aresee wrote:
Azu rite wrote:Have you seen the wilderness? There's no way we should be forced to get the same target for 6 hours, there's hardly anyone in the wilderness at any given time, most I've seen recently was 10, and that was a good day, it's normally only 3-6
It's something that's going to happen in passing..just because someone isn't your target doesn't mean you can't kill them..it just means you're not going to get BHP from it. It's the difference between making it abusable and making it worthwhile to even do. If people want to have different BH targets then they're more than welcome to spam for some more people to come to the wilderness and PK.
You really don't understand how these things work....

You're not going to abuse if the timer is reasonable, it wouldn't be worthwhile going into a wilderness with 3-6 people if you're just going to have to wait for 6 hours after 3 fights >.>
"Understand how these things work."
Lol..

I didn't see you suggest a more reasonable time with your original post so please. Enlighten us. What would you like to add in to the (15)30-60 minute timer that already exists between targets already? If you're going to put down an update, have a reasonable and constructive criticism about it with a viable other option.

Azu rite
Premium Donator

Post by Azu rite » Tue May 12, 2015 6:31 pm

There's already been a suggestion here.

Aresee
Premium Donator

Post by Aresee » Tue May 12, 2015 6:41 pm

Azu rite wrote:There's already been a suggestion here.
Start off with that next time and it may actually have an impact on what happens instead of just bitching about it. Because as someone who knows how this works, bitching about something doesn't solve anything unless you add it with something that could fix what you're bitching about.

Azu rite
Premium Donator

Post by Azu rite » Tue May 12, 2015 6:51 pm

Aresee wrote:
Start off with that next time and it may actually have an impact on what happens instead of just bitching about it. Because as someone who knows how this works, bitching about something doesn't solve anything unless you add it with something that could fix what you're bitching about.
It was posted there after I said something, fuck off.

Rawr
Premium Donator

Post by Rawr » Tue May 12, 2015 8:11 pm

Aresee wrote:
I actually made the post that he has linked to as a response to his original comment. He highlighted an issue and it was very clear what his suggested solution would be. I must also add to this that a 6H timer limits people's desire to take part in BH hugely; when the server isn't at peak times and the Wilderness is rather empty, knowing that after your first target or two you will have to potentially wait hours just to try and go for another upgrade is extremely demoralising and rather unnecessary. It isn't going to abusable if you still have to wait thirty minutes to an hour to receive the same target and coupled with a few other suggestions I've put forward, you wouldn't even want to anyway because you'd still be caught; for example, a public log of all recent target kills and emblem upgrades, so that if you're killing the same person(s) only over the course of a few hours, it will begin to look suspicious. It wouldn't necessarily scream 'booster', especially if there is little activity in the first place, but it would certainly publicise anything a booster attempts.

Ruler
Honor Player

Post by Ruler » Tue May 12, 2015 8:18 pm

The server advertisement yell seems a good addition.

I agree with Noobinho. People in druidic and divines will be a problem, and even more if you are punished if you don't want to fight someone like that (but I do agree you should be punished if you avoid a target, but in this way it will be negative for normal pkers).

Rawr
Premium Donator

Post by Rawr » Tue May 12, 2015 8:30 pm

Sverre wrote:The server advertisement yell seems a good addition.

I agree with Noobinho. People in druidic and divines will be a problem, and even more if you are punished if you don't want to fight someone like that (but I do agree you should be punished if you avoid a target, but in this way it will be negative for normal pkers).
Ban ragging. Problem solved.

Aresee
Premium Donator

Post by Aresee » Tue May 12, 2015 8:41 pm

Rawr wrote:
Sverre wrote:The server advertisement yell seems a good addition.

Ban ragging. Problem solved.
The server I use to staff for had that rule (and we had a very similar community style as PKH) ...we thought that would solve a bunch of problems. Needless to say..it..it didn't.

Aresee
Premium Donator

Post by Aresee » Tue May 12, 2015 8:44 pm

I always thought the better solution to that was make any items that could be considered too OP/Proddy to be unusable in the wild (Based off game code instead of a punishment)...but then you'd have the elitists say that wildy should be free reign and such..that was always a roadblock.

Rawr
Premium Donator

Post by Rawr » Tue May 12, 2015 8:54 pm

Aresee wrote:I always thought the better solution to that was make any items that could be considered too OP/Proddy to be unusable in the wild (Based off game code instead of a punishment)...but then you'd have the elitists say that wildy should be free reign and such..that was always a roadblock.
Except you don't need the OP gear to rag, it just makes it easier. It also ruins part of the dynamics and interest than can be found within the Wilderness.