Todays Updates! (13 February 2014)

All of PkHonor's news will be posted here.
Rawr
Premium Donator

Re: Todays Updates! (3 February 2014)

Post by Rawr » Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:44 pm

Random goat wrote:that guy veggieburgah cause it i don't think it's a coincidence he told me spam ::fart 1ms and it nulls the server he specifically told me that... and he did that and we all crashed
Tell him to do it again.

Cvc
Known Venturer

Post by Cvc » Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:05 am

I fucking love the help system on here. seriously good job. :)
I AM CVC AND I APPROVE THIS MESSAGE.

Justin
Champion

Post by Justin » Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:17 am

Random goat wrote:that guy veggieburgah cause it i don't think it's a coincidence he told me spam ::fart 1ms and it nulls the server he specifically told me that... and he did that and we all crashed
The client doesn't have enough time to process and perform the command(s) when they're spammed 1Ms, the server simply ignores them..
It's the same with chat, you can spam chat as much as you want, only a certain amount of messages will go through in a certain amount of time.

You can try it if you'd like
Edit: For those that want to try it, open 2 clients, log in on both and get your 2 accounts into a private, spam the chat at 1Ms and look at the chatbox on the other client, you'll notice that most of the messages didn't go through.

Kory pk
Premium Donator

Post by Kory pk » Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:39 am

What Veggieburgah is talking about is exactly true. If you spam ::fart it causes the null.

EDIT: It seems like it has actually been fixed, thanks :)

Justin
Champion

Post by Justin » Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:49 am

Kory pk wrote:What Veggieburgah is talking about is exactly true. If you spam ::fart it causes the null.

It never worked like that in the first place.

Kory pk
Premium Donator

Post by Kory pk » Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:01 am

Obsidia wrote:
Kory pk wrote:What Veggieburgah is talking about is exactly true. If you spam ::fart it causes the null.

Erm... Idk what you think caused the server nulls. But I've actually witnessed it happen.

Justin
Champion

Post by Justin » Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:08 am

Kory pk wrote:
Obsidia wrote:

Erm... Idk what you think caused the server nulls. But I've actually witnessed it happen.
Well first of all, I've spammed several commands including "::fart" at 1 ms SO MANY TIMES in the past, nothing ever happened.

2. Spamming a command that sends a simple message and an performs an emote can't cause a null.

3. You witnessed it? What happened? You spammed the command and the server nulled? Have you taken it into consideration that could've been coincidence?

Kory pk
Premium Donator

Post by Kory pk » Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:16 am

Obsidia wrote:Well first of all, I've spammed several commands including "::fart" at 1 ms SO MANY TIMES in the past, nothing ever happened.

2. Spamming a command that sends a simple message and an performs an emote can't cause a null.

3. You witnessed it? What happened? You spammed the command and the server nulled? Have you taken it into consideration that could've been coincidence?
That null that just happened 5 minutes ago, I recorded proof and it's already being forwarded to Mike. Hopefully he'll just add a cooldown to emotes, that'll solve it.

Ak killem

Post by Ak killem » Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:51 am

Well I'm excited to see if the new code is working as promised, PkHonor 24/7 aye. :D
AK Killem | PvM Pro Main
Check out: Ak Killem's Goals & Achievements
My first guide: [NEW] Black Dragon's Revamped - Maximize Your Profit [100M+]
*TOTAL # OF DRACONIC VISAGES COLLECTED: 26.

I2aw origins
Premium Donator

Post by I2aw origins » Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:01 am

Basically what Justin said, it's not ::fart that's directly causing it because the server will ignore messages that are being sent too frequently. I can't tell you how PkHonor is programmed in regards to commands & messages, but from my experience using PI clients & sources I have never effectively been able to do any type of lag or damage to a server with simple commands. There's an unrelated underlying cause to the nulls, it's a pure coincidence that when you spam ::fart that it's nulling the server.