Sorry for letting y'all down

PkHonor's work in progress and future updates will be posted here.
Mike
Programmer

Sorry for letting y'all down

Post by Mike » Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:30 pm

Due to the long (and boring) days at work, during the evenings I have barely any time nor motivation left to work on PkHonor, which leads to delays in the development. Working 10 hours a day is also just too much for me. The job is boring, the people I work with are even more boring and I'm counting the days until the internship is over and I can finally continue to do some serious work on PkHonor.

Which also means pets will not be released in March :/

During the next 2 months, I'll do as much as I can (and as much as my own motivation allows), but miracles are not to be expected. Once that's past me, I will finally have the time I need to do what needs to be done and things will be rapidly evolving once again. There will be no big projects in the near future, but rather smaller updates on a regular basis.

Jon
Honor Player

Re: Sorry for letting y'all down

Post by Jon » Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:45 pm

I kinda figured you wouldnt have time for pets.

Hang in there at work :)

Pure sephy
Premium Donator

Post by Pure sephy » Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:00 pm

And this is why we should really have some kind of secondary developer, for small content releases like this.

It'd have to be somebody you trust though, for obvious reasons.

OT: Either way, it isn't a huge update, so the players can wait. Kind of disappointing though.
Real life comes before PkHonor though, so it's understandable.

Unless you're the Java God.
My awful signature. Really feeling that CoolText font.

Doinyomom v2
Known Venturer

Post by Doinyomom v2 » Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:09 pm

it's understandable.
^these dogs just make you think you're tripping^
^click this picture for the best clan on PKH^

Infection
Wise One

Post by Infection » Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:39 pm

We completely understand, and give support to you.

Mike
Programmer

Post by Mike » Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:02 pm

Pure sephy wrote:And this is why we should really have some kind of secondary developer, for small content releases like this.
I have never objected to hiring another developer, but so far we have rejected every single applicant for developer. Because of the following reasons:
-> Incompetence (most people fail on this one)
-> Untrustworthy (I'm not going to entrust a stranger with 4 years of work)
-> No experience with RSPS (some people may be competent programmers but have no knowledge of RSPS which means training them would take more from my time than it would save us time)

I have high hopes that in the near future I will have a secondary developer, but at this point it's too early to elaborate on that. First we'll see how it goes.

Chaos1

Post by Chaos1 » Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:28 pm

Mike wrote:
Pure sephy wrote:And this is why we should really have some kind of secondary developer, for small content releases like this.
I have never objected to hiring another developer, but so far we have rejected every single applicant for developer. Because of the following reasons:
-> No experience with RSPS (some people may be competent programmers but have no knowledge of RSPS which means training them would take more from my time than it would save us time)

I have high hopes that in the near future I will have a secondary developer, but at this point it's too early to elaborate on that. First we'll see how it goes.
why don't you take a certain amount of time and host a developing Comitee or some thing like that.

I2aw origins
Premium Donator

Post by I2aw origins » Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:33 pm

Mike wrote:

I think I already know the answer but would Dylan and/or Rapsey be willing to do it? I know Rapsey is busy with the web development and what not, but I remember talking to Dylan about him having an RSPS project source.

Nickrock234
Honor Player

Post by Nickrock234 » Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:57 pm

No worries Mike, do what you gotta do.

Regarding hiring a secondary coder, I have some possible prospects, but am unsure if they would like to take part. If you are possibly interested, just let me know and I'll talk with them and hook y'all up; one of which you already know.
Mike wrote:Calling someone a smartass isn't offensive, especially when he's actually being a smartass.

Ruler
Honor Player

Post by Ruler » Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:03 pm

I got exams next week so I am happy the update isn't next week :D
Sucks you don't have enough time anymore, but pets can wait... Good luck with your boring internship :?