Make magic stones more rare?

Discuss anything and everything about PkHonor.

Should the droprate on magic stones be lowered?

Yes, lower the droprate
48%
No, it's fine as it is
19%
No, it's even too low already
33%

Total votes: 215

Rawr
Premium Donator

Re: Make magic stones more rare?

Post by Rawr » Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:40 pm

Ruler wrote:Magic stones would be untradeble and not elite caskets. So everything you said doesn't apply to this situation. Poor people prefer selling caskets than opening them with a little chance of gettig magic stone. Because rich people can't buy the magic stone, they have to buy caskets and open theirself. So the demand in magic stones gets replaced by demand in caskets. Maybe prices will raise a bit. So more mobey goes to poor people (in general the magic stones don't come from poor people)
You realise that would still make Death a buyable option? You wouldn't be changing anything at all. Which makes everything still valid.

Newer players won't even be able to sell a magic stone with your suggestion & they won't have a chance of getting Death. People will purely be trying to sell caskets, and there will be more elites than people wanting to buy at current prices so elites will likely reduce in price.

Prices won't rise. Caskets will be demanded less & supply will rise. Instead of randoms opening / buying like now, those after Death will buy. Nothing will increase their price. It's more likely to go down.

Evan
Honor Player

Post by Evan » Fri Mar 07, 2014 2:35 am

Hashtag wrote:
Hayden wrote:
P000p wrote:Why not make the magic stone untradeable so it actually is more of a 'end game item.' If we did this then you'd actually have to spend time doing the clue scrolls not just be rich enough to auto click 99 construction and buy a m stone. I personally think the rates are fine, I've opened dozens of elites, all gathered by myself, and not once gotten a m stone.
I would support m stone being untradeable
Buy caskets instead then. If you make them untradeable too, you make it A LOT harder for players to make money, and it just results in the flow of money within the economy being restricted as the richer players no longer have to spend 50B, usually to a poor player, as it becomes an item they have to gain themselves.

Results:

-> Rich players keep their money & poor players stay poorer.
-> Considerably less money being 'active' in the economy (if you have a hundred billion or so, you're unlikely to ever spend it all - more chance that you stake it). Less money circulating ~> prices lower; new players with caskets can't sell them to richer players & then buy gear / other items they want.

Quite basic and probably flawed explanation, but that's what would likely happen. The rich would just have to spend a bit of time getting a magic stone, whereas poorer players wouldn't even be able to sell caskets / magic stones, and the total % of money circulating wouldn't increase.

The solution should be to make Death harder to obtain, not making it harder for everyone to make money. You 'solve' one problem, but you cause many more.

*if harder requirements for Death are implemented, prices of the stones will likely drop & so I'd also suggest reducing the drop rates on them too. Then again, if less people want them, perhaps people will start buying them for more than just a Magic Chest if their prices are lower. But meh, it's hard to say what would be best; high prices & less, or lower price & more - if Death itself is harder to obtain,'ore ingame should be fine.
Maybe have an xp requirement on death, say 15b?
Be da best: [x]

Kalista
Honor Player

Post by Kalista » Fri Mar 07, 2014 2:36 am

its a pvm item, not a skilling item. so nah to xp

Evan
Honor Player

Post by Evan » Fri Mar 07, 2014 3:23 am

Hentai yum wrote:its a pvm item, not a skilling item. so nah to xp
It's an "end game item." So only people who are experienced to the game should get it not stakers who buy the item.
Be da best: [x]

Rawr
Premium Donator

Post by Rawr » Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:02 am

No, it's supposed to be endgame.

Kalista
Honor Player

Post by Kalista » Fri Mar 07, 2014 2:14 pm

Hashtag wrote:
No, it's supposed to be endgame.
Meh, idc really, as long as I get to keep mine .-.

Nitly
Novice

Post by Nitly » Fri Mar 07, 2014 4:07 pm

Too many ppl get m stones.
I'm in for lowering the rates.

Kalista
Honor Player

Post by Kalista » Fri Mar 07, 2014 4:31 pm

Nitly wrote:Too many ppl get m stones.
It took me 382 elites for my first mstone .-.

Nitly
Novice

Post by Nitly » Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:58 pm

Hentai yum wrote:
Nitly wrote:Too many ppl get m stones.
It took me 382 elites for my first mstone .-.
A friend of mine got 4 m stones on 100 elites.

Ruler
Honor Player

Post by Ruler » Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:04 pm

It is not relevent to this thread to mention how many mstones in how many casket people got since it is total random and depends on luck.