The Construction Rooms Guide

Zero76
Premium Donator

The Construction Rooms Guide

Post by Zero76 » Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:35 pm

ImageThe Construction Rooms GuideImage
Construction is a skill that offers many possibilities. Alot of people don't know what's possible with building a house. The construction skills offers access to a lot of new items, monsters and regions. Since more and more people start asking where to get those items and to give a insight in what Mike really did with the construction skill I decided to wrote a guide. In this guide I will explain into detail by room what the possibilities of those rooms are.
Content
  • This guide will be divided into three parts. The first part will go a little into detail about your house size. The second part, also the biggest part of the guide, will go into deeply detail about all rooms within your house. Last but not least I will explain something about extra benefits with construction. Soon updated, just posted so I won't lose it.
    [*]1. House Size & Servant
    [*]2. Rooms
    [*]3. Extra benefits
[/color]
1. House Size & Servant
To start construction you will need a house first. A house can easily be bought by talking to the Estate Agent west of the banks at the Varrock fountain. Early warning: construction costs a shitload of money! When talking to the estage agent you need to decide between four house sizes (note: rooms also! include dungeons, gardens, etcetera):
  • - 3 rooms: 1M coins
    - 12 rooms: 20M coins
    - 25 rooms: 100M coins (donator only)
    - 150 rooms: 2B coins (premium only)

Chose wisely, the amount of gold you payed to the estate agents adds up. So if you bought the 25 rooms house (100M coins) and later on you are planning to extend further, the biggest house only costs 1.9B since you already paid the 100M. You can also buy a servant at the estage agent, which is your houses butler. It costs 200M and requires you to have atleast 2 bedrooms in house. By talking to your butler you (and your guests) can bank and ask for how many rooms your house has. When not appearing to have a butler/servant after paying 200M and having 2 bedrooms, try rebuilding bedrooms - this fixes the problem most of the times.

2. Rooms
Creating a new room in your house requires a certain construction level and cash. All rooms are listed here below, and within the spoiler tags the features within that specific room are explained.

Image Parlour -> level: 1, cost: 10M
Spoiler: show
The parlour is one of the simplest rooms yet also a fun one. In many houses this will be one of the first rooms you will be in. As you can see there is a little fireplace, some chairs and some bookcases. The fireplace and the bookcase both have their functions listed below.

Fireplace: You can burn logs in here like you would do using a tinderbox. Burning logs in here will gain you additional experience (clay: +5%, stone: +10% and marble +15%).
Bookcase: The bookcase gives information about the owner of the house (picture below). It gives some general information (started playing, points, ratio, time played), information about skilling & quest achievements and also lists the rare drops the owner got.

Image Garden -> level: 1, cost: 40M
The (formal) garden is probably the most beautiful place within your house. The main goal of the garden is to decorate it as nice as possible with trees, flowers and bushes. In the center of your garden you can build different fancy things such as a pond, a gazebo, different statues and an enter/exit portal. As you see on the picture you can also plant trees within your gardens. These tree can be of any kind; normal to magic with the exception of mahogany. Cutting those trees will give you another +15% bonus experience.

Image Kitchen -> level: 5, cost: 40M
The kitchen is the room for the girly part within us. The kitchen offers a wide range of uses and features. The larder gives ingedrients to make a pizza, the type of ingedrients differs per type oak larder. Below are all types and ingedrients listed.
  • - Wooden larder: meat for meat pizza (45 cooking, 2000 xp, 2 bites, heals 10 per bite)
  • - Oak larder: anchovy for anchovy pizza (65 cooking, 3500 xp, 2 bites, heals 12 per bite)
  • - Teak larder: pineapple rings for pineapple pizza (85 cooking, 5000 xp, 2 bites, heals 14 per bite)

The range can be used to cook food on, but like in all parts of the house it gives several advantages over using a normal range. These advantages are listed below per type range.
  • - Firepit: no extra xp or lower burn rates
  • - Firepit with hook: +3% cooking xp, -6% burn rate
  • - Firepit with pot: +5% cooking xp, -10% burn rate
  • - Small oven: +7% cooking xp, -14% burn rate
  • - Large oven: +9% cooking xp, -18% burn rate
  • - Steel range: +12% cooking xp, -24% burn rate
  • - Fancy range: +15% cooking xp, -30% burn rate

The sink can be used to create soft clay from hard clay or refill your watering can or bucket here. Using a pump and tub (two times as fast) or a sink (three times as fast) will increase the speed of your filling or creating even more. The shelves within the kitchen give you an empty beer glass.

Image Dining Room -> level: 10, cost: 10M
The dining room is the ultimate place to chill out with a group of friends. Within the dining room there is a big table and two big benches. You can also light a fire like you can in the parlour room. Need the butler? Let the owner ring the bell pull and it will come straight to the dining room!

