Sorry for letting y'all down

PkHonor's work in progress and future updates will be posted here.
Blahblahdie
Fanatic

Re: Sorry for letting y'all down

Post by Blahblahdie » Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:30 pm

Mike wrote:
Blahblahdie wrote: Find a female if you can, they won't stop until that shit's perfect ;)

Lol anyways, I was always under the impression that Dylan had a bit of knowledge on what your job entails.
If so, wouldn't it be possible for him to kind of help out (seeing as if he wanted too)?
I mean, I know you said you don't have time to go over all the stuff with the person etc etc, but obviously you must trust Dylan to some extent, not to mention have other means of communicating with him outside of pkh.
I have been talking to Dylan in recent months, but nothing has been definitively decided yet. So I'm not going to comment on that for the time being.
Ah, okay.

Rawr
Premium Donator

Post by Rawr » Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:57 pm

It it bad that when Brandon said "find a female" and then Mike responded with "I've been talking to Dylan", that I got the wrong idea for a moment...?

But yeah, seriously, I don't even have the motivation, nor time, to play anymore. I can't even begin to imagine how you could even consider working on PKH after the days you're having.

The idea of a second coder is interesting, but as you say, it would be extremely difficult to do so and it won't happen any time soon. Finding someone you can trust won't be easy either. If only Steinburg wasn't so...sporadic ;)

I'm interested to see how things pan out though; both IRL and pixel related ;3

Thoby
Developer

Post by Thoby » Sat Mar 29, 2014 3:32 am

It isn't a problem.
This is your game, and you don't have to excuse yourself for anything;
Your game, your rules; no-one can judge on that.

How were those applicants actually coming in, might I ask?
IRL people you know- and who were interested, or actual people from the community/game itself?

Goodluck with the internship, Mike! :D
Feel free to send me a message, I'd gladly have a chat!
Image Image

Michyy
Fanatic

Post by Michyy » Sat Mar 29, 2014 7:15 am

Take your time ^^. Have fun with the internship.

Cow you
Rookie

Post by Cow you » Sat Mar 29, 2014 7:29 pm

I also have exams next week, so it is understandable.

Orangepike
Premium Donator

Post by Orangepike » Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:44 am

Mike wrote:
Pure sephy wrote:And this is why we should really have some kind of secondary developer, for small content releases like this.
I have never objected to hiring another developer, but so far we have rejected every single applicant for developer. Because of the following reasons:
-> Incompetence (most people fail on this one)
-> Untrustworthy (I'm not going to entrust a stranger with 4 years of work)
-> No experience with RSPS (some people may be competent programmers but have no knowledge of RSPS which means training them would take more from my time than it would save us time)

I have high hopes that in the near future I will have a secondary developer, but at this point it's too early to elaborate on that. First we'll see how it goes.
I may be able to put you in touch with someone Mike. He is one of the best developers I know, maybe not as good as you, however, I do not know you fully.
He has worked on other RSPS, he's active and he's a decent guy. Let me know if you're interested in meeting him. Shoot me a PM on forums.

B0rnt0b3pk
Fanatic

Post by B0rnt0b3pk » Sun Mar 30, 2014 3:43 pm

Steinburg, but I know you wouldn't trust him :P
ImageImage

Mike
Programmer

Post by Mike » Sun Mar 30, 2014 4:29 pm

Orangepike wrote: I may be able to put you in touch with someone Mike. He is one of the best developers I know, maybe not as good as you, however, I do not know you fully.
He has worked on other RSPS, he's active and he's a decent guy. Let me know if you're interested in meeting him. Shoot me a PM on forums.
Sorry, but if I'm going to hire someone, it HAS to be someone that I know (or can get to know) IRL. I will not risk my work in the hands of someone whom I cannot trust entirely. And even if I can't trust him entirely, at least I want to be able to show up on their doorstep and knock em into the hospital incase they ever betray me.
Also, in my experience, 100% of people who has offered their help is either incompetent or untrustworthy (usually both). Aside from Rapsey and Dylan, but I know both of them IRL.

That being said, please leave the recruiting process to me ;) I appreciate the offers, but it's not going to do any good (rather the contrary).

Dead newb
Forum Addict

Post by Dead newb » Sun Mar 30, 2014 4:49 pm

Hang in there, bud! Wont be too much longer.

If you do happen to get a chance, shoot me a message on Skype.
Come hang out and listen to music! http://plug.dj/pkhonor/

Rick
Premium Donator

Post by Rick » Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:10 pm

Mike,

Dylan won a price with both you and Rapsey. I'm sure he's capable of atleast throw out some small updates.

For example let him work out "new" shop items to stabilize the economy. Perhaps he can do other small minor stuff also.

I've send you the quest a few weeks ago, did you ever read the story line? Did you start on it?