Make magic stones more rare?

Discuss anything and everything about PkHonor.

Should the droprate on magic stones be lowered?

Yes, lower the droprate
48%
No, it's fine as it is
19%
No, it's even too low already
33%

Total votes: 215

Ruler
Honor Player

Re: Make magic stones more rare?

Post by Ruler » Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:09 pm

Or just add requirements for it like suggested before. Add Completionist Cape as requirement for Death when it is added and hold it like this for now.
Last edited by Ruler on Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rawr
Premium Donator

Post by Rawr » Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:10 pm

No, just make Death harder to obtain.

Dinn3rr
Rookie

Post by Dinn3rr » Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:02 am

I personally think it's fine where it is.

Simon
Honor Player

Post by Simon » Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:09 am

Or...give the demonic throne some features (which will make people buy mstones more, raising the price & demand).

http://forums.pkhonor.net/viewtopic.php?f=73&t=13006

(Stickied demonic kite thread from December 05,2013)

Evan
Honor Player

Post by Evan » Thu Mar 06, 2014 5:13 am

Why not make the magic stone untradeable so it actually is more of a 'end game item.' If we did this then you'd actually have to spend time doing the clue scrolls not just be rich enough to auto click 99 construction and buy a m stone. I personally think the rates are fine, I've opened dozens of elites, all gathered by myself, and not once gotten a m stone.
Be da best: [x]

Hayden
Elite

Post by Hayden » Thu Mar 06, 2014 5:17 am

P000p wrote:Why not make the magic stone untradeable so it actually is more of a 'end game item.' If we did this then you'd actually have to spend time doing the clue scrolls not just be rich enough to auto click 99 construction and buy a m stone. I personally think the rates are fine, I've opened dozens of elites, all gathered by myself, and not once gotten a m stone.
I would support m stone being untradeable

Ruler
Honor Player

Post by Ruler » Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:05 am

Hayden wrote:
P000p wrote:Why not make the magic stone untradeable so it actually is more of a 'end game item.' If we did this then you'd actually have to spend time doing the clue scrolls not just be rich enough to auto click 99 construction and buy a m stone. I personally think the rates are fine, I've opened dozens of elites, all gathered by myself, and not once gotten a m stone.
Me too.

Rawr
Premium Donator

Post by Rawr » Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:24 pm

Hayden wrote:
Buy caskets instead then. If you make them untradeable too, you make it A LOT harder for players to make money, and it just results in the flow of money within the economy being restricted as the richer players no longer have to spend 50B, usually to a poor player, as it becomes an item they have to gain themselves.

Results:

-> Rich players keep their money & poor players stay poorer.
-> Considerably less money being 'active' in the economy (if you have a hundred billion or so, you're unlikely to ever spend it all - more chance that you stake it). Less money circulating ~> prices lower; new players with caskets can't sell them to richer players & then buy gear / other items they want.

Quite basic and probably flawed explanation, but that's what would likely happen. The rich would just have to spend a bit of time getting a magic stone, whereas poorer players wouldn't even be able to sell caskets / magic stones, and the total % of money circulating wouldn't increase.

The solution should be to make Death harder to obtain, not making it harder for everyone to make money. You 'solve' one problem, but you cause many more.

*if harder requirements for Death are implemented, prices of the stones will likely drop & so I'd also suggest reducing the drop rates on them too. Then again, if less people want them, perhaps people will start buying them for more than just a Magic Chest if their prices are lower. But meh, it's hard to say what would be best; high prices & less, or lower price & more - if Death itself is harder to obtain,'ore ingame should be fine.

Ruler
Honor Player

Post by Ruler » Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:42 pm

Magic stones would be untradeble and not elite caskets. So everything you said doesn't apply to this situation. Poor people prefer selling caskets than opening them with a little chance of gettig magic stone. Because rich people can't buy the magic stone, they have to buy caskets and open theirself. So the demand in magic stones gets replaced by demand in caskets. Maybe prices will raise a bit. So more mobey goes to poor people (in general the magic stones don't come from poor people)

Absol505
Premium Donator

Post by Absol505 » Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:58 pm

Merchers gonna like that.