Time for some glacors

PkHonor's work in progress and future updates will be posted here.

Your opinion on glacors

I agree that glacors should be donator-only
33%
Glacors should be for all players, you capitalist swine
9%
Glacors should be personalized (each player their own cave)
14%
Glacors should be in one cave where multiple players can be present
22%
Glacors should be in single-combat (note: if this is chosen, all spawned glacytes will be able to attack a player at the same time)
6%
Glacors should be in single-combat, but glacors and glacytes should be able to damage other players if they stand too close (just like RS)
7%
Glacors should be in multi-combat
9%

Total votes: 268

Simon
Honor Player

Re: Time for some glacors

Post by Simon » Thu Mar 05, 2015 1:39 am

Rawr wrote:
Simon wrote:Maybe make glacors a magic only boss (like on RS) and have them be weak to fire spells (Fire bolt, strike, wave, etc.) The fire spells could hit 1.6x on them, making fire wave's max hit without boosts 32.

It's about time we had one of those...
That honestly just makes them annoying and inconvenient.

I've said it before, and I'm going to say it again...

They're only fucking boots. They aren't that special and I don't know why everyone is treating them as something they're not. They won't help the wilderness and hiding them away in some barely accessible place, or forcing people to use inefficient methods to kill them, won't help the situation. It will make them dead content after a few days.

If we want people to actually want to kill these in the long run, they need to be readily available and appealing. That doesn't mean make them almost impossible to kill because all they drop is three pairs of mediocre boots that won't be worth shit after a week. Boots. Not OP weapons, nor OP armour. Just three pairs of goddamn boots.
Diversity makes things more fun.

A magic based monster = diversity.

Lahutatude
Premium Donator

Post by Lahutatude » Thu Mar 05, 2015 1:46 am

It would be basically same as killing dagannoths with magic.
This isn't fun and no1 would bother to do it for (as Rawr sayd) 3 mediocre boots.
I Don't Need To "Get A Life." I'm A Gamer. I Have Lots Of Lives!

Simon
Honor Player

Post by Simon » Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:28 am

Lahutatude wrote:It would be basically same as killing dagannoths with magic.
This isn't fun and no1 would bother to do it for (as Rawr sayd) 3 mediocre boots.
So give the boots +2 in a few offensive bonuses.

Boots that give +6 str over +4 would be worth a nice chunk of change.

Swaggit
Honor Player

Post by Swaggit » Thu Mar 05, 2015 3:15 am

I was thinking that it sounded stupid to think:
"Make PvMers go to the wild for PvPers to be active"
but honestly
Bringing PvMers into the wild so that noob PvPers can come into the wild and the real PvPers go into the wild to kill the noob PvPers and then the real PvPers catch some other real PvPers in the wild and they start to kill each other and the noob PvPer gets away and a noob PvPer sees the running away noob PvPer and they start to battle it out and this might just work.

Hayden
Elite

Post by Hayden » Thu Mar 05, 2015 3:23 am

Swaggit wrote:I was thinking that it sounded stupid to think:
but honestly
Bringing PvMers into the wild so that noob PvPers can come into the wild and the real PvPers go into the wild to kill the noob PvPers and then the real PvPers catch some other real PvPers in the wild and they start to kill each other and the noob PvPer gets away and a noob PvPer sees the running away noob PvPer and they start to battle it out and this might just work.

Swaggit
Honor Player

Post by Swaggit » Thu Mar 05, 2015 3:33 am

Hayden wrote:
but honestly
Legit loled

Rawr
Premium Donator

Post by Rawr » Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:35 am

but honestly
You know how uncommon that is? It barely happens, if at all. It might hold true for a few days after release but after that it will almost certainly never happen.

Bamf status
Premium Donator

Post by Bamf status » Fri Mar 06, 2015 1:55 am

"you capitalist swine" -- i loled. :D
Great work, mike, looking forward to all this!
---They Aint gonna give it to you, so go take it---

Unicorn
Champion

Post by Unicorn » Sat Mar 07, 2015 11:03 pm

Should just add it as a portal in the house at 99 construction, anyone could "use the portal", but should slice the drop rates in half for guests. Normal rates for the owner
Image Image

Nick
Honor Player

Post by Nick » Sun Mar 08, 2015 7:22 am

One of the reason why I don't want it to be in the wild is because Death's have a massive advantage there. They don't need to worry about getting Pk'ed in wild and furthermore there's are many deaths in-game already which makes it even more pointless to place them in wild.
Bill Gates wrote:“I choose a lazy person to do a hard job. Because a lazy person will find an easy way to do it.”