Barrelchest Guide

Rileyz

Barrelchest Guide

Post by Rileyz » Thu Dec 05, 2013 5:17 pm

So here's my guide to doing barrelchest.

Requirements

Musts: 99 range and 40 prayer
Recommended: 99 range, 99 defense, 99 hp, and 95+ prayer
Oh and I can't forget that you have to be donor

Gear
20131205_100232.png
You are seeking to get max range bonus for what you have. This just happened to be the gear i threw together in hurry. After further testing void is the best option besides pernix. This is due to void giving a better prayer + range bonus then arma while arma giving sustainability that is not needed at barrelchest.
Inventory
20131205_100528.png
So basically you want a ton of pray pots, range stat boosting pots, then a little food in case something bad happens. You might also want to bring a teletab to make leaving easier.
Safe Spot
20131205_100834.png
Barrelchest hits with both melee and ranged attacks but if you run into the safespot he can only use his ranged attack which doesnt hit through prayer. So you just run to the safe spot in southwest corner and pray range. Pretty simple from here. Keep prayer and range boosted and you'll have no trouble.

Drops
Spoiler: show
Arcane stream necklace 1 Ultra rare
Barrelchest anchor 1 Ultra rare
Bones 1 Always
Coins 10,000 Rare
Dagonhai hat 1 Rare
Dagonhai robes 1 Rare
Dagonhai top 1 Rare
Dragon platelegs 1 Very rare
Dragon sq shield 1 Rare
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Rileyz on Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:09 am, edited 3 times in total.

Pure sephy
Premium Donator

Re: Barrelchest Guide

Post by Pure sephy » Thu Dec 05, 2013 5:22 pm

Decent, perhaps add a bit more words.

Other than that, nice guide.

Also, wouldn't Barrows gloves be better? Since they provide the same ranged bonus whilst providing a nifty defence bonus?
My awful signature. Really feeling that CoolText font.

Rileyz

Post by Rileyz » Thu Dec 05, 2013 5:24 pm

Pure sephy wrote: Also, wouldn't Barrows gloves be better? Since they provide the same ranged bonus whilst providing a nifty defence bonus?
Doesn't matter since you aren't taking damage. From the safespot you simply dont get hit unless you run out for too long to get drops. If you dont waste time or misclick you wont ever take damage.

Dead newb
Forum Addict

Post by Dead newb » Sat Dec 14, 2013 6:09 pm

You can also bring a cannon for faster kills, and it draws them over towards you so you don't ever stop having one attacking you.
Come hang out and listen to music! http://plug.dj/pkhonor/