[Combat system] Dharoks axe

Discuss anything and everything about PkHonor.

Is the dharoks axe too strong?

Yes, it's too strong
25%
No, it's perfectly fine the way it is
30%
No, and it's actually less powerful than it should be
46%

Total votes: 226

Mike
Programmer

Re: [Combat system] Dharoks axe

Post by Mike » Wed May 08, 2013 9:24 pm

Sick ownage wrote:
Simon wrote:I was just Pking, the opponent was around 1\5th HP. (20-25hp) and I got hit a 89.

That shouldn't be possible ^
That should indeed be possible at that low hp.
99 strength level, 133 strength bonus, super strength potion, turmoil and 20 hitpoints will cause your maximum hit to be 90. That's how it also is in RS, at least according to this calculator. Please stop claiming our formulas are broken as they are not and never have been. Our maximum hit formulas, including that of the dharok's greataxe, is exactly like it is in RuneScape, whether you believe it or not. Certain other aspects, like accuracy, is however different, and we're now working away those differences. Or at least, make our combat system as balanced as possible.
However, if the community agrees our combat system (or certain aspects of it) shouldn't be like in RS, then we'll make it so.

In any case, at the next update, the dharoks axe will be nerfed as the special effect will not occur all the time. Please let us know what you think about it after the update has been done.

Simon
Honor Player

Post by Simon » Wed May 08, 2013 9:40 pm

Mike wrote:
Sick ownage wrote:
Simon wrote:I was just Pking, the opponent was around 1\5th HP. (20-25hp) and I got hit a 89.

That shouldn't be possible ^
That should indeed be possible at that low hp.
99 strength level, 133 strength bonus, super strength potion, turmoil and 20 hitpoints will cause your maximum hit to be 90. That's how it also is in RS, at least according to this calculator. Please stop claiming our formulas are broken as they are not and never have been. Our maximum hit formulas, including that of the dharok's greataxe, is exactly like it is in RuneScape, whether you believe it or not. Certain other aspects, like accuracy, is however different, and we're now working away those differences. Or at least, make our combat system as balanced as possible.
However, if the community agrees our combat system (or certain aspects of it) shouldn't be like in RS, then we'll make it so.

In any case, at the next update, the dharoks axe will be nerfed as the special effect will not occur all the time. Please let us know what you think about it after the update has been done.
The amount of times in real RS that I've seen such a high hit is maybe once.

In PkHonor, it's far too often.

Moleman
Premium Donator

Post by Moleman » Thu May 09, 2013 12:39 am

Tobias pk wrote:To accurate, I got hit 76 throug divine (in void) while the other player had 30-35hp+-.
That was me! :P

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

I have pked a lot with Dharok's on RuneScape, and it's not that different from here.
The only thing who can be changed is that the special effect happens too often (I know you're fixing it)

I think that when you're risking it at 20- HP you should be able to pull of a nice hit.

Kory pk
Premium Donator

Post by Kory pk » Thu May 09, 2013 12:49 am

Simon wrote:
The amount of times in real RS that I've seen such a high hit is maybe once.

In PkHonor, it's far too often.
You must have not pk'ed in Dharok's too often on RS, in a 5-6 hour day of Dharok's pking, I'd probably hit over 80 around 6 maybe 7+ times.

Tobias
Honor Player

Post by Tobias » Fri May 10, 2013 12:07 pm

Moleman192 wrote:
Tobias pk wrote:To accurate, I got hit 76 throug divine (in void) while the other player had 30-35hp+-.
That was me! :P

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

I have pked a lot with Dharok's on RuneScape, and it's not that different from here.
The only thing who can be changed is that the special effect happens too often (I know you're fixing it)

I think that when you're risking it at 20- HP you should be able to pull of a nice hit.
Look, I got proof, he killed me lol. So I'm not just saying something.
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur

I'm gone.

Kory pk
Premium Donator

Post by Kory pk » Sun May 12, 2013 8:24 am

Mike,
This needs to be reversed, the axe is just god awful now. After hours of testing, the axe hits around 1/10 times, and about 1/15 are a decent hit that is above 5...

Ain
Unstoppable

Post by Ain » Sun May 12, 2013 8:41 am

Kory pk wrote:Mike,
This needs to be reversed, the axe is just god awful now. After hours of testing, the axe hits around 1/10 times, and about 1/15 are a decent hit that is above 5...
Has he even updated it yet?

Are you joking?...

I just hit like 60s at full hp.

Kory pk
Premium Donator

Post by Kory pk » Sun May 12, 2013 9:18 am

Ain wrote:
Kory pk wrote:Mike,
Has he even updated it yet?

Are you joking?...

I just hit like 60s at full hp.
Fought someone for about 2 hours, relogging every fight to make sure pid had nothing to do with it. Neither one of us died. We redbarred each other with claws, but never even came close with the axe :\

Jibberish
Premium Donator

Post by Jibberish » Sun May 12, 2013 9:24 am

Nothing should be changed, but the accuacy on high hitpoints, decrease that. And when your health is lowered it should slightly increase all the way.
Just my opinion.

P k pura p k

Post by P k pura p k » Sun May 26, 2013 12:10 am

I think you should make it hit a bit less ,since you can smack 70s at 80 hp. but still keep the accuracy. You cant risk it low hp since you hit as high at 60.