Image Workshop -> level: 15, cost: 80M
The workshop is one of the rooms with the most features. There are four very interesting objects which all are useful for different things and some offer cool new items! The most important object (for many) within this room is the workbench. The workbench offers discount on making planks AND disables the need to continue walk back and forth to a bank (in Seers Village). The discount per type workbench is listed below.
  • - Wooden workbench: 2% discount (58.8k coins per plank)
  • - Oak workbench: 4% discount (57.6k coins per plank)
  • - Steel framed workbench: 6% discount (56.4k coins per plank)
  • - Bench with vice:8% discount (55.2k coins per plank)
  • - Bench with lathe: 10% discount (54k coins per plank)

The repair stands fixes barrows armour at a certain discount and also gives a chance to repair chaotic armour for free without using a repair kit. The rates are listed below.
  • - Repair bench: 20% discount/20% chance
  • - Whetstone: 40% discount/40% chance
  • - Armour stand: 60% discount/60% chance

The clockwork bench is used to make clockworks and clockwork pets. To make a clockwork you need a steel bar + normal plank. After that you can create four different clockwork pets out of the clockwork: toy soldier, toy doll, toy mouse & toy cat. Last but not least is creating banners and trimmed armour at the banner stand. To get a specific banner or trimmed armour you need to talk to Sir Renitee (Falador castle, second floor west) and chose your family crest. Use the banner chest to create trimmed armour (steel/rune helm/kiteshield) or a family crest banner.

Image Bedroom -> level: 20, cost: 20M
The bedroom is the room where the magical things happen. Apart from a bed (which is also a requirement for your butler!) you can use the wardrobe to get some cool new fashion (add picture). You can also use the dresser to change your appearence.

Image Skill Hall -> level: 25, cost: 20M
The function of the skill hall is mainly decorating. Several heads obtained from monsters can be mounted on your walls of the skill hall. On top of that you can also set up armour in the middle of the room. Runes can be shown in a glass box. Last but not least the skill hall provides chairs access to a dungeon or first floor.

Image Games Room -> level: 30, cost: 20M

Image Combat Room -> level: 32, cost: 20M
Apart from all this decoration and fancy stuff there is also place for the thrill seekers and PvPers out here. In the combat room it is possible to place several different safe PvP activities. Apart from that there is a boxing rack where different weapons can be achieved from. (picture)

Image Quest Hall -> level: 35, cost: 20M
The quest hall has almost the same functions as the skill hall with the exception of the amulet of glory. This mounted amulet on the wall offers free teleports to Edgeville, Karamja, Draynor Village and Al Kharid. The same bookcase as in the parlour is also found here.

Image Study -> level: 40, cost: 80M

Image Costume Room -> level: 42, cost: 30M
The costume room has no uses yet.

Image Chapel -> level: 45, cost: 150M

Image Portal Chamber -> level: 50, cost: 120M

Image Formal Garden -> level: 55, cost 100M

Image Throne Room -> level: 60, cost 50M

3. Extra benefits
- soon updated -
Thanks to
  • - Mike - used some things out of his construction thread
  • - Teh Pedobear & Tobias Pk - sneaked in his house to screenshot some rooms
Last edited by Zero76 on Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:52 pm, edited 9 times in total.

Pure sephy
Premium Donator

Re: The Construction Rooms Guide

Post by Pure sephy » Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:49 pm

Great, I was going to do one of these. Looks like there's no need to now.

Nice guide thus far! :)
My awful signature. Really feeling that CoolText font.

Zero76
Premium Donator

Post by Zero76 » Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:57 pm

Pure sephy wrote:Great, I was going to do one of these. Looks like there's no need to now.

Nice guide thus far! :)
Cool, you can always help out if you like! Construction is really underrated imo, also if you see how much work Mike have put in and the features it really has. Just send me a PM or something, help is always accepted! :)

Thoby
Developer

Post by Thoby » Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:31 pm

Holy mother of god!
Ziet er netjes uit! ;)
Feel free to send me a message, I'd gladly have a chat!
Image Image

Tobias
Honor Player

Post by Tobias » Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:22 pm

Use my house, it's #1 looking and functional. (IMO).

:mrgreen:

And nice guide, maybe use more colours.
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur

I'm gone.

Failname
Novice

Post by Failname » Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:10 pm

Thanks, to this guide, will build a kitchen now for dat 99 cooking. ;)

Armyking
Rookie

Post by Armyking » Sun Dec 08, 2013 2:08 am

Great guide bro keep it up

Zero76
Premium Donator

Post by Zero76 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 4:20 pm

Thoby wrote:Holy mother of god!
Ziet er netjes uit! ;)
Failname wrote:Thanks, to this guide, will build a kitchen now for dat 99 cooking. ;)
Armyking wrote:Great guide bro keep it up
Thanks guys, still need to improve it though. Hoping to complete it till 90-95% tonight.
Tobias wrote:Use my house, it's #1 looking and functional. (IMO).

:mrgreen:

And nice guide, maybe use more colours.
Cool! I only knews Teh Pedobears house was big, but yours is too. I sneaked in and also made some pictures there, thank you! :mrgreen: What about the colors, you are right, although I don't like them that much I guess I need to use them more. Will take this into account! :)